Apple vs Samsung, court orders Samsung to show Apple 5 new phones

Caporegime
But the thing is, there have been mobiles out before the iphone that looked just like it (maybe not like the GS and iphone similarity but essentially the menu system, design etc. have been similar to previous ones), have there not?

I CBA researching :p

Caporegime
A tablet is a tablet, what shape are Samsung supposed to make it, pentagonal? Apple are so disreputable, even the UI layout that Apple use is a standard layout format ubiquitous across computing.

Caporegime
God! if they do ban the GS line in EU (can't see it happening though), imagine what the prices of apples iphones will rise to then :eek: :p

Probably the same price they are at the moment... High end smartphone price...

The SG has has a terrible habit of copying the iPhone design and Samsung need to realise it's wrong to do so (hopefully they can then come out with more decent designs such as the Omnia 7).

It's a different case to the Pad which doesn't look identical.

Even if they do win I cant see this being a good thing for Apple. If they do win then no competition no ideas to steal, and the market for tablets would basically be destroyed. Not everyone can afford to or will buy an Apple.

And It'll show up the patent system, put it under a lot of scrutiny.

Yet most tablets released are the same price...

Man of Honour
OP
Another interesting turn of events in this case as Samsung has countered by referencing an American law where if an idea existed before a patent for that idea was filed then the patent becomes void.

What did Samsung cite in this update?

2001: A Space Odyssey!!

http://gizmodo.com/5833586/samsung-...t-apple-in-greatest-legal-defense-of-all-time

If the court understands this fully then I think it will turn in Samsung's favour and Apple will be in some bother.

Man of Honour
OP
I think they did it because

1: 2001 is the earliest instance that we can see the 'idea' of a portable tablet PC has been shown.
2: Fight fire with fire. If Apple can claim Samsung is copying their ridiculously vague and open to interpretation design then Samsung may as well show that such a design (or the idea) existed 50 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom