Your bad driving encounters

Soldato
Looked but nothing. They have a wing mirror but not the coloured casing. Saw a car the other day - SUV/people carrier. Car is blue but had a metallic mustard yellow wing mirror.

After tomorrow i have a week and a bit off so hopefully can get it fixed.

More of the plastic surrounding fell off. Had about 3/4 left on the day I had the damage. Now about a third. Heard a piece fall off when driving on a dual carriageway. Probably got dislodged more from the wind and rain we had past 7-10 days.
Wonder if you could get the wrong colour then paint it yourself (or go crazy and change both sides to contrasting colours).

Soldato
OP
It was like the blummin' wacky races on the road today, people not being able to clear traffic light controlled roundabouts still entering them, lane hoggers, general impatience. FML. I really dislike driving during rush hour.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was like the blummin' wacky races on the road today, people not being able to clear traffic light controlled roundabouts still entering them, lane hoggers, general impatience. FML. I really dislike driving during rush hour.
I honestly think roundabouts should be classed as box junctions and people fined for blocking them. It's just more entitlement imo, as long as they're fine, **** everybody else.

Soldato
I honestly think roundabouts should be classed as box junctions and people fined for blocking them. It's just more entitlement imo, as long as they're fine, **** everybody else.

It wouldn't matter, people only bother with box junctions if there are cameras on them.

Some roundabouts in my city have boxes on them but still get ignored.

Last edited:
Soldato
It wouldn't matter, people only bother with box junctions if there are cameras on them.

Some roundabouts in my city have boxes on them but still get ignored.

Yup :(

Got blocked the other day coming out of "Timberely Lane" trying to turn right here:

I was in the central area (with the right turn arrow), and some **** decided to sit his car right on the very obvious "KEEP CLEAR". Managed to make eye contact, pointed down at the road, and he just nodded and gave a sarcastic shrug, so obviously knew it was there, just didn't give a **** about anyone else :mad:.

There's a roundabout near me as well: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.5385896,-1.7268281,569m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

Note the yellow boxes on all the exits (granted, some of them could do with a fresh coat of paint), but when it's busy, people ignore them, the whole island gets gridlocked, and it can hold up traffic for literally hours (longest I've spent is 3 hours queueing...)

Soldato
I'm not even sure I know where to start with my recent M26, M25, A3, M27, M271 and M3 drive, but can round it up to:

Middle lane huggers
Last minute outside lane to slip drivers
County line runners doing insane speeds and then forcing others drivers out of the way
One really nice X6 M60i on a dual carriageway at below speed limit that refused to pull over for 6 miles and I didn't see him do so after I undertook
The 4 cars on the dual carriageway all in the outside lane that let everyone else undertake them, because they were all focused on making the driver in front move over
The indicator on and instantly pull out, like it's gods wand
The brain dead porta loo flatbed driver on the M3 that ignored the blues & two's ambulance trying to pass, even though the ambulance was making it very obvious to the driver
The stop in a live lane and try to force their way in almost at the end of the exit lane, because they are too important to join the long line of patiently waiting traffic that suffers the same problem every day

When you do runs like this, not that often, it starts to really show just how **** drivers have become.

Associate
I'm not even sure I know where to start with my recent M26, M25, A3, M27, M271 and M3 drive, but can round it up to:

Middle lane huggers
Last minute outside lane to slip drivers
County line runners doing insane speeds and then forcing others drivers out of the way
One really nice X6 M60i on a dual carriageway at below speed limit that refused to pull over for 6 miles and I didn't see him do so after I undertook
The 4 cars on the dual carriageway all in the outside lane that let everyone else undertake them, because they were all focused on making the driver in front move over
The indicator on and instantly pull out, like it's gods wand
The brain dead porta loo flatbed driver on the M3 that ignored the blues & two's ambulance trying to pass, even though the ambulance was making it very obvious to the driver
The stop in a live lane and try to force their way in almost at the end of the exit lane, because they are too important to join the long line of patiently waiting traffic that suffers the same problem every day

