The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
Reading through all these really does strengthen my thoughts on is relationships these days REALLY worth all the heartache and worries,Think im gonna stay on my own much simpler lol.
Plus women are just too bloody confusing sometimes.

Stick with FWB. :D

Soldato
Yeh, dating is fun :)
I was always nervous but not sure why.

Slightly different relationship query -

On the NHS website it says the average time for a man to 'finish' is 5 and a half minutes. This to me seems very quick - The last girl I was seeing it would last over an hour and sometimes i wouldn't finish at all.
The girl im seeing now im done in 10 minutes or so, very quick in my opinion.

Does 5 minutes seem very 'early' to everyone?

Depends on the position, missionary I find boring so tend not to finish so quick, cowgirl or doggy then I’m not lasting very long at all :p

The last one I was with didn’t like long sex sessions, 15 minutes or so for both of us to finish was about right, any longer and we both got bored.

Caporegime
Reading through all these really does strengthen my thoughts on is relationships these days REALLY worth all the heartache and worries,Think im gonna stay on my own much simpler lol.

Stick with FWB. :D

Is very sad isn't it. Throw in the people who are unhappily married etc, makes you wonder how many good relationships are of there

I know what you mean. I'm avoiding kids myself too help, but I like being in a relationship too much to give up on it.

Associate
Is very sad isn't it. Throw in the people who are unhappily married etc, makes you wonder how many good relationships are of there

I know what you mean. I'm avoiding kids myself too help, but I like being in a relationship too much to give up on it.

Totally this. I've always said the morning after our wedding was the happiest I have ever been in my entire life. I woke up, looked over at my wife and said "Good morning, Mrs [real life surname] ..." - she looked back at me, smiled and said "Hello, Mr [real life surname]" and then flung her arms round me. I could have died at that very moment and I would have died the happiest man on Earth. Fast forward to the same day in August this year, and the same person who made me so happy that morning 17 years earlier, was responsible for giving me metaphorically the biggest kick in the balls ever.

Even after an experience like that though, I cannot wait to find another girlfriend - I'm the kind of person that craves the feeling of security and warmth that comes from being in a stable relationship. I adore coming home to someone and just hugging them and telling them I love them. Maybe it comes from my parents divorcing - constantly seeking that warmth. I'm terrified of marrying again, but I could see myself living with a partner quite happily.

Amen, brother - you're preaching to the choir on that one. Most illogical, irrational species on the face of the planet ...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Totally this. I've always said the morning after our wedding was the happiest I have ever been in my entire life. I woke up, looked over at my wife and said "Good morning, Mrs [real life surname] ..." - she looked back at me, smiled and said "Hello, Mr [real life surname] and then flung her arms round me. I could have died at that very moment and I would have died the happiest man on Earth. Fast forward to the same day in August this year, and the same person who made me so happy that morning 17 years earlier, was responsible for giving me metaphorically the biggest kick in the balls ever.

Even after an experience like that though, I cannot wait to find another girlfriend - I'm the kind of person that craves the feeling of security and warmth that comes from being in a stable relationship. I adore coming home to someone and just hugging them and telling them I love them. Maybe it comes from my parents divorcing - constantly seeking that warmth. I'm terrified of marrying again, but I could see myself living with a partner quite happily.

Amen, brother - you're preaching to the choir on that one. Most illogical, irrational species on the face of the planet ...

I think after that long a relationship I dunno if I would be able to go into it again. It's silly, but I'd probably end up mentally trying to weigh up the risk of hurt with the life of being on your own you.
Dunno what I'd do.
Think would be even harder when you add baggage, be it kids, financial etc. At the moment have no financial ties to anyone, but later in life that will happen, I can avoid the kids tie which must make things so much easier

I do believe that you can find a good relationship that lasts a lifetime, but level headed enough that you're probably more unlikely to find that than not. - have no idea if that's true.

Soldato
I think after that long a relationship I dunno if I would be able to go into it again. It's silly, but I'd probably end up mentally trying to weigh up the risk of hurt with the life of being on your own you.
Dunno what I'd do.
Think would be even harder when you add baggage, be it kids, financial etc. At the moment have no financial ties to anyone, but later in life that will happen, I can avoid the kids tie which must make things so much easier

This is pretty much exactly what I'm dealing with at the moment though with an extra helping of complication added, 9 year relationship and 1 child - relationship ended coming up 5 years ago...my ex is still sharing my house with me for reasons that are dull but out of her control at the moment. No where else for her to go apart from scummy council housing which I really don't want my son having to suffer. When they do move out - which is supposedly happening in the coming months- they will be moving about 100 miles away. That I have come to terms with and having spoken to my ex we are both committed to ensuring I see my son as much as possible and we will both do as much as we can to make it as simple as possible.

However I'm feeling incredible guilt at the moment as I really can't wait for them to move out so I can begin to have a life of my own again properly even though I know it means I won't be seeing my son every day but on top of that there is the fear is what do I do about a relationship, if I did meet someone how would I deal with it would I be able to feel secure or would I always be worried about the risk of getting hurt etc and wondering if I'd be better off on my own. I try not to think about it too much but there are times when it is hard to put it out of my mind.

Soldato
New relationships after a long term relationship failing are hard, you are kind of set up with a boat load of insecurities. Best to take some time by yourself, in your case valve90210 you relationship will not end till she has moved out. Been there in the past and believe me, that is when you start to move on.

Soldato
There are insecurities and there is being sensible to protect yourself. I definitely don't trust any woman that says she is on the pill anymore, for example. :eek:

There are some very devious creatures out there.

Soldato
There are insecurities and there is being sensible to protect yourself. I definitely don't trust any woman that says she is on the pill anymore, for example. :eek:

There are some very devious creatures out there.

Also don’t let women get your condoms for you, my mate found that out the hard way, he’s now a father of 3 :p

Soldato
Also don’t let women get your condoms for you, my mate found that out the hard way, he’s now a father of 3 :p
Well if it hadn't been for an ex's mum tipping me off, I'd probably have been a weekend dad now. :eek:

Second narrow escape was enough to make me properly paranoid. When a woman says she doesn't want kids, there's a chance she's lying and is hoping she can change your mind with an "accident". :(

Soldato
That makes no odds with some of them and is actually their plan to have a child knowing that you'll likely leave her and have to stump up the cash for her jeremy kyle/bargain hunt lifestyle.

Sad state of some females. They just want something to wake up for in the morning, give them purpose in life but don't care about family values and happy be a single mother claiming off the system.

Soldato
Women get together to egg each other on so they can all be mothers together and validate each other's life choices. The number of times my wife was told on the sly to "accidentally" get pregnant. Even before we were married, including my mother and sisters! It doesn't matter how educated or professional they are, where they come from or how they were brought up, the majority of women really think it's okay to have a kid and trap a man without consideration of what the man wants. It's the same kind of pack behaviour as when you see all the mums at the school gate. It's an example of sheer dishonesty and selfish manipulation.

And then they wonder why a lot of men have a bad attitude towards women.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's a biological urge that is almost impossible to deny for most women, you look at those who haven't had children and I'd say the majority of them are utterly miserable in later life even if they've had career success. There's very few women who have absolutely no desire for children.

What shouldn't be happening though is as you say the maniupulation and peer pressure put on by other women, the urge is already there and with that on top it can break even the best of relationships when family and friends get involved.

Back
Top Bottom