**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Can't type for toffee
Don
ANyone had any issues with Acronis Trueimage with this board?
Using my odl copy of 11, I used it last week when I rebuilt my 775 and HTPC and they imaged fine.

On here it's not seeing my Main drive (SSD) :(

Soldato
Funnily enough the Intel RST v11.1.0.1006 driver has now been updated on the Gigabyte website, I'll change the link so it's directly from Gigabyte instead of Intel now.Yes they are also fine for your motherboard, I just double checked the drivers they are the same.you can install straight over, it will replace the older versions.

The actual Intel PCH Driver v9.3.0.1020, I updated each one manually as shown in the diagram below in device driver, as well as auto updating as it would not replace them by just doing a straight install. I've already updated mine last night. :)

drvupdate.jpg

What am I doing wrong as I can update the driver to the latest for the Controller under the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller. But when I download and then try to update the individual components as shown above I will either "browse" or "let me pick" and "have disk" and either way it will not update.

I have as Gigabyte Z77 D3H and the drivers are the same and yet I get the above error. Any ideas please..?

My drivers...

1339149844.png

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Hey guys :0
I've been trying to get my GA-Z77X-UD5H to boot consistently for 4 days. No overclocks at all, just stock. Went through 2 boards and I'm about to return this and go with an ASUS Delux but I thought I'd ask you guys...

XFX Radeon 6750
OCZ Revodrive X2
4 WD 2 TB hardrives, 1 WD 3 TB hard drive
TV tuner
Enermax Revolution 1000 Watt PS

So anyway, the PC will get caught in a bios post, then reboot cycle. the status LEDS say "db" rigth before it reboots (which is a bad bios flash, right?) I've flashed from dos disk, every bios version out there, though, and get same.
if i flip the switch to my stock bios, it will boot fine, but it i change one bios setting, this bios does the same :( and it have to clear it.

Now the odd part, if i remove the XFX ati card, and run integrated Video, the board posts and boots fine, everytime. I've been using this video card for about a year in my old system so i knows it works fine, though:(

I've moved the video card and revo drive in every different pci express slot combination but no luck. i take that back, when i move the cards around, it seems to boot fine once, but then never again until i move the cards around or remvoe the video card completly...

LOL, any ideas before i Jump?

Does something similar when my ati 6950 is using the 6970 bios, it wont show anything on screen but boots the system, if i run it at the normal 6950 it works fine. It could be a compatibility problem with your graphics card which may be linked to z77 chip set which means if you get another z77 board regardless of the make it might do the same.

Soldato
OP
stasio said:
New official BIOS is out.
Thanks, will update the front page. :)
Vimes said:
What am I doing wrong as I can update the driver to the latest for the Controller under the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller. But when I download and then try to update the individual components as shown above I will either "browse" or "let me pick" and "have disk" and either way it will not update.

I have as Gigabyte Z77 D3H and the drivers are the same and yet I get the above error. Any ideas please..?
To manually update the driver you will need to download and install the freeware program 7-Zip File Manager >> http://www.7-zip.org/

• Right click the INF_allOS_9.3.0.1020_PV and extract to its own directory as shown below.
  • Manually update via device manager and point to the directory of the decompressed files and it will automatically find the driver.

samp1n.jpg

Last edited:
Can't type for toffee
Don
Had a play around, still unable to get this damn via USB 3.0 hub installed properly :(
Error code 10 when identified as VIA

Flat out not working when showing as xHCI root hub.

:(

NEarly just made a big error, went to install the ud5h bios xD

Last edited:
Can't type for toffee
Don
Update the Bios, first time I've ever had to do that lol :p
It hasn't resolved the issue tho :(
Also unable to load Acronis or partedmagic boot discs for some reason.
Parted magic just hangs, Acronis states unable to load Linux Kernel

EDIT:
One step closer.
Rather than runt he via installer I manually did it and selected load driver from...
manually selected the W7 folder within..
Now installed fine :/
Very odd.

Acronis is still refusing to see my SSD or to load from the bootdisc :(
If I click add disk it sees the partitioned SSD but wont let me creat an image of it ><

EDIT: GRR
Just updated to Acronis v12, worked first time :(
More money to spend I guess lol

EDIT: morning lol
Lucid installed first time :/
Followed steps on front page and went without a hitch.

Quick Q tho, do I now reconnect my DVI cable to my 6950 or leave it on the onboard connector?
Just the AMD catalyst kicks upa fuss when windows starts stating its not applicable to the active Gfx (the onboard)

Last edited:

Rab

Rab

Associate
got one of these coming saterday, update to latest bois, fixes most of the problems reported here ?
read some good reviews on this board, but after reading some of probs here.
hope i have went right way :)

? is there any improvement with marvel controller on this mobo, or it still same?

Last edited:

Rab

Rab

Associate
cheers, heres hoping :)
whats sound like on this board, as has creative built in..
have a d2x xonar for the last 2 months, but tbh never really been happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom