• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
as I'm so new to Nvidia I can ask stupid questions :D

Is it ok to download these and install over my 320.49? or do I have to delete the 320.49 first.

Personal preference, I prefer to delete the old and go thorugh the cleaning process but the easiest way is just to install over the top of your existing driver and check the box "clean install" on the installation screen.

Caporegime
326.19 BETA -

still crashing on bike selection in Trials Evolution HD AND still crashing in firefox!!! omg nvidia this is getting silly now are you trying to force use older card users i.e <500 series and lower to buy new cards?
EDIT* 2 crashes trying to post this
crashes left and right, GPU usage drops, higher voltage and temperature in some weird cases, complete instability with factory-overclocked cards, another quality product from Nvidia
NO FREEZE UP/CRASH FIXES!

If you had any with the previous drivers do not bother with these especially for older cars 560ti e.t.c, NVIDIA is a **** Joke of a company right now.

EDIT : Another

Still crashing and freezing up windows/firefox, this has been going on with EVERY 32.x driver. You could be in windows, listening to music or browsing and boom instant freeze up with the mouse in a frozen state. Then it resumes as normal and sometimes you get a driver error in log! I'm going to avoid EVERY 32x driver release If you have anything below a 600 card give up
32x series drivers are*** none has been stable with my 560Ti, system crashes, Firefox crashes. Use the 314.22 for now, but with so many games to come in August, I doubt that they remain optimal to play. Buy a new vga? I'm sorry but until I get the new architecture so I'm fine.
No point in writing whats wrong with these or not, cuz everyone else wrote it already.

Back to 314.22
I have a Titan and it gives me drivers stopped responding and numerous other crap, so i guess its not tested out as it should.

Last edited:
Permabanned
very poor performance with bf3 with these drivers. The sli usage is around 70% and throttles the cards.

I've gone back to 326.01 and sli usage is 85%

I personally can't wait for AMD's new cards because I'll be jumping ship when it arrives. Utterly fed up with NV's poor drivers atm.

Associate
I find this very sad :confused: I've said this before but I am new to Nvidia and stuck on the 320.49 drivers and all was great, As soon as I installed precision X I had three lock up's and one blue screen? un-installed Precision X and all seem stable.
Are these 320 drivers just affecting older cards or are they across the board?

There must be more to this surely??

Man of Honour
Yeah don't use EVGA Precision it seems that 320 drivers + precision + some other random software is causing some conflict.

Have to wonder if those people with Firefox issues are infect with that bitcoin malware tho - so far cleaned it off 3 PCs recently (not mine I hasten to add) and it was doing that with all of them (browser crashing when doing anything that used hardware accelerated rendering) fine after cleaning up.

Soldato
OP
Had problems trying to install these on Windows 7 X64, black screen no display. Had to boot to safe mode, manually delete the GPU drivers, then reboot with driver sweeper and start the whole process again. Not a good start lol.

Man of Honour
Is there a known bug/conflict with EVGA Precision X and Nvidia drivers?

Don't know of a known bug but loads of people on various forums have been complaining about BSOD and other issues with 320 drivers which go away when they uninstall EVGA Precision (or start happening after they install EVGA Precision).

Soldato
320.49 I get flashing textures (water mainly) in Metro LL in 3D Vision.

326.01 gives me a weird screen tearing thing.

326.19 crashed COD BLOPS 2 Multi to the desktop.

Funny, these are the first sets to give me any kind of issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom