You bought what!!!

This is the icing on the cake, he's not even driven it, you couldn't make it up!!

He's having to give his company car back and has left it to the last minute and is panicking now, his brother in law is a 'car dealer' and found the car for him, he's agreed it all over the phone and picks the car up this weekend

If he hasn't picked it up yet, surely it isn't too late?? Get onto him! He's making a HUGE mistake!

He's having to give his company car back and has left it to the last minute and is panicking now, his brother in law is a 'car dealer' and found the car for him, he's agreed it all over the phone and picks the car up this weekend

His brother in law? If this a family that doesn't really get on or did he just not tell the brother in law what the car was to be used for?

If it really is like a Daewoo Matiz in driving style then doing motorway miles (or indeed any real distance) in it will be no fun at all, there's a good chance that it'll be uncomfortable and irritating trying to keep the car at motorway speeds as they don't tend to be quiet there or at least my parents' Matiz wasn't - in fact the main enjoyment was to have a good long run-up, overtake someone and then watch as they immediately decided to re-overtake you because of the black affront in being overtaken by a Matiz.

Easy, iv done that before, he who dares wins an all that !

You have to be fearless, nerves of steel!

Maybe so but does that really apply in this case? He who dares may also be about to get royally shafted.

If hes ito green and all that why didnt he just get one of the Seat's that they advertise when your doing the road tax online ? Surely its got to be better than that.

His brother in law? If this a family that doesn't really get on or did he just not tell the brother in law what the car was to be used for?

Yes I think so, it'll not touch the motorway, it'll be 30 miles on A roads and dual carriage ways then 20 miles of Croydon and north into town

If hes ito green and all that why didnt he just get one of the Seat's that they advertise when your doing the road tax online ? Surely its got to be better than that.

The car policy is based on C02 <120 g roughly £300 pcm then down to 185g +> £160 pcm however going >140 g you only lose £180 pa

Man, 25k miles a year in that. :eek:

The interior of it makes my Mini look like a Bentley in comparison. :o

God, what have I just watched on youtube... :(

Hey that's not to bad, oh KPH

He is at university today so I have sent him a pleading email not to buy it, we will see what tomorrow brings

At first I was like ":eek: that's a bit quick for what it is", then saw it was in KMH not MPH and died a little inside :(

It is so slow its dangerous. Not only that but he's obviously ragging it and if you had to that the whole time just to get any kind of power out of the car, well its not exactly going to be economic on fuel. :(

Last edited:
Did he get the manual or automatic?

Air conditioning? Could be rather horrible in the summer if he didnt doing that amount of mileage!

I want to see a 0 - 60 dash, with air-con on, a full tank, 4 people, oh and on the automatic version. It would be epic - I wonder if it would actually get there. :confused:

3,600 rpm at 80mph in 5th gear for the manual, 3,700 for the auto :o.

I may have fluffed those calculations but if that's true, it's going to be awful.

I think you must have, that would be about right for something like a 1.8L Mondeo, but 22.2mph/1000RPM sounds very high geared for a shopping car with a tiny engine.

Back
Top Bottom