• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 2 Owners Thread!

Soldato
I think the Wraith Prism is meant to be in 212 territory IIRC; not bad for a stock cooler!
Probably best to not bother with the Evo 212 unless you get something bigger.

Well I was thinking of taking the evo off and putting the wraith, but I've lost the mount screws for the stock amd mount :(, dunno if there is any point apart from RGB bling.

Associate
finally got hold of my 3600X/3600 RAM - all working peachy at 1800/geardown mode - you don't see much above 42.25 on multicore stuff; I wonder if that could be solved with upping the power limit? Will leave the hardcore tweaking for now!

some quick benches, dat memory latency:

https://imgur.com/a/Yn93Giz

Soldato
Well now I'm depressed. Turns out I can't even run XMP without causing all sorts of crackling issues with audio (regardless of which audio device I use). I've tried upping and lowering both the SOC voltage and PCH voltage but nothing helps. Simply enabling XMP screws up my audio.

I don't get how everyone else seems to be able to just reach 3600 MT/s without any issues and I can't even hit anything above 2400 MT/s.

Last edited:
Soldato
yikes - presumably it still happens if you set the timings manually?
Yes. If I reset CMOS everything is fine. If I enable XMP and do nothing else (so it goes to 3000), it looks fine. If I use the built-in 3200 profile, the audio breaks. If I manually set a 3200 profile, the audio breaks. If I try anything higher than 3200, it won't POST.

I've played with the SOC voltage and chipset voltage with apparent safe ranges, nothing helps.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Yes. If I reset CMOS everything is fine. If I enable XMP and do nothing else (so it goes to 3000), it looks fine. If I use the built-in 3200 profile, the audio breaks. If I manually set a 3200 profile, the audio breaks. If I try anything higher than 3200, it won't POST.

I've played with the SOC voltage and chipset voltage with apparent safe ranges, nothing helps.

Mine does the same if I enable XMP at its default settings (Samsung B-die 3200 cl16 kit) on X370 Taichi. Sound crackles, and if I try a youtube video or something that plays audio for a while, then it will blue screen.

If I drop it down to 3000Mhz in bios the crackling audio stops (this is all with a 3700X)

Soldato
Mine does the same if I enable XMP at its default settings (Samsung B-die 3200 cl16 kit) on X370 Taichi. Sound crackles, and if I try a youtube video or something that plays audio for a while, then it will blue screen.

If I drop it down to 3000Mhz in bios the crackling audio stops (this is all with a 3700X)
Interesting, so you haven't found a solution other than sticking at 3000 MT/s either? It must be an issue with ASRock's BIOS (X370/X470 at least) then.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Interesting, so you haven't found a solution other than sticking at 3000 MT/s either? It must be an issue with ASRock's BIOS (X370/X470 at least) then.

Is yours on Asrock too then? If so it could be. I noticed that they are only using AGESA 1.0.0.1 on their B350/X370 bios, as opposed to other manufacturers like asus who seem to be using 1.0.0.2, so possibly.

It's definitely not the memory as the exact same setup was working at its rated XMP on the 1600x that was in the board before

Soldato
Is yours on Asrock too then? If so it could be. I noticed that they are only using AGESA 1.0.0.1 on their B350/X370 bios, as opposed to other manufacturers like asus who seem to be using 1.0.0.2, so possibly.

It's definitely not the memory as the exact same setup was working at its rated XMP on the 1600x that was in the board before
Yeah X470 Taichi Ultimate. I guess we'll just have to wait for a BIOS update. >_>

Back
Top Bottom