1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by ps3ud0, Sep 21, 2014.

1. BF-Bert

Wise Guy

Kingsfall Challenge is so last year, sparrow racing is where the cool kids hang out.

2. Paul_M

Hitman

Not going to happen,as challenge mode is both NM & HM, it wont effect the knights. But with everyone's light level getting higher there is no need to do the no-knight strat :p

3. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Ah yeah true...I guess it's just gonna be different runners. Unless they up the ante a bit and make everyone run the relic which will mean deliberately skipping bombs and doing six rounds of 3 detonations.

4. Fallen god

Soldato

I think they need a challengererer mode where its basically super hard too do and instead of items they give you some cosmetic stuff. Like an awesome shader for doing the super hard more and better looking version of weapons and so on.

5. Makhaira

Mobster

Does level matter at all for raiding? Can't run HM yet, and want to run KF more than once a week, so I was wondering about gearing up a second Titan to let me run twice. Just wondering if I need to spend hours grinding to 40 or if I can just create a character and shift the gear over...

EDIT: Ah, so it does. Ah well.

Who's up for a KF NM Raid this Friday? Say 8pm?

1. Makhaira_

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  6. Phog

Mobster

It will in that your high light level gear will require level 40 to be equipped, I suspect.

7. davetherave2

Mobster

If you are planning to set up a second character of the same type just get them to level 40 (if you have a spark of light instant level 25 otherwise it will be a bit of a grind approx. 16 - 20 hours I think it took me solo from 0 - 40. If you get a higher level player to help you with hard mode story missions you get the bonus xp while they kill everything which should help reduce that grind time) and then swap gear between characters. Level does matter in terms of being able to equip most of the better gear at level 40 but it is more light level that affects your raiding potential.

I think the levels are 290/310 for KF. Even sub 310 (say 305 - 309) on hard mode you can pretty much get up to Oryx if you have a strong enough team around you (say 311 - 315's). At sub 311 you will see orange bar ads on oryx which can be a bit challenging.

R0gue - Yeah finally managed it a couple of runs after you left. Having a couple of guys with spindles at 320 always helps :D.

8. Makhaira

Mobster

Yea I've got a spark so I can use that to help things along. Keen to get off my training wheels and hit 310+ really!

9. Yas786

Caporegime

Good stuff mate, glad u got it done. May call on u when I get round to doing it myself. And yes my 317 spindle was hitting about 130k on each crit hit so I imagine a 320 spindle was taking chunks out.

10. Yas786

Caporegime

As for oryx on HM?? Yeh anything less than 310 u will struggle, I'm a 312 hunter and I struggle with the Oryx fight but that's probably due to the fact that the last few teams I've been in haven't managed to do it. Sadly something always goes wrong and we have to wipe, after about 10 wipes you kinda get tired of it.

In fact I'm so damn fed up of oryx that I'll run a HM up to oryx and call it a day lol. Doesn't help when u post for a game on 100 and say u need to be 310+ for the fight and you get some fool who joins at 306 and doesn't understand the knight strat or no knight strat. And I hate booting people off, got a guilty conscience lol.

11. TehBluebear

Mobster

Didn't know you were from this area! East or West?

It's been yonks since I raided, and I do want to give HM a go at some point, just need to get my light up. Need the bloody Kingslayer shell!

12. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Knight Watcher strat, 315+ light....Oryx is a pussycat now :) Pretty much eliminated mechanical risk...only problem is usually the occasional brain-fade moment (usually me because I'm an hour ahead and falling asleep, running to the wrong bomb like a spaz :D)

Makes a big difference having a regular group though.

13. A[L]C

Soldato

Will be running the HM challenge tonight on xbone if anyone is around from about 9.30

14. Fallen god

Soldato

Yeah we just rip through Oryx now, normally we have 1/2 messes up at the start then just smooth running.

15. Yas786

Caporegime

Yep that's the thing, I've been with 4-5 groups and a few of them have done it but it's the others that screw it up for the rest of us. I understand the whole mechs of no knight and knight strat's. Just wish everyone else in the fireteam would understand it to.

Like I said I'll keep trying but I'm not going to go out of my way to get him down. Knowing my luck I'll get sweet FA :p

16. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Knight watcher strategy ftw....makes things so much simpler. Everybody has one, simple job and just concentrates on doing their one job each cycle.

Plate guys never get hit by adds or Oryx (well, maybe a bit if you're Turbo, Oryx likes him).
    Ogres die where they spawn.
    All adds are dead before detonating bombs.
    Knight and ogre dudes are safe on their platform with a bubble.

There's very little scope for deaths....main cause of wipes is usually the shade slam. We can usually kill it before the slam now though :)

17. A[L]C

Soldato

18. LackyT

Wise Guy

Agreed, everything obviously gets easier with the repetition / level increase too. When I first started doing the knights it was a little sketchy, but now I'm consistent and we have the timing etc down, so my main problem is having enough special ammo :D

19. Makhaira

Mobster

Going to run the exotic sword strike tonight at 8 if anyone else needs it.

20. mid_gen

Sgarrista

How'd you guys get on with the raid last night? I just had a half hour or so to do some sparrow races.

Looks like I'm gonna be free this evening, and I still have the Golgoroth CP on my hunter if anyone wants to knock out the challenge again....