*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Caporegime
Apatia
Meths
Burtimus
Panda
Corey
Drunzer

Raid finished, 1 sitting =) Good run lads.

Well done.

We got to deathsingers aka daughters checkpoint before we called it.

It was only half 10 and could have stayed up but realised that going back with a fresh head and a couple of guys wanted to watch some videos as they were having issues with the mechanics/jumping.

Soldato
Ok guys, I can do a Thursday raid, think OweO was down? Can make it a little later if necessary but would like to start 7 if we're doing a fresh run.

Thursday 7pm PS4 King's Fall
1) middgen
2) OweO
3)
4)
5)
6)

My hunter is 287 and just needs a new artifact to get to 290...should be np. Also have a deathsinger CP on my titan if we wanted to do that.

Did a nice easy strat on Golgoroth yesterday, just used the R1 and L1 bubbles, switched gaze once, then deliberately lost it, cleared adds, pick up ammo, rinse, repeat. Only risk was exploding thralls down the bottom which a sunbreaker titan easily cleared out.

Only fight I haven't done now is Oryx....pretty happy with the rest.

Last edited:
Soldato
ok so i'm looking to hit the raid soon. what level does damage feel "normal"? 295 ish? I'm sat at 295 now so should be ok?

has anybody still got to do it blind?

290 is fine, ignore the e-p33n wavers that say you need more. Most important thing is being able to pipe up and ask when you don't understand the mechanics...as long as everyone understands each role in each fight it's pretty straightforward.

Easier said than done though.....it's far more complex than VoG or CE :cool:

Soldato
Not wanna brag too much but I had some amazing drops from raid last night, got 2 x primary weapons (auto and pulse rifle), rocket launcher, helm, boots, back item and a ghost shell :D So yeah, while something you get nothing at all you sometimes can get some decent loot it seems, shame it's all a bit random.

I think I'm at a stage where I'm going to do the raid only, seems like the rest of the content is not worth anymore as all my 3 chars are 300+ now, or comfortably 297+ with weapons for each scenario. It only takes one day to get alts to 295+ once your main char is hight enough (you can transfer ghost shell and weapons from other chars and you can get relic level 300 from the Court of Oryx easily).

Soldato
Plenty of exotic quests still to plow through, and no-one's figured out the Sleeper Stimulant yet :) I'm sure there's a load of stuff hidden in the raid as well. The raid is great though. I've only had a fusion rifle and chest drop so far though.

Bungie have said that they're announcing some stuff about PvP events in the update tomorrow. Interesting to hear what they're gonna do about Trials etc. I guess there will be a light cap of 290 or something.

Soldato
Ok guys, I can do a Thursday raid, think OweO was down? Can make it a little later if necessary but would like to start 7 if we're doing a fresh run.

1) middgen
2) OweO
3)
4)
5)
6)

My hunter is 287 and just needs a new artifact to get to 290...should be np. Also have a deathsinger CP on my titan if we wanted to do that.

Did a nice easy strat on Golgoroth yesterday, just used the R1 and L1 bubbles, switched gaze once, then deliberately lost it, cleared adds, pick up ammo, rinse, repeat. Only risk was exploding thralls down the bottom which a sunbreaker titan easily cleared out.

Should be ok for this :)

Soldato
big thanks to those who explained the tactics to me.

I felt i was holding you guys back at times it was only my 2nd raid in destiny my last being last week. I felt my damage was poo too :s i was using hand cannons which i dont think is best for pve you seem to run out of ammo fast.

The 2nd to last boss i felt i did bad until we tried it a few times and understood it more tend to learn better from doing it and seeing it rather then it being told to me all the time then i can learn fro my mistakes.

But overall it was great fun i just wish it wasn't the end :p I am used to wow raiding where there is 10-15 bosses a night.

But yeah really good group everyone seemed patient and stuff and jumping stuff but what i can tell warlock seems the worse at jumping.

