LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
The glow/bleed is still very visisble even on low brightness, not as much of course but very visible.

And thanks for the reference. That is indeed a good one you have there.

H-P

H-P

Associate
The glow/bleed is still very visisble even on low brightness, not as much of course but very visible.

And thanks for the reference. That is indeed a good one you have there.

I'm using a brightness of 12 as it is much more pleasing to my eyes. But yes, the soft spot is also still very visible on dark content, such as the black bars while watching youtube. I play a lot of Battlefield 5 and when aiming using a scope (dark screen) the soft spot blends with the minimap, which shouldn't happen and is annoying. As it doesn't disappear by changing position, perspective or distance and the edges are the brightest, I suspect this is definitely an example of backlight bleed, maybe in combination with the IPS glow.

I already returned one of these monitors because of defective pixels. I'm thinking of returning this monitor as well unfortunately. This ultrawide is definitely amazing in every other aspect and I think the design of LG monitors is by far the most appealing compared to the competition, but these flaws trigger my OCD too much. I tried a lot of monitors over the last couple of years and thinking that buying a €1300 monitor would do the trick was naive maybe. :) Maybe I try again when this monitor drops in price.

Associate
I see two people mentioning a brightness of 17 and 15.

Is this out of 100.

Are you guys living in pitch black darkness or is this the norm to set the screen brightness so low ? My monitor is currently on 50. Stock was set to 70.

H-P

H-P

Associate
I see two people mentioning a brightness of 17 and 15.

Is this out of 100.

Are you guys living in pitch black darkness or is this the norm to set the screen brightness so low ? My monitor is currently on 50. Stock was set to 70.

I used 12 out of 100 because it was the recommended OSD setting for 120 cd/m2 on tftcentral. A higher setting was far too bright for my eyes (and it reduces the perception of IPS glow and blb a bit), but it may be a personal preference and dependent on room lighting.

Associate
I just received this monitor and am shocked at the condition it came in. This was originally sealed and did not look like it was used. It has smudges and blotches all of the screen. The blotches or spots will not come off. I can see these when I shine a light in front of the screen. This is clearly a quality control issue. See the photos below. Does anyone that owns this monitor have any of these visible?

I contacted LG and they want me to send it in so they can determine if this is a defect. Unbelievable! I have never owned a new monitor that came in this condition. I'm just sending it back for a replacement to the place I purchased it at.

http://i68.tinypic.com/1688sye.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2h3pjxk.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
@Daniel - LG you need to take note of the above issue, a bad reputation for QC is easy to get and hard to shake! That is totally awful @Thermo and would really put me off buying a new LG :(

I was shocked at what I seen. I contacted LG and they told me to send it in and if the technician thinks this is a defect they would repair it. Are you kidding me??? Anyone that looks at this would say its some type of defect or quality control. I told then NO. This is a brand new monitor that has not been used yet and you are trying to repair it under warranty. I would then have to wait at least 3 or more weeks for the process.

I contacts the place of purchase and will be asking for an exchange. But I believe I have to pay the return shipping/insurance which I think is wrong.

This is my first LG products and my first impression is not good. I'm extremity disappointed.

Associate
If they're on top of the screen, they look like they might come off with alcohol. Too late now, of course.

I have never used any alcohol products on my monitors. I always use a damp high quality microfiber cloth to wipe away dust. But I shouldn't have to on a brand new monitor anyway.

Associate
I just received this monitor and am shocked at the condition it came in. This was originally sealed and did not look like it was used. It has smudges and blotches all of the screen. The blotches or spots will not come off. I can see these when I shine a light in front of the screen. This is clearly a quality control issue. See the photos below. Does anyone that owns this monitor have any of these visible?

I contacted LG and they want me to send it in so they can determine if this is a defect. Unbelievable! I have never owned a new monitor that came in this condition. I'm just sending it back for a replacement to the place I purchased it at.

http://i68.tinypic.com/1688sye.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2h3pjxk.jpg

I had the exact same issue, including 2 scratches.

Associate
Been wondering same, is there some major manufacturing issue with yields of panel resulting in a lots of panels being thrown to bin at the factory?

Considering so many seem to have ridiculous amounts of back light bleed , it wouldn't surprise me, I'm dying to get my hands on a gsync ultrawide (or gsync compatible for that matter) , I've thought about the Alienware , but I don't like the style , love the LG but I can't justify paying £1200 for it when I'm more than likely going to get a shed ton of blb for my money too, considering that I have just bought a 55inch LG oled for nearly the same price and the pq is unbelievable with epic blacks.

Associate
@Baddass I noticed that you didn't have seperate input lag or responsiveness measurements @ 60hz for the 950F. Is that because they are the same as at 144hz? I want to play my Xbox One X on the 950F as well, but am concerned about higher input lag and responsiveness.

The Mg279q review of yours shows a really BIG gap between the lag at 144hz and at 60hz.

Associate
What is that sticker you have on your panel? Do all of them come with that?

Well monitor arrived yesterday and while there was a massive gash in the side of the box the contents seem ok. Screen looks great, no dead pixels that I can see, and back light bleed no worse than on my previous AW3418DW.

Does anyone else have a similar issue to below? When mounted in the stand the monitor is (via super scientific lego measurements) approx. 5mm higher on one side to the other. My desk is level so not sure what causes it. However there does seem to be quite a lot of movement where the stand clips in to the VESA mount of the screen.

@Daniel - LG / @anyone else with 34GK950, thoughts appreciated..

k32cuf.jpg

k32cuf.jpg

2ltsvuo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom