The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The realistic Rangers fans (and I employ a few) know they have broken rules and should be punished fairly, if they start as a newco that should be in division three, it would be a nonsense to have a newco in the SPL but I suppose there is history of this happening with Leeds United, the difference with Leeds is, they had already gone through several punishments and had dropped down the league, as it stands, Rangers have really not had any punishment that fits the crime/crimes.

If the double contracts thing comes out, there is no option but to send them down, whether its CVA or newco. One last thing, if it is a newco, then they should be forced to apply for the league along with other clubs, and technically they should not get in until they have three years of accounts, so they should have to wait their turn until another club goto the wall.

Soldato
Hmm....

Shelbourne FC have won the league in the Republic of Ireland 13 times. Are they more successful than Lazio (2 League wins and a Cup-Winners Cup) Nottingham Forest (1 League title and 2 European Cup wins) or any of the host of other clubs who have won less league titles?

Your point about Rangers being the most successful club in the world is an interesting one.
Domestically, we ARE the most successful team in the world, with the most domestic league titles won.:)
It is all they harp on about tbh. Suppose it is their comfort blanket these days ;)
Jealouscause we have something to "harp on about"?
You lot were given the league on a plate, failed epically in both domestic cups with one of the biggest (if not thee biggest) squads in the spl, and put out of Europe twice on one season.;)

Associate
Domestically, we ARE the most successful team in the world, with the most domestic league titles won.:)

Jealouscause we have something to "harp on about"?
You lot were given the league on a plate, failed epically in both domestic cups with one of the biggest (if not thee biggest) squads in the spl, and put out of Europe twice on one season.;)

You may as well harp on a little longer then, cause soon your beloved club either wont exist, or will be playing Ablion Rovers in Div3.

I could harp on about winning the European Cup, but that just wouldnt be fair. Dont want you to enter the permarage state you are almost in.

Bottom line, Celtic won the league as they were the better team. Take your 10pts and the margin is still significant. Celtic bombed out both cups, sure Rangers did as well, unless I have missed their cup final, no semi final, no quarter final appearances?

Getting knocked out of europe twice in a season is better than being pumped out by Maribor. Pretty sure we made some decent money from getting knocked out twice ;)

Associate
3 Leagues more than Linfield, who have significantly more cups to their name...

"Successful" is far too ambigious a term to be proud of when we are talking about leagues like the spl...

If the Linfield stat is right, then your little brothers are actually more successful than Rangers "domestically" as they have won more trophies "domestically" :D

Soldato
Club Nacional de Football in Uruguay have won 122 domestic trophies, 8 more than Rangers.

Linfield has won the most in total but I believe Rangers hold the record for the most UEFA sanctioned trophies.

Obviously Real Madrid are the most successful team of all time with 9 european cups.

Soldato
Neil Doncaster today hinting that a Rangers newco could join the SPL, like the SPL was going to allow any other option with the TV deal? :rolleyes:

We all know the SPL want the money from a Rangers team in the division but "punish" them with various sanctions. With the current PR going for the liquidation into division 3 I wonder how the bidders and fans will react?

Soldato
Any bidder will be taking long term prospects into it, if I was a Rangers fan Id want division 3, if I get the SPL its going to be crippled and struggling to stay afloat, at least in the third, its going to take 3 or 4 seasons to get back to the SPL by which time the club would be in a position to challenge again.

I personally think it would invigorate the whole league, a TV deal could be struck for the lower leagues, there would be interest for people to see a club of that size fighting minnows.

Associate
Any bidder will be taking long term prospects into it, if I was a Rangers fan Id want division 3, if I get the SPL its going to be crippled and struggling to stay afloat, at least in the third, its going to take 3 or 4 seasons to get back to the SPL by which time the club would be in a position to challenge again.

I personally think it would invigorate the whole league, a TV deal could be struck for the lower leagues, there would be interest for people to see a club of that size fighting minnows.

It would be an interesting project to see how long it takes to get back to the SPL, in reality any 3rd division side could beat an SPL side if they had the motivation to do so. Maybe the challenge of rangers may give them that motivation. I think they should swallow their pride and start from the bottom.

Soldato
Rangers wouldnt have the current squad they have though, all the first team will leave and it will be a few old pro's who will want to hang around to appease the fans and a mixture of young guys.

Everyone else will more than likely be gone no matter what division they are in come August.

Soldato
Rangers wouldnt have the current squad they have though, all the first team will leave and it will be a few old pro's who will want to hang around to appease the fans and a mixture of young guys.

Everyone else will more than likely be gone no matter what division they are in come August.

The PFA believes that players won't have to join any newco and with the 12-month transfer ban applying they'll pretty much be stuck with a youth team for the first season. Also, as most know a number of players have options of leaving on cut-price deals (e.g. Lafferty for 500k) so would the clubs losing out on transfer fees or ticket money get any of this cash?

Soldato
No one really knows the deal the players have struck to take the lower wages, its assumed the higher earners have fixed prices that they can go for should someone bid that amount, and they will be able to make back the money they lost out on that way.

Whittaker, McGregor and the likes will all go for at least half their market value, I assume guys like Fleck and Ness will probably stay.

Soldato
If the Linfield stat is right, then your little brothers are actually more successful than Rangers "domestically" as they have won more trophies "domestically" :D

Put your glasses on :cool::D:D I was talking about the bread and butter of any club, the LEAGUE TITLE, no where did i mention league cups etc,
:D

Bottom line, Celtic won the league as they were the better team. Take your 10pts and the margin is still significant. Celtic bombed out both cups, sure Rangers did as well, unless I have missed their cup final, no semi final, no quarter final appearances?

Getting knocked out of europe twice in a season is better than being pumped out by Maribor. Pretty sure we made some decent money from getting knocked out twice ;)

Yes we were put out both cups, but we were not harping on about the "treble" "this is just the beginning" and the the rest of the rubbish lennon spouts. :rolleyes: We had bigger problems to deal with, so with Rangers already out the cup, you lot should have had it in the bag, but that went ***'s up :D

I would rather have gone out to Maribor with my dignity intact, loosing to the better team on the night, than begging UEFA to let us back in, quite an embarrassing affair. :)

Soldato
Guys stay on topic. Have your peeing contest elsewhere.

I live abroad now so don't get to see many games and can't really comment on where fans should go next season but supposing it was Div 3.

Let's have a look at ground capacities....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_Scottish_Third_Division

There won't be many away Gers fans at the games. (Apart from the biggie at Hampden Queens Park could really make a killing and become one of Div3 big boys I doubt we'd see many Gers fans going but you would expect (boycott aside 10-15K to turn up in Mount Florida.)

I seriously doubt this Div 3 thing will happen as it's upto the 12 in SPL to vote. They are changing it to 75% soon once they see what the drop in revenue would be they will vote to keep Gers in SPL. Also the Gers (as a business) would also want to stay in SPL even with a 75% cut in tv cash it would still be significantly more than they would get from Div3 through 1. Even with transfer embargo they still would only need to survive 1 season with a youth team season 2 they could start buying again and challenging for a european place (or even 2nd place) whereas in Div 3 they would need 3+ years before that could happen.
Also the 2 Celtic sellouts at 42 quid a ticket is very lucrative lets not forget the cash from corporate for that match and online tv sales etc...

So while Div 3 would be an interesting outcome it will not happen nor would Rangers choose this route.

Soldato
Guys stay on topic. Have your peeing contest elsewhere.

I live abroad now so don't get to see many games and can't really comment on where fans should go next season but supposing it was Div 3.

Let's have a look at ground capacities....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_Scottish_Third_Division

There won't be many away Gers fans at the games. (Apart from the biggie at Hampden Queens Park could really make a killing and become one of Div3 big boys I doubt we'd see many Gers fans going but you would expect (boycott aside 10-15K to turn up in Mount Florida.)

I seriously doubt this Div 3 thing will happen as it's upto the 12 in SPL to vote. They are changing it to 75% soon once they see what the drop in revenue would be they will vote to keep Gers in SPL. Also the Gers (as a business) would also want to stay in SPL even with a 75% cut in tv cash it would still be significantly more than they would get from Div3 through 1. Even with transfer embargo they still would only need to survive 1 season with a youth team season 2 they could start buying again and challenging for a european place (or even 2nd place) whereas in Div 3 they would need 3+ years before that could happen.
Also the 2 Celtic sellouts at 42 quid a ticket is very lucrative lets not forget the cash from corporate for that match and online tv sales etc...

So while Div 3 would be an interesting outcome it will not happen nor would Rangers choose this route.

Queens Park may not be in Division3, they are in the playoffs Jas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom