YouTube Premium

I used the Urban VPN Proxy Chrome extension only. Tried a few others but they didn't work very well or locked countries behind a premium pay wall.

Individual monthly plan will cost me £4.57 instead of the £1.30 I was paying in Turkey but still a lot cheaper than the UK prices. Not sure what the other plans cost.
Literally said in a few pages down that if Google only charged a fiver here in the UK then basically everyone would just cough up and pay premium, even to those who are using ad blocks now.

It's criminal that they charging Netflix prices for basically content creator content amataur stuff...

Yep, got the email as well and i reside in Argentina.

Im in two minds whether to cough up and pay £12.99 or just move house again !!

Really not sure what to do.

Last edited:
Yep, got the email as well and i reside in Argentina.

Im in two minds whether to cough up and pay £12.99 or just move house again !!

Really not sure what to do.

Rubbish. I also live in Argentina. My renewal went through a couple of days ago but I'm now expecting my eviction any day

I was in Argentina for a good couple of years but got the email yesterday. Now in Chile thanks to the poster earlier. Will see how long that lasts. I do watch a lot of YouTube tbf and don't have Netflix so I reckon when they kill all the VPN tricks i'll just sign up anyway but doesn't hurt living abroad for now :D

Last edited:
I've never had premium, but the adverts are overboard as of late so am feeling like my hand is going to be forced soon enough, I swear there has been an increase in recent months.

Example - 40 seconds ad, 1 minute of video and then another 30 second ad last night. We watch on the Xbox typically.

I've never had premium, but the adverts are overboard as of late so am feeling like my hand is going to be forced soon enough, I swear there has been an increase in recent months.

Example - 40 seconds ad, 1 minute of video and then another 30 second ad last night. We watch on the Xbox typically.
i hear ya.. it gets especially annoying when i see the ads you can skip, then upon pressing skip, another ad pops up which you have to wait for

Back
Top Bottom