• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Caporegime
Windows SMT issue ^^^

There is either something fishy going on or its a motherboard thing joker is on the gigabyte 5 board i see reviews with issues are on msi / asus need to varify this ...

tbh i am not sure what is going on ...its such a shame really as i want AMD to do well as they have something great here with Ryzen but some of these reviews is not doing them any good ...

Again i think RyZen will get its chance once more, when the 4 and 6 core chips are launched the reviews will be on fixed and mature boards, and hopefully a Ryzen Windows patch.

Associate
For some reason he's done DX11 on the Ryzen and DX12 on the i7 in tomb raider. That just seems extremely odd and obviously will favour one over the other as DX12 is multi-threaded which can be seen clearly with the i7 pegged at 100% cpu most of the time.

hang on he is benching a game comparing CPU's but he is running them on different API's ?

Caporegime
lets hope so

I'd buy the 6 core now if it existed based on Jokers properly working setup.
Yes RavenXXX2 i know there are higher Frame rate differences in a couple of places in a couple of runs even in that review, i did see that, but with a 1.1Ghz Clock speed advantage to that 7700K i'm not surprised, and its nothing like 200 FPS, its not even close to 100 FPS... stop trolling.

The only thing i am surprised about is how in most cases in a completely CPU bound 720P actually the 1700 is keeping up with the 7700K despite a 1.1Ghz clock deficit.

Soldato
I'd buy the 6 core now if it existed based on Jokers properly working setup.
Yes RavenXXX2 i know there are higher Frame rate differences in a couple of places in a couple of runs even in that review, i did see that, but with a 1.1Ghz Clock speed advantage to that 7700K i'm not surprised, and its nothing like 200 FPS, its not even close to 100 FPS... stop trolling.

The only thing i am surprised about is how in most cases in a completely CPU bound 720P actually the 1700 is keeping up with the 7700K despite a 1.1Ghz clock deficit.

GnJCeQf.jpg

My bad 100 fps.

Soldato
GnJCeQf.jpg

My bad 100 fps.

And the GTX1080 is snoring.

Why you take as a gospel a completely unreal scenario? Why 720p and not 1080p?
What was the difference on the most common resolution??????
2 fps, exactly the same scene at 1080p........
Capture_zpse2vpjx22.png

Soldato

(iwill post the image sec)

It's snoring because the zen can't keep up. And yes its perfectly valid way to test CPU performance for gaming removing the GPU as the bottleneck. Of course at normal rez things a closer but it goes to show how far zen is behind.

Associate
Those of you who have had items dispatched from OcUK today, have you had a dispatch email? My order for a 1700 says "Sent/ready for collection" but no email as yet. Hopefully it's just being slow.

Caporegime

(iwill post the image sec)

Its snoring because its bottlenecked, RavenXXX2 is right, but he is also hyperboling it, its one game and AMD themselves have said some games need optimising, mostly right now game performance is near par with the 7700K, it will only improve.
RavenXXX2 is just being a #####

Soldato
Its snoring because its bottlenecked, he's right, but he's also hyperboling it, its one game and AMD themselves have said some games need optimising, mostly right now the performance is near par with the 7700K

1080p, exactly same scene. 2fps difference. If we move to 2560x1440 I bet that won't going to be a valid score, because the 7700K loses?
Look at the CPU usage mate. I can run 2 games on the Ryzen CPU.......
Capture_zpse2vpjx22.png

Associate
Its snoring because its bottlenecked, RavenXXX2 is right, but he is also hyperboling it, its one game and AMD themselves have said some games need optimising, mostly right now the performance is near par with the 7700K, RavenXXX2 is just being a #####

we need to list a whole host of gaming videos side by side. you cant pick one screenshot in one game and draw a comparison like above, just like you cant say theyre on par... suppose we'll know over the coming weeks

Back
Top Bottom