You bought what!!!

Are you going to show this thread to him to make you feel better about his car purchase?

I'm sure the fact that a handful of lifeless internet nerds on a motoring forum populated mainly by Mondeos, second hand BMWs and knackered mundane hatchbacks will help him change his mind :)

Are you saying the smart way to buy a car is to buy brand new?

!

Am I the only one who misread the car as "Missan Paxo" lol
Im nuts sometimes but I wouldnt be seen dead in that little thing!
There seems to be a fad involving little cars like this around my area. Some lass has 3 little cars with what I can only desribe as lawn-mower engines and they make a god awfull racket lol.

Did he specifically ask for your opinion or did you just give it anyway? If he did come to you for advice then I can see why you wonder why you wasted the oxygen!

He did, yes.

25,000 miles doing what? Pizza delivery boy?

No Quantity Surveyor in London and living on the South Coast

Is he in a grace period with the dealer at all?

I'm trying to find out and save him

Are you going to show this thread to him to make you feel better about his car purchase?

As Gillys post I'm going to try and save him from himself and if he's in his grace period I'll show him this, if he's balls deep I don't think I'll rub his nose in it

7k on that ? Ugh...

One of the retired ladies in the streets has one, but uses it for what it's intended for, driving to the shop once or twice in a week, not 25k miles per year. Did he even test drive the Mazda and the Pixo to compare ?
This green bull**** draws too much people to small city boxes. Imho all the green subsidies for cars should immediately be stopped, waste of money especially in these times.

One of my classmates at uni is soon doing the same, he is selling his Celica, in favor of a brand new Aygo ( because it's economical, tax free, etc), when I pointed out how much it costs more, he said he'll soon earn that back because it's economical and tax free :rolleyes: ( I'll still be years till he'll break even). Also willing to bet he'll be sick of that Aygo within a week and will be looking to buy his old car back.

Last edited:
Did he even test drive the Mazda and the Pixo to compare ?

This is the icing on the cake, he's not even driven it, you couldn't make it up!!

He's having to give his company car back and has left it to the last minute and is panicking now, his brother in law is a 'car dealer' and found the car for him, he's agreed it all over the phone and picks the car up this weekend

This is the icing on the cake, he's not even driven it, you couldn't make it up!!

He's having to give his company car back and has left it to the last minute and is panicking now, his brother in law is a 'car dealer' and found the car for him, he's agreed it all over the phone and picks the car up this weekend

:eek: :(

Super lols.

How can you buy a car without even slightly knowing how it drives, or hell, being even in it ?

I didn't drive mine before I bought it. The garage is so cheap it doesnt have insurance for test drives!

But £660 isnt the same as £8,000 :p

Brother in law saw him coming not just 1, but 5 miles off.

Sort him out and please do all you can to help him, and if he doesn't see sense then rip the hell out of him for it as he doesn't deserve to be a man!

Back
Top Bottom