WHICH Z370 MOTHERBOARD ARE YOU CHOOSING AND WHY?

Soldato
i chose the gaming 7 by gigabyte for a few reasons,

sound blaster on board
i have the older gaming 7 and its been superb (also has the sound blaster audio)
addressable rgb header
dual bios
bling...

it comes with a very slim rgb strip as well to play with..

Yup. Mine is coming in 2 hours. My 8700k has been lonely:)

Looking forward to that £40 steam voucher as well:D

Associate
OP
Asus ROG Maximus x Hero (Wi-Fi AC) should arrive with me tomorrow or so. It was a toss up between this and the Gaming 7 but I wanted onboard Wi-Fi/Bluetooth so the Hero won in the end.

the hero 9 mono blocks fits on the hero x aswell according to ekwb which is good news.

Soldato
Asus ROG Maximus x Hero (Wi-Fi AC) should arrive with me tomorrow or so. It was a toss up between this and the Gaming 7 but I wanted onboard Wi-Fi/Bluetooth so the Hero won in the end.

I really wanted the Formula,but couldn't wait. Don't have a case for it yet, but going to install windows 10 on it without a case . This way it's all ready when it comes:)

Associate
No one has mentioned asrock Taichi here which surprises me. It's doing 4K plus mems xmp without issue. Which is better than most. It's efficient and is not as expensive as some. I used it in a lot of my testing and it's working great.

Have a 8700k on way and would love a Tiachi...any word on a release date? :rolleyes:
Was close to getting a ryzen with the Tiachi board but held out til coffee, I just hope I don't have to twiddle my thumbs for too long looking at the cpu box.

My second option would be a hero with wifi but can't see that either :o

Soldato
My new Gigabyte z370 Gaming 7. This is my setup atm. The board is amazing looking in person. Looking for new case ASAP
https://postimg.org/image/2oynjwls3f/

damn that looks good!
hows the OC going ?

since you've got a cooler master AIO, thought about the Maker 5T
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cool...lack-red-tempered-glass-window-ca-36f-cm.html

another two sweet cases are bequiet 900 Pro
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/be-q...0-full-tower-gaming-case-black-ca-11b-bq.html

and the lian li's PC-O11 - love this case
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian-li-pc-o11wxc-midi-tower-black-window-ca-764-ll.html

Associate
Hi all

Sorry is this has already been mentioned in this thread .....
Im looking to put a PC together and having difficulty choosing between Ryzen and Coffeelake.
Im leaning more towards a cheap and cheerful 8400 Coffeelake due to ( could be wrong ) less of an issue with memory choice , would i be right in thinking that ?
With it being a 8400 id rather not have to buy expensive ram if i can help it.

Cheers

PS i was looking at the Asrock ITX board as id like a small pc for the living room

Soldato
Hi all

Sorry is this has already been mentioned in this thread .....
Im looking to put a PC together and having difficulty choosing between Ryzen and Coffeelake.
Im leaning more towards a cheap and cheerful 8400 Coffeelake due to ( could be wrong ) less of an issue with memory choice , would i be right in thinking that ?
With it being a 8400 id rather not have to buy expensive ram if i can help it.

Cheers

PS i was looking at the Asrock ITX board as id like a small pc for the living room

seems like ryzen , i5 8400 does well with fast ram! and prices of ram , getting faster kits isnt that much more expensive - hopefully getting my budget board end of week and will try with 2400, 3000 and 3600 kits :D

and then cry at everyones hero and gaming 7's

also 8400 prices are creeping up!

Soldato
Cameras don't seem to do the Gaming 7's lighting any favours. The PCH and I/O lighting looked a bit off in TTL's videos too, but it's much more impressive and uniform in person. I've had a bunch of boards with LEDs, but none with so many that they lit up my room from inside a case with no windowed side panel. I ended up just turning them off.

Very impressed with the board in general though. The onboard audio is the best I've ever encountered. The F2 BIOS it ships with was a little flaky with XMP on my kit, but the newer F4a one from the website solved the issue.

Associate
Gigabyte have always been rock solid and every time I get an Asus board something is flaky. Not to mention the PCB always seems thicker on gigabyte boards which I like and the dual bios saved me on my list Ryzen build. I was able to boot in to back up bios and restore the old one.

Gaming 7 for me

Back
Top Bottom