The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
Thing is, the older you get, the less willing you become to compromise, and the less likely you will be to find a women sans kids from a previous relationship.

Exactly this. A mate of mine gave up finding someone else a while ago (after a failed marriage and a long term failed relationship afterwards, both relationships with kids) and rents them by the hour now (women, not kids!). I'm not sure if that's acceptable or not. :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Still talking to my ex who I had a daughter with, it's weird how you look back and wish you could change things.

this is the hardest thing. you keep in contact because of the kids, and you wonder what would have happened if you had done something differently. unfortunatly most of the time no matter what you did it would have ended the same way eventually.
a lifetime of loneliness though doesn't sound fun though, so i hope there is someone out there for me :p

Soldato
OP
this is the hardest thing. you keep in contact because of the kids, and you wonder what would have happened if you had done something differently. unfortunatly most of the time no matter what you did it would have ended the same way eventually.
a lifetime of loneliness though doesn't sound fun though, so i hope there is someone out there for me :p

Yeah, you and me both. It's scary thinking of a life alone, but even scarier thinking of a life being unhappy.

Associate
My turn!

I've been seeing a girl for about 6 months, we currently live about 30 miles apart and at the moment I am driving up 2-3 times a week to see her and previously to that she was driving to mine every weekend. Its a bit annoying but I don't think too much about it, its 38 minutes away down the motorway and to me nothing.. she dislikes the distance a great deal.

So... in September I am moving back South for Uni, so its going to be an extra hour between us and she is currently being a bit weird.

She doesn't really kiss me or interact as much, sex has gone right down the pan and seems a bit distant.. This has been since I received my uni offers and I think its become more real to her.

I asked her about it after she asked me to move out of the way of the TV when I tried to give her a cuddle on the sofa and I was a bit miffed as I had just driven there to comfort her over something she was upset about..

anyway she says she she just isn't bothered at the moment about physical things and I managed to get out of her that it may be down to the uni thing on her mind, I said well, you have two choices really.. you decide to stay with me and give it a go or we break up... in the mean time we drift further apart and break up anyway because she is being weird and its annoying me.

anyway, I guess its doomed.

Soldato
My turn!

I've been seeing a girl for about 6 months, we currently live about 30 miles apart and at the moment I am driving up 2-3 times a week to see her and previously to that she was driving to mine every weekend. Its a bit annoying but I don't think too much about it, its 38 minutes away down the motorway and to me nothing.. she dislikes the distance a great deal.

So... in September I am moving back South for Uni, so its going to be an extra hour between us and she is currently being a bit weird.

She doesn't really kiss me or interact as much, sex has gone right down the pan and seems a bit distant.. This has been since I received my uni offers and I think its become more real to her.

I asked her about it after she asked me to move out of the way of the TV when I tried to give her a cuddle on the sofa and I was a bit miffed as I had just driven there to comfort her over something she was upset about..

anyway she says she she just isn't bothered at the moment about physical things and I managed to get out of her that it may be down to the uni thing on her mind, I said well, you have two choices really.. you decide to stay with me and give it a go or we break up... in the mean time we drift further apart and break up anyway because she is being weird and its annoying me.

sounds like time to get out to be honest. as much as it sux, is better in the long run.
and at uni, there will be loads of women to take your mind off her.

J.B

J.B

Soldato
My turn!

I know this sounds horrible but a similar situation happened to me before uni and looking back now I wish I'd cut her loose. The first year of university is the best time to be single! I know it's a cliché thing to say but there is a lot of truth in it.

I'm not saying every relationship is going to be doomed when people go to uni but if she's like this now it's probably only going to get worse!

Back
Top Bottom