Technically and conceptually flawed

Everybody's Golf; 8/10
A hole in one

Touch My Katamari; 6/10
Still a rollin good time

Ridge Racer; 5/10
Barely makes it one lap

Soldato
I'm looking forward to Gravity Rush or Gravity Days depending on the region you buy it. I guess it's not a launch title due to translation.

yea same here mate! i think gravity daze is getting good reviews in jp, cant wait for our version as it looks really unique! such a shame we cant have this at launch!

im personally going for wifi with 16gb card, uncharted or wipeout and then super star dust as soon as i get the vita on to psn :D

Soldato
OP
Yeah, tempted to ditch my GAME preorder. Foolishly put down 25 deposit in store, might just take the loss on that and order on Amazon.

You don't get the cash back, but they'll give you £25 store credit. So it's not totally gone.

Am I the only one who's too scared to order due to better deals coming out on a daily basis?

Also who's more likely to deliver on the 22nd Play or Amazon?

The deals have more or less settled down. It's now just Amazon and Play fighting over a few quid a day. Amazon have matched them every time so far and I think beaten them today by £3 on each SKU.

I've stuck with Amazon solely because I think they are more likely to get it to me on the day. It's not anything specific that makes me think that, just something in my waters. I think Play are usually pretty good with release date delivery of stuff. I've had stuff the day before from them before now.
Does anyone know how the Vita will do as a media player? (if at all??)

I'm looking at a small tablet-style media viewer to just watch streaming avi's etc from my NAS!

Probably the best part of £300 for a tablet so I was wondering how the Vita works as a media player?

Thanks.... (and sorry if its a stupid question)

Check out the manual in the FAQ. It'll say in there what video formats it supports. I imagine AVIs will be fine. Like so many other device it won't play MKV though. Hopefully an app gets added via PS Suite to fix that but who knows.

[ZiiP]carrot;21258004 said:
Stupid question here about the 3g version and this vodafone offer. From what I understand, if you buy the 3g version from like amazon/play, it will include a vodafone sim.

On the vodafone website it states that if you top up £5 with them, you'll get a free copy of Wipeout, but do you have to buy the vita from vodafone aswell???

No, just buy the 3G from anywhere in the country and top up £5.

I'm looking forward to Gravity Rush or Gravity Days depending on the region you buy it. I guess it's not a launch title due to translation.

Correct. I tihnk it's expected in the West some time around May but that could change.
Here's 15 minutes of gameplay :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k6sqxPAivu4

Super Stardust has also been confirmed to have day 1 DLC which adds 4 extra game modes, Endless, Impact, Bomber and Twin Gun.

The price of the DLC in the US is about 80% of the price of the game itself or you can buy everything for $15.

Expect the twin pack to be £10 on the UK store based on that price.

Note however that the game on its own with no DLC still got a 9.5 from IGN, 4/5 from giantbomb, 8.0 from game informer, etc and that the main game on it's own has more content than the PS3 version Super Stardust HD.

Also Amazon did as I expected and beat play on the 3G price again. It's now just £260 for the 3g+ 8gb card and £210 for the WiFi + 8Gb card. Then £15 for one of 6 games.

All in all I'm really pleased the UK retail will fight for my money :D

Originally I was willing to pay £230 for the WiFi, £30-70 for a card and however much for the games. Now because of the fighting I'm getting Rayman, Wipeout, a 3G vita and an 8Gb card for just £280. Long may it continue.

Last edited:
Associate
All in all I'm really pleased the UK retail will fight for my money :D

Originally I was willing to pay £230 for the WiFi, £30-70 for a card and however much for the games. Now because of the fighting I'm getting Rayman, Wipeout, a 3G vita and an 8Gb card for just £280. Long may it continue.

I've stuck with Amazon too... I was originally going for the Wifi and Uncharted, but my order has changed slightly:

3G PS Vita with 8GB memory card and Rayman Origins
16Gb memory card
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Reality Fighters (despite reviews)
Little Deviants (as above)

I'm going to get Wipeout from Vodafone and I've got £50 worth of GAME vouchers to get some accessories and maybe another game.

Soldato
OP
[ZiiP]carrot;21258941 said:
.....Vita 3G order complete :rolleyes:

I did the same thing last week :D

Welcome to the dark side lol

EDIT: The frst EU vita ad was spotted and removed from Youtube today. Those that saw it are claiming it to be similar in esence to the Double Life Playstation adverts from their PS1 campaign.

Some more info on Uncharted too

If you’ve been following all the pre-release news, then you know that Uncharted: Golden Abyss also has a ton of collectibles, over 300 in fact. We wanted to not only give the game some replayability with some additional exploration, but also to tell more back story, which we do through the items you collect, locations you photograph, and other puzzles you solve. All of these are tied to Trophies that can be earned. We didn’t forget the gamer who prefers gunplay to exploration: one of the collectible types in Uncharted: Golden Abyss are the Bounties. These drop randomly from fallen enemies throughout the game and represent things that might have been found in the area you’re fighting in: old Spanish playing cards, gold and silver coins, etc. To make it more challenging, we made some the items scarce and made some them really rare. You’re not going to collect all these on a single play through.

But we’re not cruel. To make it a little easier to collect all the Bounties, we created The Black Market. This is a NEAR application that allows you select a Bounty type from your collection and send a request out to the Black Market. If any other VITA players out there (in the area where you made the request) have a Bounty that you’re missing, the Black Market will send you a copy of their Bounty, even the rarest collectibles. We even created a sixth Bounty type that you can obtain only through NEAR: if you send a request to the Black Market and no one has what you need, the Black Market will send you a carved Fetish for you troubles. Again, all of these are tied to Trophies. If you want that platinum, it’s going to take you awhile, and you have to take your PS VITA with you!

Last edited:
Soldato
Done it :D

Amazon - 3G PS Vita with 8GB memory card + 1st Class Delivery £262.42

TheHut - Hori: PS Vita Elite Accessory Pack + Free Delivery £14.99

PlanetAxel - PS Vita Memory Card (32GB) Inc. Delivery $104.97 (£66)

My plan is to sell off the 8GB Card for about £20, Buy a £5 top up to receive Wipeout 2048 and stick to buying my games digitally.

I think going with Amazon is best as they will always beat any other (Play) price and I've always had good experiences with them. Decided to get 3G version for the simple reason that once Wipeout is figured into the deal it's only £25 more to own the Ultimate Vita and you never know what the future may hold for Vita & 3G!

Soldato
OP
Done it :D

Amazon - 3G PS Vita with 8GB memory card + 1st Class Delivery £262.42

TheHut - Hori: PS Vita Elite Accessory Pack + Free Delivery £14.99

PlanetAxel - PS Vita Memory Card (32GB) Inc. Delivery $104.97 (£66)

My plan is to sell off the 8GB Card for about £20, Buy a £5 top up to receive Wipeout 2048 and stick to buying my games digitally.

I think going with Amazon is best as they will always beat any other (Play) price and I've always had good experiences with them. Decided to get 3G version for the simple reason that once Wipeout is figured into the deal it's only £25 more to own the Ultimate Vita and you never know what the future may hold for Vita & 3G!

Nice :) I'm doing the same with my 8GB card and unless Amazon cancel this £6 Rayman order I'll also have a copy of that to sell too.

Still can't decided which 3g bundle to get :(

What games are you interested in?

Soldato
OP
So is the Morrisons deal still comparable to the latest Amazon/Play deals?

The morrisons deal hasn't changed since it went live on Monday last week so if you want Fifa it's a great deal.

I've listed an Amazon and Play one to compare for you

Morrisons: WiFi + 4Gb + pre order pack + Fifa + £25 morrisons voucher = £250.
Amazon: Wifi + 8GB + Fifa = £250
Play: WiFi + 8GB + Fifa+ pre order pack = £243

Uncharted or fifa!

I want the Amazon deal but don't like the games they have in the bundle

You don't have to get one of the games. However on that basis one of the Play bundles might be better suited. They have two that are 3G + Fifa or Uncharted with an 8GB card for £293.

If bought from Amazon it would cost you £300.

Soldato
The morrisons deal hasn't changed since it went live on Monday last week so if you want Fifa it's a great deal.

I've listed an Amazon and Play one to compare for you

Morrisons: WiFi + 4Gb + pre order pack + Fifa + £25 morrisons voucher = £250.
Amazon: Wifi + 8GB + Fifa = £250
Play: WiFi + 8GB + Fifa+ pre order pack = £243

You don't have to get one of the games. However on that basis one of the Play bundles might be better suited. They have two that are 3G + Fifa or Uncharted with an 8GB card for £293.

If bought from Amazon it would cost you £300.

Yea play deal looks good ! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom