1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by subbytna, Aug 20, 2017.

1. KillBoY_UK

Mobster

Can't really count the 390x as a new release it was just a 290X with a small bump in clocks, was the exact same Hawaii GPU with a new bios called Grenada for some reason.

I also remember how **** poor the Fury X launch was, did'nt OCUK only get like 9 cards ?

2. hyperseven

Soldato

3. Panos

Sgarrista

DX12 is all about low level optimisation utilizing hardware specific code path, which Futuremark didn't. Used a single execution, common path for all hardware choosing the most favourable to Pascal architecture with it's really limited DX12 support and no proper async compute.

What you do not understand from this? Why you are afraid to use google yourself and get educated?
    Why you do not accept Nvidia's OWN support list for DX12 for Pascal, your "superior architecture"?

4. Illuminist

Wise Guy

I had 2 hours sleep, that was the best morning analogy i could come up with, thats why i put "loose" i wanted to put countach, but coudnt remember how to spell XD
    What are you talking about? You were the only one to post a score for what game? WWZ ?
    My firestrike score on R7 is 8086, the 2080 i just bought gets 6608, overclocked.
    on time spy I get 11xxx with the 2080 on R7 i got a max of 9xxx

5. hyperseven

Soldato

Soooo not rigged :confused:

Where did I say "superior architecture" :confused: Have we broke Panos?

6. Illuminist

Wise Guy

People need t
    I think he thought you were this guy

7. Illuminist

Wise Guy

@Panos Just leave him to it dude, I want to prove you right as well but i don't think people like this can really seperate their brainwashing from facts, others will join in and we will lose is how this ends, i've tried many times.

8. hyperseven

Soldato

Yes WWZ. (we were talking around that)

You didn't mention it was your personal scores whereas the results seem to differ if we look at the table here.

People like who? You know you can't say that anymore!

9. Illuminist

Wise Guy

lol

If i'm wrong about the ultra scores then tell me please, But from comparing my score i saw that the top 2080 score was way below the top r7 score, and on timespsy is was the complete opposite...

10. hyperseven

Soldato

11. Poneros

Mobster

Looks like Nvidia decided to give AMD a break with the Navi pricing. They just upped prices for Super and left it at that. lol

Guess I'm definitely waiting for next year's cards, though I expect nothing but disappointment.

12. varkanoid

Sgarrista

I didnt mean the OS :p

Somehow they think the Mac is an untapped gaming market. Little do they know.

13. Zeed

Mobster

14. Spyhop

Soldato

macOS doesn't have anything to do with Vulkan. That MoltenVK compatibility layer is an unofficial sideshow.

Apple's API called Metal is unique to macOS/iOS just as DirectX is unique to Windows/Xbox. It's more for GPU-accelerated applications than games on the Mac, because theres a mutual disinterest between Apple and "core gamers".

15. Killer7xx

Gangster

No surprise that the rabid Nvidia fans were sold dreams yet again with Nvidia hyping super. People saying that Nvidia would cut each SKU by $100 were delusional, their margins would have decreased and their stock price would have tanked yet again if that were to happen.

16. D.P.

Caporegime

I would wait a week post release. Nvidia may not make official price reductions but the street might will come down through a few factors. Not least Nvidia can sell overstocked chips to the AIBs at reduced prices.

I never would expect the original Turing cards to survive long, they are EOL.

17. Chrisc

Hitman

Would you not wait for a decent B550 board?

18. Participant

Caporegime

Ah yeah probably, assuming PCIE4 functionality and VRM capability is the same between the two chipsets.

19. Chrisc

Hitman

Some of the higher B550 boards may perform better than some of the lower end X570. Might be worth waiting.

20. Illuminist

Wise Guy

It was a spectacular sample, just fancied trying out nvidia after 20 years, see what it's all about, have a cheeky look at rayracing to make my own mind up. Also I can then truly know both sides of the story instead of blind fanboism through reviews and tech data, i can see it with my own eyes