What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
How to Train your Dragon 3

Went with Mrs Cheesyboy and the kids - it was the cheesylad's 9th birthday and he picked the movie, ahead of Lego Movie 2.

Was a good choice, it was really great. Also enjoyed looking out for Gobber's homosexuality after the reveal in HTTYD2.

Think it says a lot about people who enjoy or don't enjoy this type of film !

We were one of the few adults who didn't have kids with them

Soldato
The Monster (Netflix)

I enjoyed this quite a bit! Mommy and daughter break down in a foresty area in their car at night, and there's something lurking in ze woods. Sounds like a typical plain, cheapo flick, yet the performance turned in by the mother is superb. I struggle to find decent, scary stuff on NF these days due to the amount of junk on there so this was quite a surprise.

6.5/10

Soldato
Happy Death Day - 8/10

Finally got to watching it and actually thought it was pretty good. Love time loop types stories. Does it pretty well and some good humour.

didn't know there was a sequel out this week.

Permabanned
You Were Never Really Here [ 2017 ]

This is a film that requires maybe a second viewing, unanswered plot details, flashbacks that never get resolved,
it sort of fizzles out with a half-arsed sort of an ending.

Not a lot of dialogue and most of it lost in the depths of Phoenix's face fuzz.

Caporegime
Abducted in plain sight.

What the absolute hell. Has anyone else seen this?

It's absolutely mental. Terryfying that it's real. It has everything, it's such a sad tale but it's hard not to find it funny.

Strong 10/10 on the crazy scale.

Don
Alita: Battle Angel - 7/10
Wasn't really what I expected, much more a teen romance than action flick, which maybe true to the source? But I can understand why they might have pitched it the way they did in the trailers as the sci-fi aspect could be a bit of a turn off for younger women. Enjoyed it though, the world was fleshed out and the effects fantastic.

Soldato
Anyone whos seen Alita...I really like the look of it...as does my very mature 6 year old girl...do you think it would be ok for her? I get that only i would technically know that question but i dont know if its like scary or very violent. With it being a Pg-13 i figured it would be alright.

Don
Anyone whos seen Alita...I really like the look of it...as does my very mature 6 year old girl...do you think it would be ok for her? I get that only i would technically know that question but i dont know if its like scary or very violent. With it being a Pg-13 i figured it would be alright.

Personally, I think it might be a bit much for a 6 year old, there is an f-bomb in there, plus lesser swearing smattered through it, and there are people being cut in two (not overly graphically, but still you see him in two bits), plus cyborgs routinely getting killed. Bit of bloody violence, but nothing too bad.

IMDB Parents Guide (spoilers obviously) for more detail
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437086/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg

If she handles the face melt scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark, she would likely be ok though.

Soldato
It's absolutely mental. Terryfying that it's real. It has everything, it's such a sad tale but it's hard not to find it funny

Yeah, me and my GF are half way through it. She thinks it's a sad story, which obviously it is, but I lost it at "had sex with an ant"(I know) ... I just kept thinking of an old Derek and Clive sketch called Top Rank.

It is so bizarre I can't help feeling Netflix are taking the ****!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah, me and my GF are half way through it. She thinks it's a sad story, which obviously it is, but I lost it at "had sex with an ant"(I know) ... I just kept thinking of an old Derek and Clive sketch called Top Rank.

It is so bizarre I can't help feeling Netflix are taking the ****!

Ant?

It just doesn't feel real. It feels like somethings not quite truthful. But who knows.

Associate
I finally got round to watching Deepwater Horizon on Film 4 last night, I've been wanting to see it since it came out being a sucker for disaster spectaculars but was too bone idle to do anything about it. I'll give it a 7/10, it was enjoyable enough and lived up to expectations, well moreso because I assumed half of it would be blaming people in courtrooms. The only teeny-tiny criticism which niggled me just an incy-wincy bit was I COULDN'T TELL WHAT ANY OF THEM WERE SAYING ANY OF THE DAMN TIME. Is that what they talk like in Louisiana?

Soldato
Green Book - 7.5/10

Really good film, my only criticism would be it wasn't as powerful as I was expecting it to be. But with the brilliant performances of Viggo and Mahershala it carried the story along marvelously

Back
Top Bottom