LG OLED C9 as a PC monitor - Yes, I'm crazy, Yes time to get some burn in.

Soldato
Which model do you have and what is it stuttering in?
None, was just looking up review videos etc
OLED motion handling is something some people are sensitive to. It's inherent. It can be perceived as stuttering, but it's not a fault per se.
Can't say i remember seeing any on my Vita and that was OLED, though it did get burn in.

Last edited:
Associate
None, was just looking up review videos etc

Can't say i remember seeing any on my Vita and that was OLED, though it did get burn in.

Its 24fps content that can exhibit stutter on panning shots , but thats about it , its because the oled has instant response times where as the backlight on, (for example ) a samsung qled Va panel takes time to transition to the next frame mitigating the stutter, but its still there , but each manufacturer has various setting you can turn on to remove it to a degree.

Basically what your seeing is a Lack of blur, its not actually stuttering, the format introduces stutter.

Associate
I have been using the 55c9 as my monitor for a while, and I dont know why I didnt do it sooner, it`s just miles beyond anything monitors offer at the moment, and for 900€ it`s not that expensive either.
Other than the few small issues, like not having a wallpaper and keeping an eye on turning off the screen via voice command, or setting up your turn off monitor setting to something short, I would reccomend this to everyone.
It gets even better once the hdmi2.1 cards will arrive. It`s about 120-140cm away from me behind my desk and even 1440p is not an issue in games it`s awesome. Blacks are black not some grey mess, there is no bleeding like ips and VA panels have. Like that wasnt enough, you also get Gsync + HDR. I started another playthrough of the witcher3 and this game has never looked so good, all the games are something special again. And the size is just great even coming from 35" ultrawide this is just something else, ofcourse the 65&77 are better but didnt fit in my small budget.

Soldato
OP
I have been using the 55c9 as my monitor for a while, and I dont know why I didnt do it sooner, it`s just miles beyond anything monitors offer at the moment, and for 900€ it`s not that expensive either.
Other than the few small issues, like not having a wallpaper and keeping an eye on turning off the screen via voice command, or setting up your turn off monitor setting to something short, I would reccomend this to everyone.
It gets even better once the hdmi2.1 cards will arrive. It`s about 120-140cm away from me behind my desk and even 1440p is not an issue in games it`s awesome. Blacks are black not some grey mess, there is no bleeding like ips and VA panels have. Like that wasnt enough, you also get Gsync + HDR. I started another playthrough of the witcher3 and this game has never looked so good, all the games are something special again. And the size is just great even coming from 35" ultrawide this is just something else, ofcourse the 65&77 are better but didnt fit in my small budget.

Yup!

I had a few naysayers on other forums when I first started reccommending it... its a different class of experience.

fingers crossed 77'' gets a 1.5k price drop lol

Associate
How about setting a 21:9 resolution guys?
As you sit so close and that inky black. Surely it would be awesome right ?
I mean, as it's so black the borders one get maybe dont be so noticable!

I am wating for the 48 incher. Seems like a perfect gaming monitor, and I could allways use UW if it is good on it :)

Back
Top Bottom