• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Urgg its true, the radeon 7 in timespy scores lower than a 2070/1080.
But in firestrike ultra destroys a 2080 by 2000+ points.
The amd design is far far more advanced, but advanced does not mean faster. Compare a tesla to a lotus esprit for a loose example

And in wwz fyi the driver update doesn't catch up completely. And 1xxx series nvidias still suffer
Just had a look at the Firestrike Ultra scores and fail to see what you are on about?

Considering I was the only one to post a benchmark in the benchmark thread for this game how do you know?

Soldato
Maxwell was the first Titan that dropped compute support . I think that was the moment Nvidia realize the market could sustain higher prices

That did kinda suck, but I think it was down to being stuck on 28nm. From a tech POV getting a generational leap in performance with a similar die size on the same process was pretty cool. Turn out some of that game from the tile based rendering.

Soldato
You do know a driver for NVidia was released after that? Of course you do.....you are so balanced in your views :rolleyes:

'TimeSpy is rigged and that's known since 2016', pure Panos gold....:D

What's next if you rename the .exe files you get a different score.

https://benchmarks.ul.com/news/a-cl...us-compute-in-3dmark-time-spy?redirected=true

Even Futuremark says in 2016 that TimeSpy is not proper DX12 benchmark.........

DX12 is all about low level optimisation utilizing hardware specific code path, which Futuremark didn't. Used a single execution, common path for all hardware choosing the most favourable to Pascal architecture.

Last edited:
Soldato
I like AMD's TressFX much better:

Well, AMD simultaneously launched R9 Fury X and R9 390X in June 2015 to combat GTX 980 and GTX 980 Ti and they successfully managed to do so:

Can't really count the 390x as a new release it was just a 290X with a small bump in clocks, was the exact same Hawaii GPU with a new bios called Grenada for some reason.

I also remember how **** poor the Fury X launch was, did'nt OCUK only get like 9 cards ?

Soldato
You said it was 'rigged'. No proof provided. The word 'proper' does not appear on that page. Agenda spotted. Give it a rest.

DX12 is all about low level optimisation utilizing hardware specific code path, which Futuremark didn't. Used a single execution, common path for all hardware choosing the most favourable to Pascal architecture with it's really limited DX12 support and no proper async compute.

What you do not understand from this? Why you are afraid to use google yourself and get educated?
Why you do not accept Nvidia's OWN support list for DX12 for Pascal, your "superior architecture"?

Soldato
To be fair the Esprit is a pretty old car now and would probably struggle to beat a model S at anything now.
I had 2 hours sleep, that was the best morning analogy i could come up with, thats why i put "loose" i wanted to put countach, but coudnt remember how to spell XD
Just had a look at the Firestrike Ultra scores and fail to see what you are on about?

Considering I was the only one to post a benchmark in the benchmark thread for this game how do you know?
What are you talking about? You were the only one to post a score for what game? WWZ ?
My firestrike score on R7 is 8086, the 2080 i just bought gets 6608, overclocked.
on time spy I get 11xxx with the 2080 on R7 i got a max of 9xxx

Soldato
DX12 is all about low level optimisation utilizing hardware specific code path, which Futuremark didn't. Used a single execution, common path for all hardware choosing the most favourable to Pascal architecture with it's really limited DX12 support and no proper async compute.

What you do not understand from this? Why you are afraid to use google yourself and get educated?
Why you do not accept Nvidia's OWN support list for DX12 for Pascal, your "superior architecture"?
Soooo not rigged :confused:

Where did I say "superior architecture" :confused: Have we broke Panos?

Soldato
People need t
LOLs @Panos. AMD's architecture is now "far more advanced" than nVidia's? You don't half talk some absolute nonsense.

Everyone knows they're playing catch-up on almost all fronts. From compute/data centre to gaming.
Soooo not rigged :confused:

Where did I say "superior architecture" :confused: Have we broke Panos?
I think he thought you were this guy

Soldato
I had 2 hours sleep, that was the best morning analogy i could come up with, thats why i put "loose" i wanted to put countach, but coudnt remember how to spell XD

What are you talking about? You were the only one to post a score for what game? WWZ ?
My firestrike score on R7 is 8086, the 2080 i just bought gets 6608, overclocked.
on time spy I get 11xxx with the 2080 on R7 i got a max of 9xxx
Yes WWZ. (we were talking around that)

You didn't mention it was your personal scores whereas the results seem to differ if we look at the table here.

People like who? You know you can't say that anymore!

Soldato
Yes WWZ. (we were talking around that)

You didn't mention it was your personal scores whereas the results seem to differ if we look at the table here.

People like who? You know you can't say that anymore!
lol

If i'm wrong about the ultra scores then tell me please, But from comparing my score i saw that the top 2080 score was way below the top r7 score, and on timespsy is was the complete opposite...

Soldato
Soldato
Looks like Nvidia decided to give AMD a break with the Navi pricing. They just upped prices for Super and left it at that. lol

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER TU104-410 $599.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 TU106A-400 $599.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 TU106-400 $499.99

Guess I'm definitely waiting for next year's cards, though I expect nothing but disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom