** HTC VIVE PRO - UPGRADED WIRELESS VR HEADSET ANNOUNCED **

Soldato
What a rip off.

Anyone at OcUK want to explain a £1 -$1 pricing structure when the £ is worth $1.40?

I won't hold my breath for a credible reply.

Soldato
£799 is crazy pricing for the headset alone, especially considering the price of the Samsung Odyssey which has the same res screen. Surely the tracking can't push the price up that much?

Soldato
Hmm that's a pity as I was definitely hoping for a more sensible price as you end up with two headsets but only one set of peripherals.

I wonder what my Avegant Glyph glasses will go for on Ebay when Ready Player One is released because surely a direct retinal device is the only way to watch it :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
£799 is crazy pricing for the headset alone, especially considering the price of the Samsung Odyssey which has the same res screen. Surely the tracking can't push the price up that much?

If you've experienced as many VR headset's as I have proper tracking can be worth it's weight in gold.

The important thing to remember with the VIVE PRO is that it isn't primarily a gaming advice but a professional headset designed to be used for real world applications such as by designers, architects, doctors etc. to be able to visualise projects, scans etc. It is one of the reasons they have put the tracking area up to 10x10m so that they can fit whole cars into the space and be able to walk around them and view them from all angles.

Product listing below:

HTC VIVE PRO The professional grade VR Headset (99HANW016-00) @ £799.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/HTC-...-grade-VR-Headset-99HANW016-00-VR-00L-HC.html

HTC VIVE PRO The professional grade VR Headset, Hi-Res Headset + 3D Spatial Audio, Re-engineered and Optimized Ergonomics, Latest SteamVR Tracking System

Only £799.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
If you've experienced as many VR headset's as I have proper tracking can be worth it's weight in gold.

I've experienced pretty much every major VR platform available. Windows MR has no area limit for tracking and in my experience has been as smooth as the Vive apart from issues with controller tracking when outside tracking area.

Associate
VIVE Pro bundle "Only £1,249.99 inc VAT."

lol, "Only". You do realise you could buy a complete Vive bundle for £50 more and have a second HMD? Just sayin.

Associate
i've got an Odyssey but I am going Pro - the screen on the Odyssey isn't all that tbh, it's a bit warped and has loads of chromatic aberration.

also the odyssey is incredibly uncomfortable

Soldato
that price on the vive pro bundle is just lol...i'm afraid. I might see if i can pick up an oculus and wait and see if Pimax can perform miracles. But no way on this earth is the vive pro worth £1100+

Associate
Didn't they mention a special upgrade offer for current owners at CES? IS THAT WAS THIS PRICE IS???
I was really looking forward to upgrading, now there's no way I can justify paying that. Not a chance is the new headset £800 worth to upgrade over the current headset with the DAS. Such a shame.

Associate
Not sure I'll be tempted at £799. I may wait to see if the price drops after release.

I also not sure what value my used headset will have if I sold it without the light stations, controllers etc.

Mobster
Soldato
I'm sure HTC will reveal a bundle at £999 that's my opinion. More than I expected to pay but there's a premium for the latest and greatest all the time.

Back
Top Bottom