VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

Associate
Press reported and game bundle came with $200 off the Samsung monitor. While I agree they have been really bad at communicating pricing $200 is more than £50 or £100 even with post brexit exchange

The monitor can be bought at £739 without any gpu so not seeing the bundle saving even with a card at £549.

A
Your maths is wrong, the monitor bundles has no discount or price added, it takes the price of the components from webshop, so your either doing it wrong or our website is.

The advantage of the bundles is they have free games.

AMD's launch plan was:

$499 - NO games for a set amount of cards (NOW SOLD OUT)
$599 - Black and Silver with games
$699 - Aqua with games

The monitor and other bundles use the black card which was priced at £449 for launch (£100 discount), the pre-allocated amount sold out so these are now back to the regular £549 ($599) price but now include the games. But at the time monitor, plus card and games was £1249.99, the saving was the £100 discounted already from the card, but the bonus was the advantage of getting free games. I tried to explain this in the OP.

Now the card is £549, back to normal price (MSRP is $599, the $499 MSRP is launch MSRP for set amount, irrelevant what people believe this is the case and stock has come direct from Sapphire/AMD, they set my buy prices and well selling at $499 loses money unless AMD support it which they did for a set amount which is now sold) As such the price is now £1299, so its only gone up £50 whereas the card went up £100 as Samsung are supporting rebate when sold as a bundle.

So its cheaper than you can buy separately (£550 +£800 = £1350 and no games), the bundle is £1299 with free games. So either you can't add up, or just like myself and most people and customers are highly confused by exactly what AMD have done for this launch, LOL! ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
Press reported and game bundle came with $200 off the Samsung monitor. While I agree they have been really bad at communicating pricing $200 is more than £50 or £100 even with post brexit exchange

The monitor can be bought at £739 without any gpu so not seeing the bundle saving even with a card at £549.

A

Not from OcUK, I am not interested in pricing elsewhere, the prices I stated were OcUK.
Plus did anywhere else in the UK even offer the VEGA Black + Samsung 34" with FREE gamers at £1249 in stock, I think were the only reseller who bothered to do the bundle. Then Samsung UK was not offering $200, not even close, but the AMD site does state monitor/rebate varies region to region.

Associate
Not from OcUK, I am not interested in pricing elsewhere, the prices I stated were OcUK.

Fair enough you are entitled to charge what you wish and can get away with it is a business after all.

Shortest launch in history if launch pricing lasted less than 1 hour.

Guessing miners bought up the stock. Reviews show it as a poor card generally anyway so gamers should shop green if it was me. Real shame as AMD cpu launch was much better.

I wasn't in the market for a new GPU but I do resent inflation in the market which only serves to make gamers poorer

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, are we really looking at next month for more stock? :(

Sapphire told me September 10th, I have being talking to AMD all afternoon regarding more stock and the whole confusion regarding the pricing and the launch pricing and how much confusion it has caused people. We've followed AMD's launch plan to the LETTER! Yet people think OcUK is trying to rip them off, where all were doing is as per AMD guidelines, we continue selling at £449 we lose huge money, SIMPLES!

OcUK Staff
OP
Fair enough you are entitled to charge what you wish and can get away with it is a business after all.

Shortest launch in history if launch pricing lasted less than 1 hour.

Guessing miners bought up the stock. Reviews show it as a poor card generally anyway so gamers should shop green if it was me. Real shame as AMD cpu launch was much better.

I wasn't in the market for a new GPU but I do resent inflation in the market which only serves to make gamers poorer

Limited to 1pc per customer, did not see many repeat order attempts, some customers did buy 2-3 at first, miners unknown as the rumours of 70-100 hash seem far fetched that an AIB mentioned, seems more around 40 hash which to me makes no sense why miners would want it unless its particular good at some other coin, would not be surprised as some miners buy Ryzen CPU's to mine specific coins, but thankfully on Ryzen AMD can supply the volume.

I think gamers have taken all this up, AMD have a lot of loyal customers who are still using likes of 290X/390X and even older stuff like 7970 etc. who wanted an upgrade path but wanted to stay with AMD.
Not all customers want what forums want, can be quite the opposite.

Soldato
FYI i’m grateful to you for all you’ve done. Me missing out is down to my bank and i’m unhappy with them but big purchases can trigger card blocks.

I do think AMD haven’t been clear though, and that the cards are far more competitive at £450 than £550 given performance. That’s just a side effect of the 1080 at £450 sadly, you need to price to compete especially if you’re a year late to the fight.

Underboss
Sapphire told me September 10th, I have being talking to AMD all afternoon regarding more stock and the whole confusion regarding the pricing and the launch pricing and how much confusion it has caused people. We've followed AMD's launch plan to the LETTER! Yet people think OcUK is trying to rip them off, where all were doing is as per AMD guidelines, we continue selling at £449 we lose huge money, SIMPLES!

@Gibbo, you cant do any better than that !!

Thank you for your hard work

OcUK Staff
OP
FYI i’m grateful to you for all you’ve done. Me missing out is down to my bank and i’m unhappy with them but big purchases can trigger card blocks.

I do think AMD haven’t been clear though, and that the cards are far more competitive at £450 than £550 given performance. That’s just a side effect of the 1080 at £450 sadly, you need to price to compete especially if you’re a year late to the fight.

AMD have being told by me, stand alone cards, need to be £449 for VEGA 64 and £349 for VEGA 56, permanently, not just for launch or restricted to a certain volume but permanent. They are worried about miners but we can alleviate that with 1pc per customer, hell I'd even set up voucher codes if AMD wanted it off the radar so loyal customers and forum members could bag 1pc at the LAUNCH pricing. I will keep pushing, because at £449 VEGA 64 is a fantastic bit of kit and VEGA 56 at £349 bargain of the century.

I will push AMD very hard to make this happen, but for it to happen AMD need to support it, because without their support we would make a horrific loss and well if we lose money, then we'd be better off not selling it, FULL STOP! Won't stop pushing because at such prices they will fly, but then on the flip side AMD need to be able to give me like 10,000 units minimum to keep the product in stock and keep with demand.

But we won't stop pushing, I think to be frank AMD are a little shocked with how fast our stock went, I think they themselves have under-estimated how many gamers there still is on HD 5xxx, 6xxx, 7xxx and 290/390 series who wanted and do still want to upgrade to a card from AMD either because they are loyal, like AMD or have a FREESYNC monitor or are planning a FREESYNC monitor purchase.

End of the day there is a huge amount of FREESYNC monitors, some of them very nice, like the 49" Samsung and of course the OcUK killer deal on the LG 34" at £389 :)

Associate
I do agree freesync was a good move and there are some good freesync deals available. Nvidia gsync isn't worth the premium over freesync

AMD have being told by me, stand alone cards, need to be £449 for VEGA 64 and £349 for VEGA 56, permanently, not just for launch or restricted to a certain volume but permanent. They are worried about miners but we can alleviate that with 1pc per customer, hell I'd even set up voucher codes if AMD wanted it off the radar so loyal customers and forum members could bag 1pc at the LAUNCH pricing. I will keep pushing, because at £449 VEGA 64 is a fantastic bit of kit and VEGA 56 at £349 bargain of the century.

I will push AMD very hard to make this happen, but for it to happen AMD need to support it, because without their support we would make a horrific loss and well if we lose money, then we'd be better off not selling it, FULL STOP! Won't stop pushing because at such prices they will fly, but then on the flip side AMD need to be able to give me like 10,000 units minimum to keep the product in stock and keep with demand.

But we won't stop pushing, I think to be frank AMD are a little shocked with how fast our stock went, I think they themselves have under-estimated how many gamers there still is on HD 5xxx, 6xxx, 7xxx and 290/390 series who wanted and do still want to upgrade to a card from AMD either because they are loyal, like AMD or have a FREESYNC monitor or are planning a FREESYNC monitor purchase.

End of the day there is a huge amount of FREESYNC monitors, some of them very nice, like the 49" Samsung and of course the OcUK killer deal on the LG 34" at £389 :)

Associate

if its any more than 350 for the 56, il be ditching the freesync as ive been stuck on a 290 for god knows how long.

Back
Top Bottom