Zzoomm Fibre Discussion Thread.

You don’t really need cat7 to exceed 1 Gbps, sounds like you had dodgy or old cables before. I’m doing 10 Gbps over cat5e.

You don’t really need cat7 to exceed 1 Gbps, sounds like you had dodgy or old cables before. I’m doing 10 Gbps over cat5e.
No the older cables were like erm 4 months old. it was just the switch for some reason just didn't like them, they worked and still do work at 1gb nps.

I got cat 7 just because why not they was around the same price of cat 6 and why on earth would anyone buy cat 5e nowadays.

I Just did a test and downloaded a game from steam(22.5gb) it was downloading at 230.4mbs.

I also went to battle net and downloaded world of warcraft it was 80 something odd gb that was downloading at 255.6mbs.
Nice to watch

So do you mean it's maxing out the line at 230 Megabytes/sec or only using 1/10th capacity at 230 Megabits/sec?

Last edited:
Good Lord. Just downloading a game from PlayStation Network tonight and it’s maxing out the connection at 100Mbytes/sec. That’s some good going. Shame PS5 doesn’t have a 2.5G Ethernet port. :p

To be fair. There is no way we would in our house fully max out our connection its just good knowing we can all do what we want without one person downloading and affecting others. also, we have got quite a few smart home devices phones tablets ect also.

Oh so Sony finally fixed their servers then, I remember the PS4 speed test used to tell me I had a 15Mbps connection.

PSN and Steam seem to be the only two game services I can max out my 1Gbps connection on. Download speeds for PC Game Pass games from MS servers are all over the place and rarely hit more than 50MB/sec at peak.

So I think I can say with certainty that the general internet usage experience from Zzoomm is a bit crap. Definitely huge amounts of contention at times on the network. But I really, REALLY love having 900Mbps upload speed. It helps immensely with iCloud stuff. Shame that BT Openreach don't do anything like that.

So I think I can say with certainty that the general internet usage experience from Zzoomm is a bit ****. Definitely huge amounts of contention at times on the network. But I really, REALLY love having 900Mbps upload speed. It helps immensely with iCloud stuff. Shame that BT Openreach don't do anything like that.
I have not experienced anything like that yet. Mine has been fine.

I have not experienced anything like that yet. Mine has been fine.

I’m wondering if it’s just my PC then. :D it does seem to be acting up a bit lately. Streaming to the Apple TV is flawless. But then other things like connecting to the Ring camera takes an age to connect which it never used to.

Last edited:
I’m wondering if it’s just my PC then. :D it does seem to be acting up a bit lately. Streaming to the Apple TV is flawless. But then other things like connecting to the Ring camera takes an age to connect which it never used to.
Connecting to a Ring camera is wireless, not the ISP? Unless you mean watching the videos stored in their cloud?

Back
Top Bottom