• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Caporegime
Yes. You need to raise the floor voltage (the power indicator under the HBM) to 1000mv to overclock HBM.
Leaving it at default 950mv should be fine in my experience. Just focus on increaseing P7 core voltage and dial down until you hit instability.

Of all the Vega samples i have had (6) some required 1225mv to run 1100Mhz and some would do it on as little as 1125mv pn P7 core.

Soldato
Leaving it at default 950mv should be fine in my experience. Just focus on increaseing P7 core voltage and dial down until you hit instability.

Of all the Vega samples i have had (6) some required 1225mv to run 1100Mhz and some would do it on as little as 1125mv pn P7 core.

My Nitro & reference need 1000mv otherwise the HBM is unstable over 1050.

Soldato
I don't think this is GFX card related necessarily but I've posted in the monitor thread (Asus MG279Q) but it's dead so I'm not expecting any replies.

I had to connect my rig up to a random monitor for testing. Now, back on my mg279 it's capped at 60fps when playing games in full screen mode. Borderless windowed, it runs up to 144. I have no idea why. Any ideas?

Caporegime
I don't think this is GFX card related necessarily but I've posted in the monitor thread (Asus MG279Q) but it's dead so I'm not expecting any replies.

I had to connect my rig up to a random monitor for testing. Now, back on my mg279 it's capped at 60fps when playing games in full screen mode. Borderless windowed, it runs up to 144. I have no idea why. Any ideas?
Weird, but check Windows Display Properties to ensure the refresh rate is up where it should be. Windows has been known to change it randomly on occassion. Also check the games video menu to make sure that it's not default to 60Hz.

Lastly, DDU and reinstlal driver.

Associate
Weird, but check Windows Display Properties to ensure the refresh rate is up where it should be. Windows has been known to change it randomly on occassion. Also check the games video menu to make sure that it's not default to 60Hz.

Lastly, DDU and reinstlal driver.

Matt any idea when the big Drivers are coming this month? dont need specific days, dont want any spoilers on content etc, just when we can roughly expect them. I will DDU my current drivers tonight and install the version released yesterday as i noticed when i shut my PC down this morning i had an error message pop up relating to my Radeon stuff... not convinced its happily installed, that might be half the reason im struggling to get Firestrike to complete the benchmark, and why i cannot play BF5 in DX11 let alone DX12 etc, i dont think the drivers are happy.

Permabanned
Matt any idea when the big Drivers are coming this month? dont need specific days, dont want any spoilers on content etc, just when we can roughly expect them. I will DDU my current drivers tonight and install the version released yesterday as i noticed when i shut my PC down this morning i had an error message pop up relating to my Radeon stuff... not convinced its happily installed, that might be half the reason im struggling to get Firestrike to complete the benchmark, and why i cannot play BF5 in DX11 let alone DX12 etc, i dont think the drivers are happy.
are you getting a complete crash/reboot ??
was having same problem took me a while to figure out it was system memory thought it was stable (lol) running it at 3400 so had to up voltage a bit ..

Permabanned
while I'm here ..
35j9nup.png

Associate
are you getting a complete crash/reboot ??
was having same problem took me a while to figure out it was system memory thought it was stable (lol) running it at 3400 so had to up voltage a bit ..

At first i was, i was getting a hardlockup and occasional blue screen but i messed around with mv's on core and hbm and eliminated those, i now just get a crash to desktop on BF5, so much so that i dont even bother trying to play it now, but Grim Dawn, FF14, EQ etc all run fine on my PC. Before the Nitro i had a 1070 and a 1080 and never had any crashes with either of those so im fairly confident my CPU / Ram etc are all fine. Only had issues with this Vega 64, i just need to spend some time tweaking it i think to get the perfect settings, i will start tonight with the core i guess as it seems you may need higher core mv to help the HBM work correctly, if i can get the core dialled in nicely, then i can start working on getting the HBM optimal.

If any truth in the rumors that the new AMD drivers auto OC and Undervolt for you then that will solve my headache lol, i will just leave it set on those and go about my business :)

Associate
Try bumping mv on p3 hbm as well. I match mine with my core mv. Doesn't hurt to give er hell :) Most likely though, might just be the silicon lottery :(

I'll try bumping the voltage a little and see what happens, it's interesting that it seems to be more likely to crash under unreal based games, especially dead by daylight which is an optimized mess as it is and would benefit from more raw GPU grunt. A lot of other games are quite happy for me to play for hours at 1000MHz memory clock at stock voltage.

Associate
Any recommendations for the most suitable x370 board for Crossfire? Replacing a Biostar x370gt5 which doesn't have a very good PCIE set up.

I'm using a Ryzen 1700 which is overclocked to 3.9 with x2 8GB sticks of samsung B die RAM which runs fine on my existing board at 3200 with c14 timing. No plans to go with 2000 series so I was thinking with X470 there wouldn't be much point for the extra cost. May upgrade to 3000 series and X570 down the line.

Caporegime
Was testing a nitro+ 64 the other day, coil whine on those things is insane, sound like someone emptying a can of compressed air next to you. Fans aren't exactly the quietest either :(

Back
Top Bottom