• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Soldato

Watched half the video - the way DF slows the video down makes it looks way more impressive than in game lol.
For example when they show the Xbox vs PC RTX on video of the flamethrower, the Xbox looks super crap and the RTX On looks amazing. But in reality these effects pass by your eyes so quickly at normal speed when not slowed down that you don't even notice it.

Permabanned
I only like it when general lighting is raytraced the off vs on in Metro really is stunning and in Minecraft the textures change so much.

But flamethrowers, And reflectons on the wooden gun stock like in Battlefield seem like a scam? It seems like they are basically overdoing it for no reason.

Soldato
I only like it when general lighting is raytraced the off vs on in Metro really is stunning and in Minecraft the textures change so much.

But flamethrowers, And reflectons on the wooden gun stock like in Battlefield seem like a scam? It seems like they are basically overdoing it for no reason.

i can appreciate these effects used in a cutscene but during fast pace action gameplay... what is the point

it's almost like these games are using RT to get likes from Digital foundry cause you have to slow down the footage like them to fully appreciate it

bru

bru

Soldato
It seems to be a case of devs have got so good at fudging it, that now that it has started to be done accurately but with a bigger performance hit people don't like it.
Of course if it was an AMD tech then it would be the best thing ever. ;)

Permabanned
It seems to be a case of devs have got so good at fudging it, that now that it has started to be done accurately but with a bigger performance hit people don't like it.
Of course if it was an AMD tech then it would be the best thing ever. ;)

Nah, garbage is garbage no matter who attempts to sell it :p

Soldato
Spot on. Pretty much exactly what I have been saying for some time now.

3000 series is where it will start getting interesting with 2020 titles.

Lucky it's coming soon, looks like boards partners may have Ampere silicon this year, so the 7nm launch can't be too far away.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lucky it's coming soon, looks like boards partners may have Ampere silicon this year, so the 7nm launch can't be too far away.
Yep. Looking forward to it. Will more than likely grab a 3070 on launch and that will last me a very long time. Would grab a 3070 Ti if they were to price it like they did the 1080 Ti, but that is unlikely. Chances are they will be about 1K.

Back
Top Bottom