• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Associate
i am still waiting on the new driver ATI promised ..its been 19 years now...but i still have hope :p

board_sm.jpg

Soldato
I must add this x fire can do 4 cards for us who spent thousands on server and w/s boards. Nvidia has All of just 2 as they are limiting there gpu,s to this when i spoke to them.The best bit app AMD can do do 4 x fire and dual or single w/s cards for cad at the same time..Now in respect of any thing AMD are not bending you over a desk and forcing you to buy hi end for Xfire...Nvidia have dealt us a crap hand over w/s kit for a period of time leading to this.So on those grounds alone im supporting the other team and the 800xt many moons rocked over the 6800 ultra imo...Now i will say app AQUA COMPUTERS ARE not making a cooler for some time. But heatkiller may and if not and for some time just for pure fun...well Il be modding a heatkiller cpu block to pop right on it:) TBH im glad this has happened after buying 3 166oti to find out Nvidia are limiting sli and water blocks for lower end kit....AMD ITS TIME TO SHINE BABY AND IM ON YOUR SIDE ESP WITH PCIE 4 ready...

Why are you buying so many cards exactly? For gaming?

Then watercooling them as well?

Associate
So, dare I ask. Is anyone planning on picking up a 5700 or one of its variants? Subject to testing? On release?

I'll be buying a card around September time, gotta wait for a water lock release from EK first. :)

I was originally planning on buying a 5700 for the 379 pricetag (or if a Vega 64 performed better upon seeing 3rd party benchmark results) but now that the 5700XT will be priced at 399, I am literally placing my order first thing tomorrow morning.

Will probably prepare a few FPS comparisons with my current GPU (rx580 8Gb) just to see how much more performance I do get on an OC'ed 4Ghz Ryzen 1600..

(all I want is to play 1440p at over 100FPS and for it not to cost me an arm amd a leg).

Maybe I'll post some results here.

Caporegime
So if you're watercooling, why wait for AIB cards? To pay a premium for a massive cooler you'll never use? And the chances of getting a waterblock for an over-engineered beast mode card are slim.
Dumb question, will the AIB cards be clocked higher out of the box than the standard ones from AMD? Or have higher potential overclocking potential with better chips, regardless of the cooling?

Soldato
Dumb question, will the AIB cards be clocked higher out of the box than the standard ones from AMD? Or have higher potential overclocking potential with better chips, regardless of the cooling?

They won't be better chips. They will likely be clocked higher out of the box, although that's nothing you couldn't do yourself.

Some might have better board designs which allow slightly higher overclocks but that normally makes watercooling a lot harder to do.

Caporegime
Cool :)

I have convinced myself I want one. I was prepared to buy a normal 5700XT but now the price has dropped, its even tempted to get an anniversary one. I will be putting whatever I get underwater though, so I really need to wait for a block to come out. I don't want the card without a block so I imagine it will take 2-3 months at least though. I'll purchase both at the same time. So plenty of time for the dust to settles and reviews to come out.

Caporegime
They won't be better chips. They will likely be clocked higher out of the box, although that's nothing you couldn't do yourself.

Some might have better board designs which allow slightly higher overclocks but that normally makes watercooling a lot harder to do.
Cool, thanks for the reply :)

AMD one for me then.

Man of Honour
AMD fanboys will buy this, Jo/e Bloggs will buy RTX. I wonder which is the bigger demographic.... :p

I dunno if it performs well in traditional raster rendering then it could be compelling for some. I don't know you have to be an AMD fan. I wouldn't even call myself an amd fan and I own probably 30 AMD cards. Or does that make me a fan? Perhaps it does.

Caporegime
I dunno if it performs well in traditional raster rendering then it could be compelling for some. I don't know you have to be an AMD fan. I wouldn't even call myself an amd fan and I own probably 30 AMD cards. Or does that make me a fan? Perhaps it does.

Nah you're just a fellow enthusiast, I just think nVidia will have the general populous brainwashed with RTX and how it's a MUST HAVE no matter if it's barely usable at present.

Soldato
You could get high-binned GPUs going to the insane custom models like the Lightnings, Matrix, Kingpins and whatnot of the world, but I don't see that happening with a Navi 10 design. So even something beastly like a Sapphire Nitro+ would still be a "standard" GPU, just factory overclocked to the tilt with a monster custom cooler. But that OC is highly unlikely something you couldn't do yourself on a reference card under water.

Back
Top Bottom