• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon FURY thread

Soldato
64bit operation system required ????:eek:

Not seen that before, not that I've been looking to be honest. Is that a common thing with modern cards, or do you think that it is just sapphire being a bit daft ?

Well it also recommends a minimum of 8GB of RAM. the two "requirements" may be linked.

Soldato
No DVI port :(

The fury X comes with adapters. Quite possible the Fury will as well. Failing that there are loads of cheap cable options. DVI like VGA did is becoming legacy at this point.

20091218221417343.jpg

cable_HDMI_DVI_D.jpg

Associate
Looks like they just took the 390X cooler and slapped it onto the Fury X, hopefully that's not the case otherwise cooling performance may suffer.

Associate
Fury-X uses about 275 Watts, the same as a 290X, it can keep that cool and quiet so i don't see how Fury-X would be any different.

Fury uses HBM so the cooler would be required to make contact with the HBM dies as well, the 390X cooler may not do it efficiently.

bru

bru

Soldato
I would be very very surprised if it was the exact same heat sink. I mean the die is now nearly half as big again and with the HBM right next to it, the original contact surface area probably isn't big enough, so it will have been redesigned. Probably to the same outer dimensions so that the shroud and fans can remain the same.

Caporegime
I would be very very surprised if it was the exact same heat sink. I mean the die is now nearly half as big again and with the HBM right next to it, the original contact surface area probably isn't big enough, so it will have been redesigned. Probably to the same outer dimensions so that the shroud and fans can remain the same.

Good point, a Hawaii cooler just wouldn't fit, plus you would have the overhanging Memory IC plate which would cover half the PCB, caps and all-sorts getting in the way.

Associate
Still,if R9Fury isn't loud or too power hungry I suspect it will defeat GTX980 comfortably in the $549 bracket.
AMD release drivers are never as slick as NVidia and performance quite often improves noticeably over time as well.
I suspect Fiji Pro ,on air maybe quite a card.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom