• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

please just stop it, stop buying

Soldato
But you don't.

And Nvidia knows that you do not and knows that you will pay the prices. They would be leaving money on the table by selling cheaper. Brand loyalty is very real among us fleshbags. It's like Apple, people will happily pay 30% extra for the "brand" - whatever that means.

Maybe Nvidia should abandon board partners and auction cards direct from it's site. They wouldn't leave any money on the table that way.

Associate
I guess many of us shot ourselves in the foot when we moved away from 1080p/60hz in favour of higher resolutions and higher refresh rates, and now need serious horsepower to drive these displays, otherwise we could probably all call it a day with a GTX 1060.

Absolutely. One of my brothers had a 290X four years and only just upgraded to a Vega 56 for £350 with the games. He runs 1080p Freesync 144hz and will be set for a long time, even more so my other brother who bought the same card for 1080p 60hz coming from an RX480. I had to get a 1080Ti to run the games I want to play at high FPS/settings at 1440p/144hz. When the monitor dies I'll likely drop down to 1080p.

Soldato
Absolutely. One of my brothers had a 290X four years and only just upgraded to a Vega 56 for £350 with the games. He runs 1080p Freesync 144hz and will be set for a long time, even more so my other brother who bought the same card for 1080p 60hz coming from an RX480. I had to get a 1080Ti to run the games I want to play at high FPS/settings at 1440p/144hz. When the monitor dies I'll likely drop down to 1080p.

Very much so. Although I was very aware I knew I was shooting myself in the foot.

This 1080ti and Rog swift must last me 4 years now. I'll play what I can and rely on reducing settings and gsync in the future.

Soldato
What does my nut in about hardware in general for the most part when people get a new cpu and\or gpu it's like they also took a blood oath to defend it to the death on forums. I honestly could not give 2 balls of roasted snow what is in my system as long as it gives me the performance i want and the price i want to pay. I don't get the cheerleading for a piece of hardware at all. :confused:

The entire internet is plagued with it.

Associate
Stop telling people what to do with their money. If the cards sell there is obviously a market for them. So get off of your high horse and stop bullying people into thinking they’re spending their money in the wrong way.

Soldato
Tell AMD to get their act together ot put something that half competes with nvidia at the high-end.

There is already VEGA 64 of course, that competes with GTX 1080 and RTX 2070 on performance.

So guess you mean with 2080 Ti? If it means AMD are going charge same bonkers price as Nvidia, what even is the point?

Would like AMD to focus elsewhere and let someone else take on PC Gaming GPU's. Nvidia have already proven that they can polish a turd with turing, and people will buy literally at any price. Who could possibly compete with that xD

Soldato
Tell AMD to get their act together ot put something that half competes with nvidia at the high-end.

There is already Vega 64, and the non reference (and LC) cards are truly great performers beating the GTX1080/2070. Let alone if you spend 5 minutes and cut power consumption (there are settings in the Vega 64 discussion).

As @Boomstick777 (the traitor :p ) said, is kinda pointless going for £1300 market.

Soldato
There is already VEGA 64 of course, that competes with GTX 1080 and RTX 2070 on performance.

So guess you mean with 2080 Ti? If it means AMD are going charge same bonkers price as Nvidia, what even is the point?

Would like AMD to focus elsewhere and let someone else take on PC Gaming GPU's. Nvidia have already proven that they can polish a turd with turing, and people will buy literally at any price. Who could possibly compete with that xD

Hah :p said the one who sold his Vega 64 and put a 1060 3GB in his system.
Boooo heretic...... :D <grabbing torch and pitchfork>. :D

Caporegime
The entire internet is plagued with it.

Brand loyalty is for noobs...

I’ll buy the fastest for my pocket....my pocket can buy the fastest but I’m shrewd and certainly won’t be fleeced.

The mere notion of having the fastest regardless of cost is sad imo...and goes against the whole Overclocking ethos.

35% more grunt for £700 is a joke...and i won’t be part of it...

Last edited:
Associate
So that Nidia can drop prices and everyone just buys those anyway? Then next generation AMD are even further behind.

I think a good mid-range product and advertise the hell out of it on TV and everything.
Lisa Su literally just confirmed they are aiming for high-end with upcoming products. Whether that's 2019 or 2020 we don't know, but they are looking to take the crown again.

Hopefully this time they also target mindshare instead of just stats. Nvidia have the collective mindshare currently so sticking a product out that's superior just gets them all confused and they still buy Nvidia. Though the 2xxx debacle is certainly causing a ruckus :D

Back
Top Bottom