When you do runs like this, not that often, it starts to really show just how **** drivers have become.
Sounds like an absolutely normal drive,

Man of Honour
It is really frustrating around where I'm driving most regularly where there are a couple of places with stretches of dual-carriageway with varied speed limits and seemingly only a minority of people can just drive at normal speeds for the limits - so many cars will pass you doing 50-60 in the 30s and 40s, then you pass them in the NSL sections where they are still doing sub 70, then they'll come past you again in the lower speed areas, etc. etc. had one doing just under 60 near the end of a NSL section so I passed them then dropped my speed down appropriately for the coming 30 only for them to nearly go into the back of me signalling their displeasure, swerve around me and continue doing 50+ in the 30...

Soldato
It is really frustrating around where I'm driving most regularly where there are a couple of places with stretches of dual-carriageway with varied speed limits and seemingly only a minority of people can just drive at normal speeds for the limits - so many cars will pass you doing 50-60 in the 30s and 40s, then you pass them in the NSL sections where they are still doing sub 70, then they'll come past you again in the lower speed areas, etc. etc. had one doing just under 60 near the end of a NSL section so I passed them then dropped my speed down appropriately for the coming 30 only for them to nearly go into the back of me signalling their displeasure, swerve around me and continue doing 50+ in the 30...

See plenty of those that take hours to reach that 50mph limit and then continue at that speed through every other speed limited area.

Man of Honour
See plenty of those that take hours to reach that 50mph limit and then continue at that speed through every other speed limited area.

That is the other thing which annoys me - so often when you get onto the NSL section people take fooooorrrreeeveeer to get up to speed with often one person passing another with a 1-2MPH difference, both well under the speed limit, for the first mile or so holding up the people who just want to get going.

Last edited:
Soldato
That is the other thing which annoys me - so often when you get onto the NSL section people take fooooorrrreeeveeer to get up to speed with often one person passing another with a 1-2MPH difference, both well under the speed limit, for the first mile or so holding up the people who just want to get going.
I had similar this morning, 2 lanes into 1. 2 lanes at 40, but becomes 60 when single. Guy at the front decided to slow down to 30 and almost cause a crash. No idea what they were thinking (if anything), both lanes had quite a bit of traffic in too.

Associate
Met a clown on the roads the other day.
M25, driving 55mph in the fast lane, no cars in middle or left lane, refuses to move over.
Im in a queue of cars behind this idiot, they move over and go undertaking, I go to do the same and he starts indicating to finally move over.
I swing back into the fast lane and just crack on past him as he pulls into the middle lane, to sit there.

Anyway about a mile later in traffic, he's next to my car, window down, calling me every word under the sun and thrown his coffee all over my car.
Why? because he felt I passed him too closely... As in he moved to the middle lane and as I passed in the fast lane, he felt I was too close. He also then said I gave him a hand gesture, which is just comical.

So, I started laughing at this because it was funny and the guy was clearly unhappy with his own life. He goes on about how I could have killed him, leaving his wife and kids no daddy and all this nonsense.
To which he then starts shouting that to get out the car, I'll smash up your piece of **** (Jag XE against his 13 year old vauxhall van with a "made in briton" sticker on the back), I continued to laugh and said his life must be awful and you must not be too happy.

Well that kicked it off even further, he then tried to block my car by pulling in front, I pulled around. Told him not to do that again and to quit being a little child over and over again until he realised just how pathetic he was and sped off. I made sure to give him a real big wave as I flew past him 20 seconds later.

I dont care truthfully about him or whats happened, I can clean my car and he's clearly low IQ, unhappy with his cruddy life, job and car. What really concerns me and makes me laugh is his threats of violence to myself and my vehicle.
ooking at this guy, early to mid 50s, clearly builder type, overweight as hell, I doubt he can run 50m, but he wants to get out and start a fight with a lad half his age, unquestionably much fitter. I wont say anything about myself, but I can fight and am not scared to fight, I'm sensible enough not to fight though.

