Hazro - Any Update?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The HP weighs less than the Hazro so yes it does fit it, it fits any screen with VESA abilities.

There is a new Ergotron coming soon that works with the Hazro weight this XMAS which I'm gonna be getting.

Associate
Just thought I would report my latest findings, after playing Fable 2 on the Xbox 360 through this monitor, I found that the green snow effect was clearly visible once the 360 had gone into screensaver mode. It wasn't showing in any games or pause menus until today, now it's visible on Fable 2 however only if you look closely, if you're sat the recommended 1m+ away, you can't see it at all. Is this normal and does anyone NOT have this issue ?

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting an x360, would i be better to keep my old hazro with no hdmi (or green snow) or try and get it swapped over for a new one with hdmi?

I have no idea what the x360 component signal looks like compared to hdmi.

Associate
the HZ30W are not in stock from OCUK and Hazro have confirmed that they will be available before Xmas...we're just waiting to get hold of 3 or 4 units...I know there has been no banding/snow/firmware issues with the 30s so all is good there...really nice screens [if you can get over the size]...I've been told that they use the same panels as the 30" ACD - can anyone confirm? Also, Hazro mentioned an updated 102% NTSC gamut panel arriving in November rather than a 92% - anybody know what that means? And they did say it was a S-IPS...so me thinks its a better monitor??

Associate
I probably would have bought one of the HZ30W, but since it hasn`t been updated with a HDMI port, and etc, like the other Hazro screens, its a no go for me i'm afraid.

Soldato
I probably would have bought one of the HZ30W, but since it hasn`t been updated with a HDMI port, and etc, like the other Hazro screens, its a no go for me i'm afraid.

I'm glad it doesn't have an HDMI port, that means it has no internal scaler and hence exceedingly low input lag. Look at the Dell 3008, amazing array of inputs, but the scaler required to support them creates a ridiculous amount of lag.

The HZ30 is meant for one thing, and one thing only: to be plugged into a computer, I'd rather that over a jack-of-all-trades gaming/media/computer panel. Hopefully that won't have changed when I trade up to a 30" (would love to get another Hazro after the amazing quality of the non i revision 24" I had).

Associate
Quick update on my monitor issue - where I sent it off to have the serious uniformity issues looked at (and hopefully fixed), a problem that only appeared after they applied the 2.1 firmware to the screen (it was fine with 1.0 installed).

Despite receiving a call last Wednesday and having it picked up impressively fast that same afternoon, it was still with them on Friday (originally I was told I may have it back by then, but wasn't really bothered) and I was told that it would be returned to me on Monday or Tuesday of this week (27/28th October).

It's Thursday now and I haven't heard a thing since last Friday. I've sent them a couple of web notes (one on Monday, the other yesterday), but am still awaiting a reply. Has anyone else been in contact with them recently? I'm not trying to sound impatient, but the frustration of not having my monitor for over a week is only exacerbated by not knowing anything about where it is or what's happening. The worse part is being unable to contact them by anything other than web note (where there's no guarantee of a response!). Grrrrr.

On a different note, did any of the other users with uniformity issues (where one side of the screen is much duller than the other) get anywhere with Hazro support?

Last edited:
Soldato
And I would hope you don't buy a monitor to gaze longingly at its stand! (although, I do miss how damn good the Hazro looked).

Certainly not, but when paying that much for a cream of the crop 24" (Discarding Eizos and the like), I like to take everything into consideration. I made allowances for my 24" PVA Yuraku because it was 200 notes, but for twice the price i'de like aesthetics to be pretty well up there!

I'l have to have a ganders at both in the flesh first i think. Still don't want to order one of these Hazros with all the issues being reported.

Associate
I'm glad it doesn't have an HDMI port, that means it has no internal scaler and hence exceedingly low input lag. Look at the Dell 3008, amazing array of inputs, but the scaler required to support them creates a ridiculous amount of lag.

The HZ30 is meant for one thing, and one thing only: to be plugged into a computer, I'd rather that over a jack-of-all-trades gaming/media/computer panel. Hopefully that won't have changed when I trade up to a 30" (would love to get another Hazro after the amazing quality of the non i revision 24" I had).

phil does that mean you give it your recomendation for a great gaming monitor?
even tho its £350 more than the 26" and they are both wide-gumet with same latency?

only ask as these are on my list of panels tho it getting shorter:p daily

Associate
Will give them a few more days then contact OCUK about it. Something seriously dodgy about this; if there was some sort of problem or delay with returning my screen, you'd at least think they'd ask me to have patience whilst they fixed it.

Associate
you would think if they had a delay or were finally on to a cure for fixing the panel issues theyd ask ocuk to place a sticky on the forum asking people to be a little patient or something like that just to let you know they havent gone under or burnt to the ground without telling anyone:(

then again they could have run away with all the money they took from you and living the life of paradise drinking rum cocktails on a carribean beach somewhere:D

lucky GittS :(:(:(

Associate
Well, I'm starting to wonder if they're still trading. They've had issues with with recalls and such, and they're not a massive company so given the current economic climate I wouldn't be suprised if they're not around anymore. Hope I'm wrong though.

Associate
I am from Holland and ordered two Hazro 24wi displays last week. I got them last thursday and have connected one so far. Looks awesome. But i still have to fix my setup to connect both.

The first things i noticed.

-Light horizontal banding is visible only when the screen is completely black. Other than that it is not visible.
-Screen doesn't switch or search for inputs. You have to set it at an input. Analog,
digital, etc.
- no dead pixels.
- Build quality is A+. I like the black aluminum.

I got web reply from hazro at 10/27/2008 . Cause i mailed them about the VESA bracket.

Shipping from overclockers.co.uk took 1 week.

More experiences about my screens later :)

Soldato
I didnt realise they were an Indian company, I guess thats possible. Hope thats all it is

They're a british subsidiary of a Korean company, but I think quite a few of their employees could very well be either Indian or Pakistani as I've met three of them now, so Diwali could be the reason.

Nice bunch of guys, very knowledgable and friendly, so I'd be surprised if you don't hear back soon.

Associate
Overnight, I've had a response from Hazro customer support.

I think I was a bit twitchy after reading on here about how good their CS was, but then not having a reply from them for over a week.

Back
Top Bottom