I don't really know what I'm doing!! Play along!!

Associate
Absolutely!

As you can see, I’m basically a newbie myself.

Plenty of room, couple of great case fans pre installed, fantastic quality (not just for the price, just overall fantastic quality).

plenty of places to mount things, and the PSU shroud and all the room underneath gives loads of space for hiding cables etc making for a clean build even if like me you don’t really know what you’re doing.

Personal preference this bit, but no RGB either.

Go for it, and post up your build :cool:

Great! re case is yours the grey or black version? I can't see much difference from the internet pictures! did you add anymore case fans or stick with the 2?

I'm still saving my £'s getting there though. :)

Soldato
OP
I’ve gone for the black one.

Hardware Canucks have done a review on the grey one and they love it, so personal preference...

Just stuck with the two fans. I’ve also got a bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU cooler.

My crude and brief benching running Cinebench on the CPU doesn’t show the CPU ever going above 70 degrees.

Running the Superposition and Heaven benchmarks for the GPU shows that the GPU never goes above 63 degrees.

So the pre installed case fans seem to be doing an ample job of pulling in cool air at the front and chucking it out the back.

I took months getting all of the bits together. If it’s a personal project, there’s no rush.

Associate
I’ve gone for the black one.

Hardware Canucks have done a review on the grey one and they love it, so personal preference...

Just stuck with the two fans. I’ve also got a bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU cooler.

My crude and brief benching running Cinebench on the CPU doesn’t show the CPU ever going above 70 degrees.

Running the Superposition and Heaven benchmarks for the GPU shows that the GPU never goes above 63 degrees.

So the pre installed case fans seem to be doing an ample job of pulling in cool air at the front and chucking it out the back.

I took months getting all of the bits together. If it’s a personal project, there’s no rush.

Yes that's the plan! hopefully getting bits for Christmas as well.

What PSU did you get as a replacement?

Soldato
OP
How are you finding the Razer keyboard and mouse? I'm really stuck on choosing peripherals.
Probably my favourite part!!

Only got my old Roccat stuff to compare them too, but I love them. Razer stuff always feels quality to use, and their mice are certainly the best I've ever used. With the speakers, keyboard and mouse all synced up the whole setup looks brilliant.

Love the clever use of lighting on the speakers too.

Razer is pricey though...

Associate
Probably my favourite part!!

Only got my old Roccat stuff to compare them too, but I love them. Razer stuff always feels quality to use, and their mice are certainly the best I've ever used. With the speakers, keyboard and mouse all synced up the whole setup looks brilliant.

Love the clever use of lighting on the speakers too.

Razer is pricey though...

Yes did notice the costs still if it's nice and lasts a while no harm in it.

Associate
I'd check your ram speed as in that bios shot it appeared to be running at 2400 rather than 3200.

As for BeQuiet, their fans are so quiet, I had a clicking fan on my NZXT Kraken X61 and it was getting super annoying, I bought a Silent Wings fan as a replacement and i noticed such a difference in noise profile and volume with my ear next to it compared to the others that I replaced all my fans with BeQuiet fans. I previously had a mix of NZXT, Corsair, and CoolerMaster and all of them are louder than the BeQuiet fans, particularly the NZXT and Corsair. No change in operating temperatures either.

Lovely fans and super quiet, my system is noticeably quieter at load. If only i could change the GPU fans!

Soldato
OP
I'd check your ram speed as in that bios shot it appeared to be running at 2400 rather than 3200.

As for BeQuiet, their fans are so quiet, I had a clicking fan on my NZXT Kraken X61 and it was getting super annoying, I bought a Silent Wings fan as a replacement and i noticed such a difference in noise profile and volume with my ear next to it compared to the others that I replaced all my fans with BeQuiet fans. I previously had a mix of NZXT, Corsair, and CoolerMaster and all of them are louder than the BeQuiet fans, particularly the NZXT and Corsair. No change in operating temperatures either.

Lovely fans and super quiet, my system is noticeably quieter at load. If only i could change the GPU fans!

You're dead right!!

FVFrxGN.png

:eek:

As per the title, no clue what I'm up to. It's a 3200MHz kit, any idea why it's running at 2400 and what I can do about it??

EDIT: The internet's useful huh?! Enabled XMP in bios, now seems all good. Running at 1596.8MHz now (thumbs up emoji)

2nd Edit: Cinebench score went down afterwards?!?!

Never mind, everything works, I'm a happy bunny. Cables next to tidy it up inside, and then I'll need a new project!!

Last edited:
Associate
giphy.gif

Soldato
Coming from a 24 inch 1080p, it’s already too much monitor for me!!

Swivel it so it's in portrait mode. You'll get used to the 34" very quickly. I have a 27" 4k, a 34" 1440UW, and a 24" 4K (portrait mode):

yTg0W84.jpg

Plus, once I sort the cables it’ll be too pretty to go under the desk!!

It's just occupying otherwise useful desk space.

Soldato
Corsair RM850x, overkill but was a bargain.
Good pick! :cool:

Weren't the RM units one of the worst designed and released by Corsair? The HX was superior in every way.
This was 3/4 years ago though so it might have changed but IIRC, the internals weren't the same between them and the RM units were a bad choice.

Associate
Weren't the RM units one of the worst designed and released by Corsair? The HX was superior in every way.
This was 3/4 years ago though so it might have changed but IIRC, the internals weren't the same between them and the RM units were a bad choice.

Not sure on 3/4 years ago but I'd read this years revisions were good and have a 10 year warranty.

Back
Top Bottom