Your iPod Touch Order & Shipping

Soldato
28 Sep 2007 18:02 Suzhou Shipped From Originating Depot
27 Sep 2007 16:21 Suzhou Consignment Picked Up

Same my delivery date is now the 2nd too :). Btw for those who want to check what week their ipod is, go to your apple account and view order details then click print all invoices and a new window will pop up, it states the serial number.

1B738****** is mine so I have a week 38 :) which isnt as big a deal now as the screen issue has been fixed in the new firmware.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
16 gig, engraved, ordered September 8th.

Its been ready for shipment for days, I'm suprised it hasn't gone yet still.

As impatient as I am, think engraved iPods are taking longer... I'm still waiting for my "prepared" to be shipped!

EDIT!:

It's finally shipped... on the 29th and estimated delivery date? 9th :(

EDIT again:

It would appear I'll be getting a week38 one (from the serial num)
Quite a few people's been complaining about the new updates making the week38s "blocky" when playing vids... 1 issue down another to come... fun~

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine shipped the same time last night... though its gone from delivery on the 9th, to the 2nd... maybe not coming from China then?

How did you figure out the serial number of the one you are getting?

Soldato
Same my delivery date is now the 2nd too :). Btw for those who want to check what week their ipod is, go to your apple account and view order details then click print all invoices and a new window will pop up, it states the serial number.

1B738****** is mine so I have a week 38 :) which isnt as big a deal now as the screen issue has been fixed in the new firmware.

Soldato
By the looks of it yep, first one on here i think. Seems most of the people who had bad screens from week 37 back were from the 9C plant (yours is a week 39 so should be fine). My week 38 is from 1B so im hoping its a good one.

Soldato
OP
Mine shipped the same time last night... though its gone from delivery on the 9th, to the 2nd... maybe not coming from China then?

When did it change for you? Mine's still 9th :(

A week 39... shouldn't be any different to a week 38 but yours is definitely the lastest in terms of weeks...

EDIT!:

It's coming even later now... 11th apparently. TNT picked it up today from SuZhou, why so late?!
Reason I'm so annoyed is the Southampton Apple store has a few on sale and I could have grabbed it before my pre-ordered even arrives, weeks ahead! Argh!

Last edited:
Associate
I had an iPod touch I bought from the Regent Street Apple store on 18th Sept - they had a batch in on the day that they announced the iPhone.

Unfortunately for me I got a negative screen and although it was not THAT bad I knew I had a problem.

I then decided to get a US iPhone sent over and when I compared the screens it was terrible next to the iphone.

26092007105.jpg

iPhone is on the left!

So I took back the touch and not being able to exchange it (as they didn't have any others in stock last Thursday) I got a refund.

I re-ordered on the Apple site and my order shipped today and like some of you above me the delivery date changed from 9th to the 11th now.

I phoned TNT and they said it was unusual for it to take so long to a residential address and that maybe Apple was shipping it in bulk somewhere else first?

Eitherway now its been shipped and we have been charged we will just have to wait it out, personally I have an iphone to play with but I need the extra capacity of the iPod for my music!

Soldato
I had an iPod touch I bought from the Regent Street Apple store on 18th Sept - they had a batch in on the day that they announced the iPhone.

Unfortunately for me I got a negative screen and although it was not THAT bad I knew I had a problem.

I then decided to get a US iPhone sent over and when I compared the screens it was terrible next to the iphone.

26092007105.jpg

iPhone is on the left!

So I took back the touch and not being able to exchange it (as they didn't have any others in stock last Thursday) I got a refund.

I re-ordered on the Apple site and my order shipped today and like some of you above me the delivery date changed from 9th to the 11th now.

I phoned TNT and they said it was unusual for it to take so long to a residential address and that maybe Apple was shipping it in bulk somewhere else first?

Eitherway now its been shipped and we have been charged we will just have to wait it out, personally I have an iphone to play with but I need the extra capacity of the iPod for my music!

Its a result of the holiday in china atm which ends on thursday apparently.

Soldato
Mine is still saying delivery tommorow, but the TNT tracking makes me think otherwise:

Date Time Location Status
30 Sep 2007 16:07 Suzhou Shipped From Originating Depot
30 Sep 2007 09:00 Pudong International Airport Requested Pickup Time Too Late For Transit Connection
28 Sep 2007 18:46 Suzhou Consignment Picked Up
28 Sep 2007 18:45 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point

Soldato
Mine says tomorrow too but mines in the Netherlands

01 Oct 2007 14:53 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
27 Sep 2007 14:08 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point
27 Sep 2007 11:34 Suzhou Consignment Picked Up

Soldato
Mine says tomorrow too but mines in the Netherlands

01 Oct 2007 14:53 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
27 Sep 2007 14:08 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point
27 Sep 2007 11:34 Suzhou Consignment Picked Up

When I ordered a Powerbook a few years ago it was in Holland and then turned up the next day.

Associate
yes they are the same picture. It is a cover of Jay-Z's Black album and as you can see on the iPhone it is possible to make out the cover clearly and on the iPod it is not.

In reality you can actually see the cover on the touch BUT it is very hard to see and there is a clear problem with the screen compared to the iPhone.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Did you try flashing the iPod Touch to the new Firmware before testing?

Apparently it sorts the negative issue out! :o

Associate
Actually the consensus on the ipod forums are that the firmware tries to hide the problem by increasing the brightness and contrast, etc and does not fix it and could not fix it as it is a hardware problem.

I got a refund and ordered a new one from Apple - my order is currently waiting to leave China! but I don't mind waiting as the iphone I have keeps me happy BUT I do wonder why I won't get it till NEXT thursday when it was shipped today!

Back
Top Bottom