****LG G6****

Soldato
To be honest I think they made a good choice. Raw power isn't really needed and will save them money not using the latest chip.

There is more to an SOC than just processing power. Power consumption being the most important but also image processing (for the cameras), hardware video encoding/decoding, quick charging, etc

Associate
I stand corrected, Is the Sony coming out before the S8 or after ?
After, S8 will the first to market with the 835.

Except They didn't as Sony are using it in their new handset.

All early inventory has been taken up by Samsung according to reports...yes Sony are using it in their device but Sony will not be releasing before the S8 does.
Which is why LG isnt using the 835, as they wanted to get out onto the market before Samsung.

IIRC Sony have stated the non 835 devices will arrive in April and the XZ Premium not until Late Spring, which will probably turn into Summer.
And judging by hands on reports from MWC about the XZ Premium the device stilll has a long way to go anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is more to an SOC than just processing power. Power consumption being the most important but also image processing (for the cameras), hardware video encoding/decoding, quick charging, etc
Power consumption means sod all when the time the power is used is usually equal to screen on time, and the screen will destroy the battery at a massively greater speed than the SOC.

Of course the 835 will be more powerful, but then it will be pumped up in speed terms which will negate the vast majority of efficiency gains.

hux

hux

Soldato
I'm waiting for the V30, so long as it's similar to the V20 just with the 835, better cam and same or better sceen and sd support then I'm in.

Can't believe they're gimping the G6 with just 32gb, don't they want to sell the thing?!

Soldato
Hilarious pricing for a 2016 phone. sooner LG give up on the smartphone market the better as they clearly have no idea what they are doing. shame as aesthetically its a good looking phone.

Caporegime
£700!!

Mobile companies are going mental. It sounds like the Xperia ZXS might be around £700 as well!? For the same phone as last year but i slightly better camera.

I will just pick up a cheap Chinese brand phone at this rate for a bout a third of the price.

Soldato
Raw CPU power and tonnes of RAM really won't make much of a difference though over the OS which isn't really all that different from what it was last year.

Its really not needed.

hux

hux

Soldato
When will these companies learn, people will just jump ship to the chinese phone makers.

£700 just extracts the urine, when a cheap chinese phone will give you 90% of what you're after for a third of the price.
Not to mention Xiaomi will be using their sabre chipset in the Mi5c which should be interesting.

Soldato
OP
Why would anybody spend £700 on this phone when you can get the OP3T for £400? Sure this phone has a couple of improved things like the camera and screen resolution but it's not £300 better.

Associate
When will these companies learn, people will just jump ship to the chinese phone makers.

£700 just extracts the urine, when a cheap chinese phone will give you 90% of what you're after for a third of the price.
Not to mention Xiaomi will be using their sabre chipset in the Mi5c which should be interesting.

Most people won't jump ship to the Chinese phone makers unless they are available through the usual channels. They just buy iPhones, Samsungs or whatever on contract from their local phone shops and they will buy the LG if contract prices are attractive.

Soldato
While I don't generally get upset by products I'm unlikely to purchase, this phone has faintly irritated me. It could have been an excellent, well-rounded device, but instead it's overpriced and with bad localisation of features.

I read an article the other day where some head honcho type at LG was interviewed about the missing features, and the response was along the lines of "well, you know, we hold our hands up, but just, you know, lol".

It wasn't a malicious response, but the bloke just looked silly.

Back
Top Bottom