**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
Updated to F8 this morning, reloaded defaults then changed the settings back to what I previously had which is:
CPU @ 4.00ghz, stock voltages, turbo off
BCLK @ 100.10
RAM @ 2133mhz and 1.45volts

Booted fine, used it for a few hours fine. Turned pc off.

Went to turn back on and got a boot failure...checked bios and my bclk was showing at 97 something? Not sure if that's just a failsafe setting to get you in the bios?

Anyway, switched bclk to 100.00 instead and it actually seems to be running at 100 now. Guess F8 fixes that issue :)

Will see if it happens again, interested to know if anyone else has a similar problem.

Associate
right my pc is FINALLY ALMOST reliable!
overclock seems stable at 4.8 ghz and temps are acceptable (high 60s-mid 70s in games max)

iv had a few random bsods which i THINK are ram related

would this ram work/be good??
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-068-GS&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=817

another issue is boot sequence i have an ssd whcih is primary boot and a hdd both with windows 7 as backup.
whenever i shut down/restart the pc it ALWAYS reverts to the hdd as primary boot which is really annoying me it just refuses to save the boot sequence!
its on f7 bios i think. im loath to flash it again because its the closest iv been to getting a stable pc!

this mobo and pc in general has been a total pita since i built it

Associate
Well, the freezing bug isn't fixed on F8. I changed BCLK to 101.0 and got my first hard lock after only 5 minutes. I had updated my OCZ Agility3 SSD yesterday to latest firmware as well to try and eliminate that as a cause.

I've changed back to 100.1 BCLK now.

Rab

Rab

Associate
got the board this morning, installed latest bios. all seems good.
lmao gave easytune a shot, 1.45 v for 4.3 overclock :)
went straight for 4.5 oc, passed 20 linx, into 3rd hour of prime.
got to say really impressed how cool this board runs, on water & have dropped around 4-6c
over z68 mobo. also sound on it not bad as well. overall happy so far.

Associate
I just **** a brick. Basicly wanting to send my keyboard back as seems to have a fault so unplugged it went to plug in spare keyboard spark = dead computer. Pc refused to start no power at all went to the toilet (literally). Came back down changed psu cable thank god it booted seems fuse just blew.

Associate

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...d=8&subcat=817

another issue is boot sequence i have an ssd whcih is primary boot and a hdd both with windows 7 as backup.
whenever i shut down/restart the pc it ALWAYS reverts to the hdd as primary boot which is really annoying me it just refuses to save the boot sequence!
its on f7 bios i think. im loath to flash it again because its the closest iv been to getting a stable pc!

Caporegime

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...d=8&subcat=817

could be ram voltage or cpu/vtt voltage not right,what are you using atm?

did you manage to catch the bsod error codes? it will be 00000101 or 0000124

101 usually means not enough cpu voltage
124 means not enough dram or cpu/vtt voltage...can also be not enough cpu voltage on sb/ib

Soldato
I think I have found the problem to freezing dunno why, it only happens to me if I am downloading using bitorrent!!! :confused:

Yes its a very strange one I know, but it does not freeze at all if I am not using bitorrent. Not sure if its the same with large files using steam or origin as I have not downloaded anything over time using either.

Weird! :eek:

Just had a thought, maybe its a usb driver issue as I had my wireless adptor in USB 3 port. So the other day when messing with that useless stupid mvp thing. I manged to f my pc up somehow
so had to do a system restore. When I got going again my wireless adapter would not work so I plugged into standard usb. No lock ups since, hmmmm will try bitorrent now find something large and see what happens!!!

Last edited:
Associate
could be ram voltage or cpu/vtt voltage not right,what are you using atm?

did you manage to catch the bsod error codes? it will be 00000101 or 0000124

101 usually means not enough cpu voltage
124 means not enough dram or cpu/vtt voltage...can also be not enough cpu voltage on sb/ib

ram voltage is 1.5v iv underclocked it to 1333mhz

the only cpu voltage iv touched is vcore the others are stock

Soldato
Just happened again within 30min when using bitorrent !!! :rolleyes:

I will not use now and wait see if it happens again without bitorrent running!! So its not the ports :confused:

Soldato
Nope still no lockup!!! :confused:

But if I start bitorrent it locks within 30min!!! WTF!!

I can not even get my head round it as its just not hardware related!! :rolleyes: Its goto to be a software issue somewhere!

Soldato
Nope, mine freezes when just web browsing.

On a side note, back to 100.1 BCLK and no freezes since. Very strange.

So you just using the internet and it locks?

So if i use bitorrent mine locks???

Have an idea try using the pc without the internet (unplug it) just play a game or read a doc or something and see if it locks?

Just ideas !!!

Associate
Update: Despite my "blip" after flashing F8 it's been stable so far. Boots everytime now and yet to have a freeze.

Running BCLK set to 100.00 in the Bios and not on auto.
Samsung Green @ 2133 with 10 timings @ 1.45
CPU @ 4.00GHz

Also updated to latest drivers listed on the last page or so. (Chipset, USB, RST etc) but did this before the bios flash.

Back
Top Bottom