**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
Nope, mine freezes when just web browsing.

On a side note, back to 100.1 BCLK and no freezes since. Very strange.

i uninstalled USB 3 drivers - since then no problems at all (and i had latest USB 3 drivers)
before im getting 6-8 crashes/freezes every day

Associate
Forget to mention:
im using F8 official bios (F9a already exist) but i remember that with F7 official i have little bit less crashes with USB 3 driver installed,dont know why,maybe its just my system
But USB3 driver uninstall helped me - now 2 days without single crash/freeze
I also cant find USB3 disable function in bios,or maybe im blind lol
2jaf3nn.jpg

No USB3 drivers
Its kinda shame that board which cost 160+ have problems with USB3 (or at least looks that way)
Hope GB sort this out sooner rather than later

Associate
could be ram voltage or cpu/vtt voltage not right,what are you using atm?

did you manage to catch the bsod error codes? it will be 00000101 or 0000124

101 usually means not enough cpu voltage
124 means not enough dram or cpu/vtt voltage...can also be not enough cpu voltage on sb/ib

got a bsod just and the code is a load of 0s d1

Caporegime
I don't know.what they are that's why I left them alone Lol
What do i need to do and what are the safe limits?
Is it safe to go over 1.5v with RAM I read it can dmg the CPU?

you can use upto 1.5750v for dram,id run 1.55v,ive been running that and higher without any trouble

cpu vtt or qpi/vtt you can safely use upto 1.2v although you wont need anything like that amount,id try 1.10v from stock 1.05v and see how you get on

Associate
you can use upto 1.5750v for dram,id run 1.55v,ive been running that and higher without any trouble

cpu vtt or qpi/vtt you can safely use upto 1.2v although you wont need anything like that amount,id try 1.10v from stock 1.05v and see how you get on

thansk for that il sort that later

i have a problem when it boots it ALWAYS reverts to the hdd. to get it to boot to the ssd i have to go into the bios and alter it every time i switch the pc on!

Associate
Hi,

This is related to the UD3H board but I thought you guys could probably help!

I received yesterday the GA-Z77X-UD3H and set it up to test (outside of case).

It will boot up ok initially and I will get a brief view of the Gigabyte splash screen and then the screen will go blank. It does not matter which connection I use this always happens. Everything is still running but the screen is blank. I have used both onboard outputs and the graphics card output but to no avail.

I have tried without the graphics card plugged in but the same thing happens.

The USB keyboard and mouse are lit up and all fans are going but no display after the brief view of the splash screen. Is the motherboard faulty? Or am I just missing something?!

Thank you in advance.

Caporegime
Hi,

This is related to the UD3H board but I thought you guys could probably help!

I received yesterday the GA-Z77X-UD3H and set it up to test (outside of case).

It will boot up ok initially and I will get a brief view of the Gigabyte splash screen and then the screen will go blank. It does not matter which connection I use this always happens. Everything is still running but the screen is blank. I have used both onboard outputs and the graphics card output but to no avail.

I have tried without the graphics card plugged in but the same thing happens.

The USB keyboard and mouse are lit up and all fans are going but no display after the brief view of the splash screen. Is the motherboard faulty? Or am I just missing something?!

Thank you in advance.

So with the graphics card removed and the monitor connected to the motherboard, can you press delete and enter the BIOS?

Try a clear CMOS also, that cures a lot of issues for people.

Last edited:
Associate
Cleared the CMOS. No joy.

No I cannot get into the BIOS at all. The splash screen comes up and whatever I press within less than a second it just disappears. I also tried pressing END to get straight into Qflash but again a cursor appears top left for less than a second and then blank.

I tried booting without monitor attached and then attached it after pressing delete (someone else earlier in thread seemed to have the same issue) and on one occasion I saw a different screen flash up for a second and then nothing (I think this screen said something along the lines of 'you have reverted to default settings.....' that is all I could see before it disappeared!)

Associate
Looking at the codes that come up as it start up it goes through a different numbers. Get to 99 (super IO initialization), then A3 (Acitivated all currently connected IDE devices; that is when splash screen comes up), quickly jumps to A9 (BIOS setup started; splash screen disappears & everything goes blank) and then settles on A6 (Detect and install all currently connected SCSI devices).

Also when I have cleared the CMOS and reboot it switches itself on and off 3 times before booting properly.

Caporegime
Looking at the codes that come up as it start up it goes through a different numbers. Get to 99 (super IO initialization), then A3 (Acitivated all currently connected IDE devices; that is when splash screen comes up), quickly jumps to A9 (BIOS setup started; splash screen disappears) and then settles on A6 (Detect and install all currently connected SCSI devices).

tried plugging keyboard into the usb 2 or usb3 ports? might have issues on the usb3

you have spare keyboard to test with?

Back
Top Bottom