Zzoomm Fibre Discussion Thread.

Zzoomm has recently been installing their network in our area. The Zzoomm CBTs are now mounted on the posts outside.

I'm curious, how long did it take for you to be able to place an order?

Can't quite recall, I think it was only a week since I spotted the van on our road that I could do the order. Then it was something like a three week wait for install but they got in touch and did it in three days.

BT is introducing a new VOIP product called 'Digital Voice' for people on BT's FTTP.

Just wondering why they can't role this out to the whole country, and make it available to anyone on any network, for both FTTC and FTTP types of connections?

Link:

Last edited:
Cheap VOIP service from Andrews & Arnold here:

Supports transferring an existing landline number.

Just £1.44 p/m + call charges.

The company is quite well regarded and have been around for many years.

Has anyone used this provider for VOIP?

The VOIP handsets they are offering are a tad expensive at £120.

Last edited:
To the current Zzoomm users: I'm aware that Zzoomm offers a static IP for £9.95 a month, but could you confirm if there's also a provision for dynamic IP addresses or if they utilize CG NAT for public IPs?

I would guess that without paying for the static IP then you get a CGNAT IP - since each subscriber would need an IPv4 address if CGNAT wasn't being used, and broadband routers are left on 24x7, the company wouldn't be saving any money by opting for dynamic IP addresses over static ones. £10 is on the steeper end though.

I would guess that without paying for the static IP then you get a CGNAT IP - since each subscriber would need an IPv4 address if CGNAT wasn't being used, and broadband routers are left on 24x7, the company wouldn't be saving any money by opting for dynamic IP addresses over static ones. £10 is on the steeper end though.
Yeah, I think that might be the case.

We will see what the IP situation is soon. Installation is booked for the 14th of September. I'm currently with Aquiss FTTP, which has been great. However, the cheaper monthly fee for the 1000/1000 package is nice. Working remotely and uploading large datasets will be better with the improved upload speed. Moreover, it's currently only a 12-month contract, so I can always move back if it's not great.

When I signed up with zzoomm, I spoke to one of their sales people and he gave me a static IP for £5 per month as I signed up for their 1000/1000 package.

and yes it's very nice being able to upload/download to/from our servers at LAN speeds.

R.

Hey guys

Finally found a decent thread talking about zzoomm installations to properties.
I live in Cannock, staffs and live a a three floor flat and have been waiting almost a year for my building to go live.
I've contacted Zzoomm over the year I've been waiting and they just keep fobbing me off with "We are sorry for the wait, and we will contact you as soon as your building goes live".

I spoke to one of the guys that drive around in the pink vans as he was doing some work on one of the covers on the path very close to my property.
I asked if he knew when this build was going live on the network, and he said that all the connections outside where I live are active and didn't really no why my building isn't ready for installation.

Its really P***ing me off now as i'm in an out-of-contract broadband deal with BT and paying almost 90 quid a month for a crappy 35/10Mb connection including line rental.

SO TL;DR
Has anybody had a Zzoomm installation to a flat...?

Thanks guys
D

Is your flat a converted house where you collectively own the freehold, or is there a management company and wayleave agreements involved? It's possible that Zzoomm have no idea who they need to get permission from to do the installation.

Hey guys

Finally found a decent thread talking about zzoomm installations to properties.
I live in Cannock, staffs and live a a three floor flat and have been waiting almost a year for my building to go live.
I've contacted Zzoomm over the year I've been waiting and they just keep fobbing me off with "We are sorry for the wait, and we will contact you as soon as your building goes live".

I spoke to one of the guys that drive around in the pink vans as he was doing some work on one of the covers on the path very close to my property.
I asked if he knew when this build was going live on the network, and he said that all the connections outside where I live are active and didn't really no why my building isn't ready for installation.

Its really P***ing me off now as i'm in an out-of-contract broadband deal with BT and paying almost 90 quid a month for a crappy 35/10Mb connection including line rental.

SO TL;DR
Has anybody had a Zzoomm installation to a flat...?

Thanks guys
D

Wierdly.. I also live in Cannock in a three floor flat possibly not the same one as i'm live with Zzoomm now..

About 3 days after they first layed the cables outside, they fitted a fibre connection box into the comms cupboards, and then boxes outside everyone's individual flats in the entire block.. like this one..
20230825_144227_s.jpg

I asked the guys who fitted them and they said they had the block owners permission to fit them, before they were allowed into the block.

As soon as the boxes were fitted i placed an order with Zzoomm.

I'm on the ground floor, but unsure how that would make a difference. I did have an issue with my install, when they originally came to do it, the cables into the block weren't working correctly, so they left without getting me connected, and it was a good 8 weeks before they came to fix the issue and eventually get me connected. ( I got a good discount because of the wait!).

Not sure if any of the above helps.

TL;DR yes i have Zzoomm fitted in my flat.

Last edited:
@Caged Yes that's highly possible, there are a few flats that are identical to mine on the road where I live and a cluster of them a few roads away and all of them don't have zzoomm fitted as I've used the postcode check thing on the zzoomm website and it always says the same thing "We are building in your area, blah blah blah..."

@SimonRigga This is great news! I was starting to think that zzoomm didn't install to flats, as nothing round here qualifies for a installation yet.
Without been too precise, where about in Cannock do you live, I'm Heath Hayes and every house here has a connection or can request installation, but NONE of the flats can :(

I need to call them again soon and try and see if I can speed it up a a bit. Do you know who else I could try and contact?
Any more info you could share, or anybody else with a Zzoomm connection to your flat, I would be interested in hearing about your story.

Thanks again
D.

@SimonRigga This is great news! I was starting to think that zzoomm didn't install to flats, as nothing round here qualifies for a installation yet.
Without been too precise, where about in Cannock do you live, I'm Heath Hayes and every house here has a connection or can request installation, but NONE of the flats can :(

I need to call them again soon and try and see if I can speed it up a a bit. Do you know who else I could try and contact?
Any more info you could share, or anybody else with a Zzoomm connection to your flat, I would be interested in hearing about your story.

Thanks again
D.

I'm central cannock, literaly a 5 mins walk into the town centre. I don't have any contacts really, I called customer support loads after I had my failed install, and most were about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. However the couple of technical people i've spoken to have been really good, which is encouraging.

I'm on their 1gig up/down, and it's consistently that or better, so I can't complain now it's all setup.

Also the router they supply is as good as my old Asus router in terms of wifi etc.. although it doesn't have all the other options I need.

I did briefly use the Asus router, but because it doesn't have any 2.5gig ethernet ports, I wasn't getting anywhere near 1gbps speeds to my main wired computer, now i'm using their router the speeds are spot on.

Anything else I can help with.. just ask away.
R.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm gonna contact Zzoomm again and try and get to the bottom of why its taking so long, I might also fire an email over to Pennycuick Collins who are in charge of build maintenance here, and ask if they have been approached by zzoomm for an installation request.

Something is slowing this down, and I really can't wait another year. My wife and I will have to go back into contract with BT cos this 90 quid a month is killing us.

Thanks
D.

I have sent out a lengthy email to one of the sales reps (Bryan) at Zzoomm. I'm just waiting on a reply.
Hope you don't mind @SimonRigga but I have quoted some of your experiences with your installation directly.

I am just waiting on a reply, I will post back here, when I know more.

D.

Zzoomm say they estimate to have FTTP rolled out to my street in Q4 2023, so it's been delayed.

I think they are working out the route to get fibre to my street, but from what I can tell, they appear to be using the existing fibre cable that goes to the existing FTTC cabinet at the bottom of my street. Unless they are just using the same ducts, with newly laid cable?

I guess it's possible it could be delayed again until 2024...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom