Zombicide!

Associate
This is the first Kickstarter i've done but starting to feel a bit miffed over the amount of 'part set' stretch goals, then releasing optional buys for the full set. Leaving you with either half or 1 and a half sets...

Associate
It's my first KS too and I have seen similar comments on the website but I must admit I fall into the 'not that bothered camp', purely because the basic deal is such great value and any extras are just bonuses I will find use for somewhere.

I can't go beyond my budget and it is going to be a while before I can buy any retail stuff beyond the basic game I have at the moment. I may have missed my moment at getting the first three Guest Boxes due to money constraints, so I am happy to take things as they come (so to speak).

Soldato
Anyone got a good source for extra missions beyond the Guillotine Games site? Loads of missions but very few with Toxic City Mall in :(

I'll make you one :D

I hope it all makes sense.

psy-tcm-01.png

Campaign Mission: 01 - Safe Haven

Tiles: 1B, 5B, 7B, 4M, 1M, 2C, 6M, 2M, 4C
Box sets: S1, TCM
Players: 1-6
Card Decks: S1, TCM
Starting Equipment: Each player will start with 1 melee weapon, remove all the melee weapon cards from the deck including the pans at the start and shuffle them up, deal 1 card to each player. Phil can start with Pistol as usual. Then return the remaining cards to the deck and shuffle.

Introduction:

We've been shacked up in this safe house for quite some time now, 200 days have passed without any sightings of zombies, we have been able to slip in and out of the mall undetected to grab food supplies as and when we've needed them. Things had started to feel normal again...

It was the middle of the night when it happened, we heard a huge bang which shook the walls of our hideout. It must have been close.

We climbed on to the roof of our safe house where we could see the mall, we often used this as a vantage point to scout before doing supply runs.

We could see thick green smoke coming from the far corner of the mall and the smell of raw sewage polluted the air.

We knew this could only be bad news and we would need to gather as many supplies as we could to prepare for what was to come.

Special Rules:

• The mall entrance is wide open.
  • Red spawns draw cards from the S1 deck.
  • Green spawn draw cards from the TCM deck.
  • Both cars can be driven - usual rules apply for searching and driving vehicles.
  • You can choose the syphon gasoline out of the cars, pick up 1 gasoline card for each car you choose to syphon (bottles are still required to make molotovs). This will render the cars useless.
  • If a player dies, their cards remain on their body and can be retrieved costing 1AP per pick up.

Objectives:
  • Red token - You must search this room for bottled water and canned food.
  • Blue token (optional) - see if you can find a chainsaw in the hardware store
  • Green token - this is the pharmacy, picking up this token will remove 1 wounded card from each person in the room.
  • Green Door - this is the back door to the pharmacy which is alarmed, opening this door will trigger the pharmacy alarm system and will add 3 noise tokens inside the pharmacy for the rest of the game. Draw Zombie cards to the bottom two spawns only.
  • The mission is completed once the remaining survivors are back to the safe house. With the canned food and bottled water.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I finally got around to backing the S3 kickstarter today, and I'll be getting the 4 additional exclusive survivors as well. The non-kickstarter stuff I'll leave for now, and maybe pick up in the future.

Soldato
Highly tempted to buy this now after playing a game at the weekend.... Any recommendations on whether to get the original or the Prison Outbreak version?

I'm leaning towards the latter as it has the extra sets of zombies / zombivors for a more in depth game should I want to. Plus I have a friend who I see a few times a year with the original and we could get a huge game across both boards going!

Associate
I pledged $235 in the end, but I'm tempted to sink $295 total to get all the optional exclusive survivors, a pack of zombie dogz, dog companions and the compendium book. I think at that stage it probably doesn't represent amazing value though!

Soldato
OP
I ended up sticking with the $150 pledge, but was sorley tempted to get the whole bunch! The thing that put me off in the end, other than the poor value, was the time it would take to paint the extra survivors. Each one takes away hours of my life to paint and there's already 100s needing painting!

Associate
My pledge came in at $480... but I have backed all three Zombicide KS now and have every survivor they've made available.

Also managed to pick up the two Gaming Night kits recently, so have the exclusive minis to add to the collection from those (technically 6 of each...)

Back
Top Bottom