The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
If just like to thank everyone for putting up with me and my messages.
Guess I'm just one of those who isn't right inside. Can't get myself out of this, I'll be going to doctors when I'm back as last chance before I give up. I'm just not strong enough to get over it.

Had a day doing my own thing at water park, didn't enjoy it. Felt alone etc.
With no one to talk to activities just seem pointless

As said it's probably not a good thing to keep posting in here. Thanks again

You have got yourself spiralling into a depressive thought pattern. You are constantly circling around the same problems and issues, so no wonder you are still miserable.

You need to break out of this pattern. If you can't do it yourself by moving on and doing other things to take your mind and life in a different direction, you may need some medication and professional advice, or maybe just some CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy).

You need to find your way to stop thinking and wallowing in nothing but your miserable thoughts and feelings. If you can't do it by yourself, don't be afraid to ask for help, it will be much better for you in the long run to help you through this difficult time of your life.

Last edited:
Soldato
So...... Agreed to meet my ex tomorrow for a catch up.... After not seen him for almost a year. Not all guys are after one thing when they want to 'catch up'... Right? I'm quite happy to be friends, considering we both live so close and don't have many other friends that are local in the area.

Soldato
So...... Agreed to meet my ex tomorrow for a catch up.... After not seen him for almost a year. Not all guys are after one thing when they want to 'catch up'... Right? I'm quite happy to be friends, considering we both live so close and don't have many other friends that are local in the area.

Depends on the individual but you're an adult and I'm sure you know if something feels like it's OK doing. You might regret it later on but you'll never know unless you try.

You have reasonable reasons to go and I'd guess you both care about each others well beings to meet in the first place.

Soldato

I think we went through this before no?

Soldato

I am sure he just wants to be friends :rolleyes: And on that note, I feel we need to catch up also! Friendship is what its all about. I'd also like to catch up with Taylor Swift, but that is (literally) another thread.

Soldato

He disrespected you so much the first (and second?) time around, and you're giving him the time of day again?

Soldato
He disrespected you so much the first (and second?) time around, and you're giving him the time of day again?
Well that's the thing... I don't know if he was genuinely going through some issues at the time or whether he was actually just being a ****. I'm usually too quick to judge people but with him I've always given him the benefit of the doubt. I do genuinely think he's a nice guy and that maybe he just had too much pressure and stress at the time and didn't know how to handle a relationship.

People keep telling me 'stop making up excuses for him'... and I understand where they're coming from, but at the same time is it so bad to believe that there is good in some people, even if they did wrong in the past? As naive as that sounds.....

Soldato
Well that's the thing... I don't know if he was genuinely going through some issues at the time or whether he was actually just being a ****. I'm usually too quick to judge people but with him I've always given him the benefit of the doubt. I do genuinely think he's a nice guy and that maybe he just had too much pressure and stress at the time and didn't know how to handle a relationship.

People keep telling me 'stop making up excuses for him'... and I understand where they're coming from, but at the same time is it so bad to believe that there is good in some people, even if they did wrong in the past? As naive as that sounds.....

This instantly popped into my head :p (although the bubble-headed part isn't aimed at you but I thought it fit rather well :))

(blurred out swearies)
KXBLDaB.png

Associate
You don't need to see a Doctor, you got dumped by a girl who your entire life revolved around. What you need to do now is work on yourself, go to the gym, buy some new clothes, develop a social life and then eventually, when you've got your crap together you'll find another girl. Hopefully then you won't make the same mistake of not having a life outside of your relationship.

Awesome advice from Roar! Just going to the gym alone and changing your body/ pushing yourslef can resolve a host of problems. It will take time though but soon you will feel like a million bucks.

Soldato

By the sounds of it...deep down you already know where this is going.

Soldato

Hmm, I had to think whether I was going to post this. As a woman on these forums, I know that you can get treated both better and worse by the usual posters. I also know you've given some quite defensive replies in the past, both for good and bad reasons. I decided in the end that if you were a bloke, I would post the same harsh-sounding words, so I've decided to do so here.

Sorry Mischief, but it's women like you that give women a bad rep by allowing ****** men to take advantage of them - and then go back for more. You like the idea of this guy in your head, you've put him on top of a pedestal, but he's already blown chances over and over, yet you go back and reward his behaviour.

I don't know if you have low self esteem, but not only is that unattractive, it's also pulls in the predators who are looking for someone to emotionally control and play games with. Women often make the repeated mistake of choosing to wrong type of man, you're just going back to the same particular wrong man.

Even if he's great at first and tells you how much he's changed, people nearly always revert to type, and it won't be long before he's doing the same old crap to you, because at his core, screwed up or not, that's how he relates to people. He'll charm you and then get bored of you, like he did last time, and all the while you'll make excuses as to how he was "stressed" and didn't know how to "handle a relationship", as if that excuses treating you like dirt. He's very good at manipulating you to the extent you even defend his poor behaviour towards you.

You treated him as more important than yourself, while he didn't reciprocate, he just took advantage. You were here all upset for quite some time after the last bout of this guy and now you're going back for more? Are you really so lonely and desperate for companionship that you would go back to this person that was mentally and emotionally abusive to you? You'd have that toxic relationship instead of finding new people or being by yourself?

I'm sorry, but there's no helping you if you won't help yourself. You come here, ignore advice if it doesn't agree with what you want to do anyway, and then come back for commiserations when it all goes wrong. Save yourself the heartache, find someone that treats you well and can "handle a relationship", don't go back to the dog that keeps biting you and then act all surprised when you get bitten again.

Please move forwards, don't go backwards.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm, I had to think whether I was going to post this. As a woman on these forums, I know that you can get treated bother better and worse by the usual posters. I also know you've given some quite defensive replies in the past, both for good and bad reasons. I decided in the end that if you were a bloke, I would post the same harsh-sounding words, so I've decided to do so here.

Sorry Mischief, but it's women like you that give women a bad rep by allowing ****** men to take advantage of them - and then go back for more. You like the idea of this guy in your head, you've put him on top of a pedestal, but he's already blown chances over and over, yet you go back and reward his behaviour.

I don't know if you have low self esteem, but not only is that unattractive, it's also pulls in the predators who are looking for someone to emotionally control and play games with. Women often make the repeated mistake of choosing to wrong type of man, you're just going back to the same particular wrong man.

Even if he's great at first and tells you how much he's changed, people nearly always revert to type, and it won't be long before he's doing the same old crap to you, because at his core, screwed up or not, that's how he relates to people. He'll charm you and then get bored of you, like he did last time, and all the while you'll make excuses as to how he was "stressed" and didn't know how to "handle a relationship", as if that excuses treating you like dirt. He's very good at manipulating you to the extent you even defend his poor behaviour towards you.

You treated him as more important than yourself, while he didn't reciprocate, he just took advantage. You were here all upset for quite some time after the last bout of this guy and now you're going back for more? Are you really so lonely and desperate for companionship that you would go back to this person that was mentally and emotionally abusive to you? You'd have that toxic relationship instead of finding new people or being by yourself?

I'm sorry, but there's no helping you if you won't help yourself. You come here, ignore advice if it doesn't agree with what you want to do anyway, and then come back for commiserations when it all goes wrong. Save yourself the heartache, find someone that treats you well and can "handle a relationship", don't go back to the dog that keeps biting you and then act all surprised when you get bitten again.

Please move forwards, don't go backwards.

Agreed !

Soldato
Ok this is going to sound like I'm 'defending' him again, but he never said anything like 'I've changed'. He emailed me over a month ago and wanted to apologise and I think he genuinely meant it. When you say he treated me like dirt, it was more like him backing away and going all quiet - which is completely understandable if someone is going through a bad patch. Yes he did cancel on me like a million times, but when I was going through a bad patch I also did the same to my close friends.

He hasn't asked for anything from me other than to meet and catch up. I have no intention of getting back with him, and he probably doesn't even want to either. He's probably just curious and feeling a bit lonely (in terms of friendships, not in the bedroom..) as he doesn't have many friends. In a way I kinda feel sorry for him.

I completely understand what you're trying to say though and I appreciate your advice. I know I'll only have myself to blame if I let anything happen between us.

Back
Top Bottom