I'm not going to lie I was worried about you with the Oryx fight because your light level was a little bit lower and it's a really tough fight anyway but I thought you did great, support is probably the most straight forward out of all the roles in that fight but that doesn't make it easy, well played seriously. Oh and if you can't tell the difference between me and Corey sometimes, remember he's the one with anger issues I'm a little calmer =)

Yeah, was such a good raid. We got super unlucky on a couple of Deathsingers and Oryx tries. Would wave been 1 hour less. Thanks all for sticking till midnight and killing Oryx and thanks for explaining Oryx fight, I think we got the strat really fast with at least 2 new players at this point.

Yeah everybody was in sync really fast. The mechanics of the fight are easy when you think about it, it's just so unforgiving the smallest of mistakes typically results in a wipe. I shudder to think what they have planned for us in hard mode.

Soldato
Anyone fancy doing a quick VoG and Crota raid run on either Friday or Saturday? Just so I can get i to the raid mindset while I get my Light up to a decent level enough to start being able to apply to the Dreadnaught raid. Plus it'll give me a chance to see the old content.

1. TehBluebear

Soldato
290 is fine, ignore the e-p33n wavers that say you need more. Most important thing is being able to pipe up and ask when you don't understand the mechanics...as long as everyone understands each role in each fight it's pretty straightforward.

Being 295 really helps with the last fight as its straight DPS for a decent part of the fight, if your not doing enough damage you won't get through and its recommend light 300.

Man of Honour
1) PsychoSonny
2) MachM82
3) Greboth
4) DaveyPitch
5) Matthew
6) Turbo

So are you guys on tonight to try to finish this off? Had loads of fun last night, and that Golgoroth finish was about as close as you can make it. No idea why I was doing so much damage on the bosses, my sniper was absolutely beasting them at times! I guess triple tap giving me extra bullets really helps out there.

Edit: Actually, the daily mission is the Black Spindle mission. That'll be my priority tonight above everything. Getting that will make the raid easier hopefully!

Associate
Looks like I have family coming over tonight so don't think I'll be able to make it, sorry. I'll be about on Thursday but if you can find a sub for tonight then they might as well have my spot so you can get it finished.

Last edited:
Soldato

I think e-p33n is part of it though I think most people recommend higher because it makes the Oryx fight that little bit easier.

1) middgen
2) OweO
3) Greboth
4)
5)
6)

I am up for this, I have run up to the witches on my warlock so shall bring my titan. I am currently 294/295 so should be alright but I am off work tomorrow so I should be able to get a decent artifact and some armour so hopefully will be higher. After last night I have over 20 mouldering shards so I need to kick Oryx's behind.

1) PsychoSonny
2) MachM82
3) Greboth
4) DaveyPitch
5) Matthew
6) Turbo

So are you guys on tonight to try to finish this off? Had loads of fun last night, and that Golgoroth finish was about as close as you can make it. No idea why I was doing so much damage on the bosses, my sniper was absolutely beasting them at times! I guess triple tap giving me extra bullets really helps out there.

Yeah I am up for trying to finish it. As above, I have over 20 mouldering shards so really want to finish it now - comon double drop.

Edit for your Edit: ooooooo black spindle, count me in if you have a space.

Last edited:
Soldato
...Oh and if you can't tell the difference between me and Corey sometimes, remember he's the one with anger issues I'm a little calmer =)
I thought we'd lost him after he fell from the platforms on the last Oryx circuit then went really quiet. :D

We did use a lot of time fannying about looking for chests and calcified fragments and considering a few of us hadn't seen all of the sections of the raid before it was a decent run. We could knock a huge chunk of time off that and I reckon it won't be long until we're just blasting through it wondering what all the fuss was about.

Plus after we finished I collected my 50 hadium flakes and am on to the last part of the Eris quest for the exotic scout. I hear that thing absolutely wrecks the witches and Oryx, more so than even black spindle.

Soldato
Anyone fancy doing a quick VoG and Crota raid run on either Friday or Saturday? Just so I can get i to the raid mindset while I get my Light up to a decent level enough to start being able to apply to the Dreadnaught raid. Plus it'll give me a chance to see the old content.

1. TehBluebear

Happy to run through VoG and Crota with you :)

PSN is OweO

Happy to be resident Relic / Sword runner on both.

EDIT: Mid_Gen - I am definitely on for Thursday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom