Your iPod Touch Order & Shipping

Soldato
Hi guys,

Just thought I'll create this thread for everyone who've ordered an iPod Touch; please put the iPod Touch Size you've ordered on the Apple Online Store, the date you placed the order, if the iPod is personalised (engrave) and your order status...

I'm curious if anyone's iPod Touch has been dispatched from Apple as the American's have had their dispatched and some are even minutes away from their address now...

Here's Mine,

iPod Touch Size: 16GB
Order Placed: 18th Sept
Engraved?: Yes
Order Status: Not Yet Shipped...

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Walt Mosberg has review the iPod touch, and notes that Apple is "currently working on Remedying the screen issues"; his 2 review units were fine although battery life was a lot less than normal.

Also, according to MacRumors about 30% of iPod Touches sold were faulty, although that's probably a lot less considering those who bought a faulty one probably rushed on to forums to spread the word.

It's also worth noting that the problems have been a lot less prominant in the last few days, so the "bad batch" is probably gone now.

Those ordering this week will be HIGHLY unlucky if they get a faulty iTouch.

Soldato
OP
Apple has just changed my delivery est. from 1st/2nd Oct to 4th/5th Oct :(

What are they up to?
I mean, the "shipped by" date remains but delivery date changes, either they're snail posting it or the iPod needs to take the plane around the world twice before reaching my door...

/rant.

Associate
I had a play with one yesterday in the Apple store on regent street and they're amazing apart from i couldn't get on very well with the touch screen keyboard for WiFi, I really wanted the iPhone but now thinking twice about it

Soldato
One of my colleagues at work received his Touch, ordered from the online store of a large department store chain today.

I'm not in the office so haven't seen it yet but he's MMS'ed me a picture and says that its awsome :)

He didn't have a loaf of bread but the original had his staff id card to the left of the cropped image (obviously i can post that here).

Soldato
OP
Mine's set on prepared to ship so I cannot cancel... been prepared to ship for like forever! (I know, been 2 days) but it's the 28th! Even in China, it's been the 28th for over 8 hours now! :p

I want my Touch... *impatient little imp*

Soldato
Mines shipped as well via TNT but the estimated delivery date is the 6th :( I hope the delay is worth it and we all get week 38+ ipods. I would be really ticked off if I end up with a pre week 38 pod.

Soldato
OP
Been on "Prepared" for 3 days now... Today's the 28th, China's the 29th now... Shipped by the 28th?

*evils at Apple*

They have however changed their wording since I've placed the preorder tho, to Estimated Shipping... sneaky.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

According to MacRumors the new iPod Touch Firmware (also 1.1.1) apparently sorts the negative black issue :)

Back
Top Bottom