***Food TV THREAD***

Soldato
I think Michele was a bit harsh on Adam because he had such high expectations but fair play to Steven - he really upped his game as the show went on.

Soldato
from watching the whole series i thought Adam was going to win it, i think he did too
To be fair he'd barely put a foot wrong up until that point! His choice of menu for the final was quite odd really. Very strange, even if he had done all of those dishes impeccably, they wouldn't have stood up against the other two's. Myself and the girlfriend were expecting him to come in with a big Indian theme, as he'd slyly mentioned that was his real love in cooking. Now that would have been impressive I'm sure!

Associate
I thought the standard this year, in the finals, was very high. Well done to Steven, and harsh for Adam - it was his to lose from very early on.

I really liked the final build-up, especially with Massimo. Modena has made the list, would love to visit his restaurant.

Soldato
Is anyone watching The Taste on Channel 4?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Taste_(UK_TV_series)
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-taste

A food show that is all about the taste of the food where the judges have one spoon and a blind taste to commit to whether they like and want to keep the person.

Only two episodes on so far, I quite like the format of it, an interesting change and the judges are fun and make it interesting.

--

I've also been watching some of the US original series which is good too, has four judges but follows the same format.

Man of Honour
OP
Just want to say the sisters make south Africa masterchef worth watching. One I want to take out and see her in an evening dress, the other hot pants down the beach (well when she's not wearing that stupid head band thing)

Man of Honour
OP
Currently working my way through good eats http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/good-eats.html/

It's a bit like Heaton in search if perfection, but less science, but still talks about what's going on and history. But cheesy with comedy sketches, which is a shame.

So does anyone know any TV/youtube shows that are history and science rich. Far more interesting than bogs standard cooking shows.

Associate
Currently working my way through good eats http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/good-eats.html/

It's a bit like Heaton in search if perfection, but less science, but still talks about what's going on and history. But cheesy with comedy sketches, which is a shame.

So does anyone know any TV/youtube shows that are history and science rich. Far more interesting than bogs standard cooking shows.

My view on you has just gone up 1000%.

Good Eats is amazing. Shame it's never been a thing in the UK.

Alton Brown is the man. Second only (maybe) to Anthony Bourdain.

Man of Honour
OP
They have one series on Netflix us, but that's it. It says series 1 but it looks like series 13 to me from episode series. Shame the other series aren't on there.

I really want to see the episode with the turning an aubergine into a pasta replacement. Found the recipe, but want to see the video.

Associate
I think the Netflix stuff is a mix of all the different seasons. You can get almost all the Good Eats eps on YouTube though, and downloaded copies from pretty much anywhere.

I remember seeing the aubergine thing, but I still think spaghetti squash is easier/better.

I think the best GE episodes are the one where he makes chilli with homemade chili powder, and where he deep fries a whole turkey.

Man of Honour
OP
New series starts tomorrow. 3 episodes 6 different chefs traveling the world. The advert looks great.

Monday, February 2nd, 2015 on BBC 2 from 9:00pm to 10:00pm

Image for A Cook Abroad: Dave Myers‘ Egypt

Cooking show. Hairy Biker Dave Myers travels to Egypt, home to some of the oldest recipes known to man. From the fantastic street food of Cairo to a family feast 500 miles south in ancient Aswan, Dave voyages up the Nile to find the origins of some of our favourite dishes. On his adventure, Dave fulfils a dream to visit the pyramids of Giza and learns that they were built by labour fed on the humble loaf. He goes to the lush oasis of Al Fayoum in search of a dish with mythical properties and, on the banks of the River Nile, discovers a place where man first turned to farming. Venturing further into the land of the pharaohs, Dave discovers the origins of baking and living proof of a food that changed the eating habits of the planet. To mark the end of his journey, Dave is invited by a family of Nubians for a feast to celebrate the end of Eid al-Adha. He helps prepare a traditional meal that has become legendary across the entire Arab world and receives hospitality he'll never forget.

Back
Top Bottom