Your bad driving encounters

You're not wrong. I see all them dash cam chanels on facebook where all of the comments are from pro drivers explaining how they would have avoided the accident with their mad skills :cry:

To be fair, most of the avoidable accidents you see on the compilation videos genuinely are extremely avoidable and you wouldn't need particularly 'mad skills', just functioning eyes :p

They're also increasingly full of absolute wet wipes, like this guy having a full on panic attack because someone pulled across the road so far in front of him they were virtually abroad.

***Removed - a massive sweary in the thumbnail***

3:48 if the link doesn't start at the right time.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, most of the avoidable accidents you see on the compilation videos genuinely are extremely avoidable and you wouldn't need particularly 'mad skills', just functioning eyes :p

They're also increasingly full of absolute wet wipes, like this guy having a full on panic attack because someone pulled across the road so far in front of him they were virtually abroad.

Yep also true. I've seen more videos than I can count of people using their horn before applying the brakes

I've seen far too many that are obviously the cam owner wanting a few seconds of fame and luckily enough, most of them get called out.

Seen a few called out that probably shouldn't have been due to the cam now really showing how close that near miss was.

Some of the worst driving I have seen has been from vehicles with a camera hanging in the windscreen.

Went out on the bike this morning 15 seconds off my drive and a car just continues to drive at me while I was in the middle of passing parked cars on their side because they'd decided we'd both fit it I moved into the gutter. Absolutely not my friend.

Then not long after that someone doing a turn in a side road pulled out across me, which would have been fine if she'd not pulled out and then stopped in the middle of the road across me for no particular reason.

At that point I decided today obviously wasn't a good day to spend too much time on two wheels.

Returning home yesterday on a single carriageway on my way (A50), I see a biker CBR650R close behind another car in the oncoming lane. I expected the biker to move out to overtake when I had gone past, but nope, he pops out at the same time as I am passing the oncoming car. What an idiot!

Put his life in danger for 2 seconds and further shaming the biking community because of that dangerous manoeuvre.

Saw 3 separate cyclists within 5 minutes nearly taken out and/or badly passed by cars, funny thing was the first one the first 2 cars then had to wait for me and the cyclist went back past them using the pavement, though if I was that cyclist I'd rather have them ahead of me.

Saw a video doing the rounds on twitter this morning. Driver gets out of the car, grabs the cyclist by their neck and throws him head first into the ground where he stays. He wasn't the brightest person as someone found them sharing a picture of their new car on Facebook in public view. Hopefully some space in jail now for a long stay.

What is it with people blindly pulling out at junctions, just because the vehicle in front/to their side just did? Do morons assume that it means nothing is coming, so they don't need to stop and check!

Had it twice on my motorcycle this week, one being very close, but the Spidey senses already flagged the driver as an imbecile, so I had the brakes covered and ready. Just had it driving the car with my daughter in the back - I'm on an NSL and someone pulls out from a side junction (on a cross road), a bit too close for my liking, but I applied the brakes lightly - only for the idiot who had been waiting behind them, to also come out! Light brakes then turned into a full on stomp to avoid us ploughing into the side of them.

Oh and for the love of God, VANS! These are now my new pet peeve down here in Dorset, not commercial ones (as we all know they are 90% poorly driven), I'm talking about the mish mash of converted things chasing the camper van dream (though they'll never be as cool as a split screen!) - often driven by people who are completely incompetent with such a vehicle; crossing the crown of the road for no good reason other than the fact they cannot judge the size, making it a right barrel of laughs when you take a corner to find some wally partially in your lane.

They also seem to be driven by overly aggressive types, often middle aged men, who seem to think that as they were conned into paying upwards of 40k for a van, they have some sort of luxury premium car we must all move out the way of.

Lucky the roads around here aren't as tight as some in Cornwall, as I can only imagine the carnage they wreak over there!

The one I get is people pulling out of junctions on dual-carriageways trying to force you over - if it is clear to do so I'll already be in the other lane, what they don't see is say the motorbike that is hidden by your car that prevents you moving and causes an incredibly dangerous situation. Fortunately I've not encountered many people just pulling out without looking, especially not those just following on another vehicle.

My brother gave up biking because of it though.

The one I get is people pulling out of junctions on dual-carriageways trying to force you over - if it is clear to do so I'll already be in the other lane, what they don't see is say the motorbike that is hidden by your car that prevents you moving and causes an incredibly dangerous situation. Fortunately I've not encountered many people just pulling out without looking, especially not those just following on another vehicle.

My brother gave up biking because of it though.

One that seems to be on the rise is the "I'm turning left out of the junction so I only need to look right" types, especially in the middle of residential areas.

Thing is that in these areas there are often parked cars so not looking left means they don't see that vehicle that's overtaking said parked cars that's directly in their exit path....

I stumbled across an Instagram account today posting videos exactly like you describe, and it took me a moment to realise that it's a parody account (or at least I hope it is, or the guy is the most overrated dramatic driver on the planet :D)

Last edited:
No dashcam with parking mode?

To be fair I don’t have it enabled on my dashcam but things like this make you feel like it’s worth doing.

It’s absolutely gutting.

Sucks, some people have no respect or take care around other people's property :(

Drives me up the wall when I take care to park out the way in a reasonably empty supermarket and someone squeezes in next to me.

Back
Top Bottom