If I had got out my car, this would have been on the daily mail, who knows how it would end up, but I know I would end up in a better position than him. But regardless if you know you'd win the fight or the legal battle, its just not worth the embarrassment and crap that comes along with it.

Associate
Been a lurker for a while and now a member. I have controlled myself a lot to not post in this thread but I had enough today so just venting. My weekly commute to work is either via M56 > M60 > M602 or M6 > M62 > M602. A couple of experiences from today. The first three are within 5 miles on M56.

1) Fiat 500 trundling along at 65 in the 3rd lane. I orbit the car and while passing them in the 4th lane notice the guy peeking at his speedometer as I overtake. I pull into the 2nd lane as the first lane converts into an exit lane for J5. Complete a few overtakes on lane 2 but nope, the guy still sticks to the 3d lane.

2) Merc A180d. Always see these drivers to be badge snobs and worst at all road manners. Doing 65 in the 4th lane and slowing down further, probably looking into his phone. I drop my speed to 60 sensing he wants to move over. Nothing for 100 metres, so I undertake them finally which perhaps annoyed him. Speeds up doing 75 in the 4the lane where the 3rd lane was empty.

3) Audi A5 merges in from J3A. I have to speed up in a 50 zone to let the guy in on M56 as he was already tailgating closely to an Ambulance. As I begin my exit at the next junction towards M60 there is ample of room behind me to get on the exit lane. But nope, the guys decides to overtake me and slot in the small gap between my car and the one ahead. It was super annoying as I had to brake and allow this stupidity to end. Got my little satisfaction by blaring the horn for good once the situation was under control.

4) M62 had a stranded vehicle in Lane 1, where it was clearly mentioned on the sign boards. And then multiple warnings on the gantries telling the traffic to not be in Lane 1. Ford Fiesta guy comes flying past after the cameras are left behind doing 70 in a enforced 50 limit. Keeps swinging in and out of lane 1 and 2, perhaps to confirm if there is indeed any stranded vehicle. There was and he almost crashed into the Traffic Officers XC90 give or take 50-70 odd meters from the scene. I did flash my lights once before to signal his stupidity but I guess he may not have seen it as being preoccupied with going into closed lane 1 to undertake was top priority.

Rant over.

Soldato
It’s funny reading all these angry road rage drivers acting they they did nothing wrong. If you are engaging in road rage you ARE the bad driver. Just because the other driver does it, does not make you right.

Had two bad encounter today. A small Fiat 500 with L school logos was well over the middle line coming towards me. I had to brake hard and get well over to the kerb to avoid them hitting me. The only driver was clearly an instructor, on their mobile phone.

Another was a car doing 50 in a 70mph stretch of carriageway. Me and another car were doing about 65 and went around them but as I got level with them the woman driving gave me a dirty look and sped up to 73mph. I just kept alongside her because the other car that went around them pulled in front, so they had slow down with no room to overtake. We eventually came to a 60mph section and I slowed down and into the left. This woman flew past at well over 70 in a 60 zone.

It boggles the mind that people are tootling along at well below the speed limit, only to get annoyed because someone dared to overtake them. They are then suddenly happy to speed.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Another was a car doing 50 in a 70mph stretch of carriageway. Me and another car were doing about 65 and went around them but as I got level with them the woman driving gave me a dirty look and sped up to 73mph. I just kept alongside her because the other car that went around them pulled in front, so they had slow down with no room to overtake. We eventually came to a 60mph section and I slowed down and into the left. This woman flew past at well over 70 in a 60 zone.

People like this need losing their license - it doesn't seem like that big a thing but I've seen it cause far too many close calls and even accidents i.e. when a junction is coming up and it makes it hard to get into a good position.

Back
Top Bottom