• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Batman™: Arkham Knight Performance

Soldato
I think its safe to say this game fixed?

Batmobile performance test - Without gameworks

Just thought for fun I'd do a little comparison running everything at max at 1080P minus the Gameworks debris and smoke to keep it fair with a 290X that you're running, FPS in the top left -

EDIT

Big ole nadgers, Didn't see it was 1440P, Epic fail on my part :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I know I just saw, Epic flail on my part :p

Must have been looking at someone else'.

Back in a mo with a 1440P test, Just curious to see the performance difference :)

i'll stand no chance vs a 980ti stock never mind 1500 core clock :D but i'll be interested too see.. i'll unlock frame rate later can you go past 90?

edit
again am only running a 290 not x @1030/1250

Soldato
i'll stand no chance vs a 980ti stock never mind 1500 core clock :D but i'll be interested too see.. i'll unlock frame rate later can you go past 90?

edit
again am only running a 290 not x @1030/1250

Damn I need glasses haha :p

I have my ingame FPS cap in the menu set to 143 via an ini file edit so I'm always under the G-Sync max :)

Soldato
Ok can you point me to the file you edit?

To remove the cap you need to edit the BmSystemSettings.ini found in the folder: STEAM_INSTALL_FOLDER\Batman Arkham Knight\BmGame\Config

Open the BmSystemSettings.ini file in a text editor and search for "Max_FPS=30". Once you've found this entry simply change it to read "Max_FPS=144". Save and exit.

When you next load up the game you'll have have a new max frame rate :)

Soldato
To remove the cap you need to edit the BmSystemSettings.ini found in the folder: STEAM_INSTALL_FOLDER\Batman Arkham Knight\BmGame\Config

Open the BmSystemSettings.ini file in a text editor and search for "Max_FPS=30". Once you've found this entry simply change it to read "Max_FPS=144". Save and exit.

When you next load up the game you'll have have a new max frame rate :)

Done thanks :D

@1080p you like double my frame rate lol

My frame rate ranges from 45fps to 80fps

Last edited:
Associate
Played this game on a 290XM laptop with an i7-something. Game plays between 50-60FPS (FRTC enabled) which is fine I suppose. Experience stuttering when in the batmobile. Playing on medium to high settings with Gameworks features off.

A lot better than launch but driving is still a ballache. Even gliding through some parts of the city or particle heavy scenes cause some stuttering.

Soldato
Just did some testing and performance is for sure much much improved even with full gameworks features enabled. That said smoke is still a fps killer. I tried my old 640 gt as a dedicated physx card and with full on gameworks effects the fps is less than half hovering between 24-30fps :p yet if i disable only smoke i actually gain around 10-15% against my 980ti handling physx alone.

Now i have a 560ti i would like to test but nope nvidia wont let me because noo wddm 2.0 drivers available for fermi :(.. thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom