• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You getting one TNA or waiting for Vega?
Not even sure I am getting Vega yet Greg. If Vega disappoints I will be getting a Volta. If say Cyberpunk 2077 or Star Citizen was out or coming soon I would get a 1080Ti, but not getting it just for Prey, which is only thing I am currently interested in that is coming out soon.

Associate
I had a look at the 1080 review round-ups, the least noisey from the 1080 generation were (in order)

1.Palit Gamerock Premium - 34.4db
2.MSI Gaming X - 34.7db
3.Zotac Amp Extreme - 35.1db

1080 Flounders Edition - 41.4db.

My Gainward GLH is pretty damn silent. No issues whatsoever, doesnt eally bother me to much unless its starts to sound like a vacuum cleaner.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Because I wanted a 1080ti it's too funny? Why is that so funny? Doesn't matter. Just move on.
It was funny because I read what feels like dozens of your posts where you went out of your way to say you was keeping your 1080 and gave justification as to why.

You are right, it does not matter, you are the one getting upset and dwelling on it. I never said anything bad did I? :p

Yep lets move on, if you do get it, enjoy :)

Associate
Because I wanted a 1080ti it's too funny? Why is that so funny? Doesn't matter. Just move on.

As TNA said, it's not the fact that you are seriously considering getting a 1080Ti is amusing. It's just because you persistently posted that you will not get one unlike most other posters. No hard feelings.

Again, if you do get one I hope you enjoy it :)

Associate
anyone gonna buy 2 1080 ti's ???

im considering it as ive always had sli from day one with all my previous cards, just thinking performance will be same same as a single set up coz there wont be any drivers to utilise both cards?

Associate

im considering it as ive always had sli from day one with all my previous cards, just thinking performance will be same same as a single set up coz there wont be any drivers to utilise both cards?

for someone with a lifetime experience with SLI, one would think you would be giving advice.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
As TNA said, it's not the fact that you are seriously considering getting a 1080Ti is amusing. It's just because you persistently posted that you will not get one unlike most other posters. No hard feelings.

Again, if you do get one I hope you enjoy it :)

Thanks for the backup RanxZy. I knew I was not the only me and Ayahuasca who saw this :)

for someone with a lifetime experience with SLI, one would think you would be giving advice.

+1 :p

But my advice would be just get one card, unless games you specifically play use(s) SLI and does so very well. For example when you get your first 1080Ti, if you feel it is not an improvement over you 1080 SLI, then this would be an good indication you may want to get one more :)

Oh and try not to look at the fps counter too much, look at smoothness of the game. Some people do not understand how these things work and only look at fps. SLI may give one more fps, yet that does not always translate into smoother gaming experience.

All that said I get the feeling you will just buy a two 1080Ti and be back here again asking the same question when the 2080 hit's in less than 12 months again, as I am sure I gave you this advice in the past :p;)

Associate

I've pre-ordered 2. I've been buying 2 since the Kepler 680. I currently own 2 1080s and I feel that 2 1080 Tis will allow me to max out any game at 4K. This is not currently possible with 2 1080s.
Where SLI is not supported, 1 1080 Ti will do the job (RE7, CoD IW).

So, in my opinion, if you have the cash, 2 Tis are well worth it.

Caporegime
Not even sure I am getting Vega yet Greg. If Vega disappoints I will be getting a Volta. If say Cyberpunk 2077 or Star Citizen was out or coming soon I would get a 1080Ti, but not getting it just for Prey, which is only thing I am currently interested in that is coming out soon.
Fair one.

Soldato
I've pre-ordered 2. I've been buying 2 since the Kepler 680. I currently own 2 1080s and I feel that 2 1080 Tis will allow me to max out any game at 4K. This is not currently possible with 2 1080s.
Where SLI is not supported, 1 1080 Ti will do the job (RE7, CoD IW).

So, in my opinion, if you have the cash, 2 Tis are well worth it.

The question remains though, why do you want to max any game at 4k 60hz compared to 1440p 120hz+ for less than half the cost. I can't see any upgrade being worthwhile from the latter with gsync until 4k 120hz+ hdr.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The question remains though, why do you want to max any game at 4k 60hz compared to 1440p 120hz+ for less than half the cost. I can't see any upgrade being worthwhile from the latter with gsync until 4k 120hz+ hdr.
4K is awesome if you like your graphics (IQ). I saw such an increase in IQ vs 1440p myself personally. Love the sharpness. Some prefer it to be super duper smooth instead at 100fps+ though.

Also, do not get confused between 4K on a big ass TV vs a small 27" or 32" monitor. Huge difference in DPI!

Associate
No dual link DVI kills the 1080 ti for me. I didn't want to buy one anyway but man alive was it tempting. Shame really.

Some of the renders (e.g. Asus) of the custom cooled 1080ti cards have a DVI port = let's hope that the final versions also come with this as I'm stuck on DVI as the DP has major issues on the Dell U2711

Associate

I really appreciate nice visual. I love sharpness and don't like aliasing.
I like the recent temporal AA implementations.

Besides, there's no going back to 1440p after playing in 4K for 2 years. The difference is night and day.

Furthermore, I'm fine at 60 FPS with Vsynch in single player games. They feel really smooth. I don't need more FPS.

I'm also sensitive to FPS fluctuations, and don't like when FPS dip below 60.

To summarize, I like playing my games locked at 60 FPS, in 4K, maxed out and without jaggies.

Back
Top Bottom