*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Caporegime
Well looks like the update hasn't landed, loaded it up and asked me to agree to some sort of agreement but didn't see anything get downloaded. Went to tower and no sparrow races available or any new yr2 new exotics.

Unless I'm missing something :confused:

Ahh right ok so got to level up 5 more times then lol

Soldato
Well looks like the update hasn't landed, loaded it up and asked me to agree to some sort of agreement but didn't see anything get downloaded. Went to tower and no sparrow races available or any new yr2 new exotics.

Unless I'm missing something :confused:

Ahh right ok so got to level up 5 more times then lol

Close the game and re-open it...that triggered the download for me.

Soldato
It's about 700MB, shouldn't take long once it's done the CRC checking or whatever the 'preparing to download' is.

Not sure, I've always wondered what it was that takes that long, I would have assumed they just do an MD5 checksum before and after too ensure things are in order but who knows. I have noticed however it normal ends up with a big chunk already downloaded.

Caporegime
Yay got my yr2 bones, infused it with my vermilion boots which were at 303 and brought the boots up to 298. Hasn't really affected my light level, from 314 it's dropped to 311.

Knowing my luck I'll get them to drop at 310 in an nf or ToC drop:p.

Soldato
3 of Coins are now applicable in Crucible playlists at match completions

ToC in Crucible, now I never need PVE sweet :D. Shotguns are nerf'd (A bit to far) HC should work hopefully looking forward too thing.

Exotic Collector's Edition class armor may now be Infused and now has the Life Exotic perk to permit use with other Exotic Armor

We can finally use these now FFS bungie took your sweet time with that one.

Achlyophage Symbiote

Time you can have golden gun active is reduced

RIP

Last edited:
Soldato
Managed to peel myself away from Xenoblade for a minutes earlier and bought my beloved MIDA. Feels exactly like it did from year one which is good. :)

Dragon's Breath looks like it has had a complete perk overhaul. Unfortunately they have also changed its blast radius from "useful" to "er was that a rocket or a slightly loud fart". Hopefully the revised Exotic perk makes up for it.

Sparrow racing seems good fun. Won my first race which made me smile (I normally crash into everything). Would definitely be up for some fireteam fun on that.

Makes a nice change.

Soldato
Well this weeks challenge I think was an actual challenge.

Not sure how most of you guys have done it but this strategy worked for our group on Hard Mode "eventually" (when we got timing done right) :

Do one orb strat (left front orb) as normal but at 10 seconds second gazer taker takes up position back right near the adept plinth and then takes gaze.

At that point rotate gaze forward (front left - where first gaze holder was) and back (back right - where second gaze taker was) between 3 - 5 gaze taker.

Once it gets to the sixth gaze taker everyone else takes front right orb and then hits golgorath with everything they have as well as handle thrall. During the 5 second countdown everyone leaves the puddle for safety.

Then rinse and repeat. Managed to do this in just over 3 full team cycles. (two hive, one taken) and then just throwing shoes at him at the start of the fourth round :D. Unfortunately I was hoping for some chest armour but got some more gauntlets which I didn't need :(.

So just need to complete old oryx again on hard mode now to try and get some better chest armour/ primary weapon. (have a cp here if anyone fancies it this week)

So based on how the current challenges have run, is it safe to assume that the oryx challenge mode (assuming it will be oryx) will be different relic runners for each of the bomb phases? Or maybe they will mix it up and make the running clockwise rather than counter clockwise?

Caporegime
You managed to get it done then Dave?? Good stuff, sorry I had to bail but I had to get some sleep as I had a very early start.

I'll have to try and get the challenge done at some point this week myself but thanks for the invite, at least I understand the mechanics of the challenge. The strat you guys ran last night wasn't too difficult to run, just couldn't get the timing right. But glad to hear u finally got it done though :).

Soldato
Good run last night, got my 320 boots finally.

We did the same strat, one bubble, just passed the gaze round all 6 on each one and did the rest as normal, 4 rotations I think.

Looking forward to Oryx next week :cool:

Associate
Good run last night, got my 320 boots finally.

We did the same strat, one bubble, just passed the gaze round all 6 on each one and did the rest as normal, 4 rotations I think.

Looking forward to Oryx next week :cool:

Yep good run, it a shame they gave out another 320 artifact, but then I suppose they have to keep you coming back for more :p Almost had him down in three rotations :D had a slither of health left for the fourth run.

I think we can gather that from the previous two challenges, Oryx is going to be different runners per rotation, as it seems bungie want everyone on the team to do the main jobs at least once.

Soldato
Yeah definitely going to be different runners. Can't really think of any other requirements they could add. Shouldn't be too bad as you only need 4 runners so two people get to avoid it :)

Hopefully they'll require 4 dead knights per round and kill off that stupid no knight strategy!

Back
Top Bottom