Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
If anyone wants the VESA bracket for their Hazro I'll post you mine. It cost me nothing to get so won't charge for it, I only ask anyone wanting it to cover postage & packing costs as it is fairly heavy so will cost a couple quid top :)

Hi Mrk

Don't suppose you still have this bracket available do you? if not where can I get one?

Thanks
Eric

Man of Honour
I still have it yep but after being notified by Ergotron that a new arm is coming out soon that supports the screen weight I decided to keep the bracket!

You can get the bracket from Hazro direct btw.

Associate
I am getting yellowey/green bands across the screen a lot of the time. It is about 2 or 3 pixels deep and stretches across the entire width of screen. Seems to flicker or stay constant for a few seconds. I am also getting a blue version of this when looking at a black background. Is this the snow that everyone talks about?

This really could be such a good screen but there are so many problems with it.

Associate
I still have it yep but after being notified by Ergotron that a new arm is coming out soon that supports the screen weight I decided to keep the bracket!

You can get the bracket from Hazro direct btw.

Hi Mrk

Thanks for the reply. Do you need to send Hazro an email to get the bracket? How much do they cost?

Thanks
Eric

Associate
When they do bring out new models/versions, would people be able to swap out their older displays for a new one, with a minimal payment on top? I don't know where I read it from but some manufacturers have this policy. Actually I remember now, it's graphics cards that you can exchange. I wonder if screens apply.

sid

sid

Soldato
URGENT guys

The power brick for my 24" screen just died FFS/

This is getting ridiculous. Can someone give me their telephone number please?

sid

edit/ I've emailed them with their webform. I don't suppose they reply quickly. I'm so agitated about this.

sid

Last edited:
Associate
OP
edit/ I've emailed them with their webform. I don't suppose they reply quickly. I'm so agitated about this.

sid

Same thing happened to me last week.

Contacted them afternoon of 20th Oct, reply on 21st saying they were sending a replacement by next day courier. Arrived by 9.30am on 22nd.

Very quick in my book, no complaints!

sid

sid

Soldato
Same thing happened to me last week.

Contacted them afternoon of 20th Oct, reply on 21st saying they were sending a replacement by next day courier. Arrived by 9.30am on 22nd.

Very quick in my book, no complaints!

hmm ok,

I've not sent them my address yet but I will keep this thread updated on what happens. Not a happy bunny!

If the light on the power brick isn't showing up then its defo a power brick problem yeah?

No chance that the screen is damaged as well?

sid

Associate
OP
If the light on the power brick isn't showing up then its defo a power brick problem yeah?

It could also in theory be the plug socket, plug (blown fuse) or kettle lead, but def. not the monitor itself. Try a different kettle lead in a different plug socket just verify it, but several people have had power brick failures reading back on the thread so it's prolly that.

Anyway, here's the details you would need to supply to Hazro (from their e-mail to me):
In order for Hazro to initiate an RMA, kindly provide the following information:

- Name
- Contact number [both land line and mobile]
- Full monitor serial number
- Address
- Purchased from
- Model number
- Purchase date

The above information should be sent to:

'[email protected]'

sid

sid

Soldato
It could also in theory be the plug socket, plug (blown fuse) or kettle lead, but def. not the monitor itself. Try a different kettle lead in a different plug socket just verify it, but several people have had power brick failures reading back on the thread so it's prolly that.

Anyway, here's the details you would need to supply to Hazro (from their e-mail to me):

Thanks a lot for that info.

i've already tested another kettle lead and the current kettle lead on another screen. Theres nothing wrong with that.

I haven't provided all that information, so should I email them again?

sid

Associate
Thanks a lot for that info.

i've already tested another kettle lead and the current kettle lead on another screen. Theres nothing wrong with that.

I haven't provided all that information, so should I email them again?

sid

Leaving a contact number and obviously a polite description of the problem, is all that's needed, they will get in contact very quickly and arrange a resolve.

sid

sid

Soldato
Leaving a contact number and obviously a polite description of the problem, is all that's needed, they will get in contact very quickly and arrange a resolve.

Ok done.

I hope this is sorted out in 3 days at most because I seriously need that screen up and running.

sid

sid

sid

Soldato
I will be posting my daily experience here so I can judge the customer service.

So far, I've sent an email with the webbased system but haven't included all the details.

Hence, I've sent an email to [email protected] with the information tagsuk asked me to add.

I've called OCUK who gave me a number for hazro, I called that number only to be told that it was the wrong dept. and I should email them with web-based system. He also said I should get a reply back the same day (saturday) but that didn't happen. Although I hadn't included all the information.

Hazro really need to impress here as their market is small and CS is going to be an important factor for all users of expensive screens.

sid

sid

sid

Soldato
Aha,

Hazro didn't call me or anything but I've had an email saying they've dispatched a new power adapter.

They want the old one back? Does anyone know how long I have to send it back because I'm busy and the damn thing is heavy.

Regards
sid

Soldato
Just to inform everyone that I emailed Hazro last Thursday due to my monitor developing a problem where power flickers on and off every second and after a few days of correspondence they are picking up my monitor tomorrow, and have said that I should have it back in under 48Hrs!
I’m very impressed so far, especially at the personal phone call today to ensure that the arrangements were satisfactory.

Will keep all updated as to how this pans out and how the new firmware looks.

On a side note is anyone on here aware if I should be marking anything on the box today or will the courier do it tomorrow?

Thanks in advance :)

Associate
After months of research into these H-IPS screens, I'm still very tied between the HZ24Wi and HP's LP2475w - both of which are around the same price. Here's how it pans out for me (sorry for the messy layout):

--------------------- HAZRO HZ24Wi 24”--------------- HP LP2475w 24”

Input Lag ------------32ms* (avg.)------------------ 25ms (avg)
Response Time -------5ms GtG ----------------------5ms GtG
Viewing Angle --------178/178----------------------- 178/178
Colour Gamut ---------Standard (72% NTSC)----- Wide (92% NTSC)
Contrast Ratio --------700:1 --------------------------1000:1
Brightness ------------400 cd/m2---------------------- 400 cd/m2

Rotate (Portrait/Landscape) ---NO---------------------YES
Height Adjust ----------------YES --------------------YES
Swivel/Tilt -------------------YES-------------------- YES
Screen Coating ---------------Glossy----------------- Matte

Polarizer---------------------YES------------------------NO
A-TW Polarizer --------------NO-------------------------NO
Scaling:
Full Screen ------------------YES------------------------YES
Aspect Ratio -----------------YES-----------------------YES
1:1 Pixel Matching -----------YES----------------------- YES
PiP & PoP --------------------YES -----------------------YES

Inputs:
DisplayPort----------------- NO -------------------YES
HDMI (HDCP) --------------YES -------------------YES
DVI (HDCP) ----------------YES--------------------YES (x2)
VGA -----------------------YES -------------------NO
Component -----------------YES-------------------YES
Composite ------------------YES ------------------YES
S-Video ---------------------NO ------------------YES
Phono In/Out ---------------YES -------------------NO
USB Hub --------------------NO -------------------YES

*Original, not Wi version.

I'll admit outright: I want the Hazro. Problem is, I'm scared of the reports of green snow/banding. Meanwhile, the HP is an immaculately designed screen, with a clear attention to QA - yet I'm unsure of whether I'll appreciate the wide gamut. I'm mainly aiming to use it with my PS3 and 360, but of course ICC profiles wont help the poor default calibration on those inputs. I'll need to tweak it via the OSD, and that could take time.

Previously, I've owned a Hyundai W240D-PVA, but the inverse ghosting broke the deal for me. It was almost as bad as the Dell 2407, and certainly unacceptable for gaming. I dont want to go through the hassle of sending another monitor back if I can help it.

So, I have 4 questions to ask of any who'd be kind enough to help:

1. Does anyone have a Hazro 24Wi without the aforementioned green snow issues? In other words: could I get lucky?

2. Nobody has mentioned the input lag for the updated 24Wi model (and I've read all 72 pages of this forums so far, and every review I can find). The original version has around 32ms, according to TFT central's review. Has this update brought it up to par with the 7ms input lag of the 26Wi and 30Wi models?

3. How's the sound throughput on the 24Wi model? Does it add any extra gain to the speaker output? This was a problem with the Hyundai W240D; certain sounds began to distort, and changing the volume didnt help.

4. (To the OCUK mods): Is there by any chance a price-cut on it's way?

Thanks for hearing me out. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom