1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG OLED C9 as a PC monitor - Yes, I'm crazy, Yes time to get some burn in.

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by aoaaron, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Legend

Soldato

OLED motion handling is something some people are sensitive to. It's inherent. It can be perceived as stuttering, but it's not a fault per se.

2. Perfect_Chaos

Mobster

None, was just looking up review videos etc
    Can't say i remember seeing any on my Vita and that was OLED, though it did get burn in.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  3. darket

Wise Guy

Its 24fps content that can exhibit stutter on panning shots , but thats about it , its because the oled has instant response times where as the backlight on, (for example ) a samsung qled Va panel takes time to transition to the next frame mitigating the stutter, but its still there , but each manufacturer has various setting you can turn on to remove it to a degree.

Basically what your seeing is a Lack of blur, its not actually stuttering, the format introduces stutter.

4. hornetstinger

Soldato

Doesn't it frame double or triple , like pioneer plasma?

5. darket

Wise Guy

There are all sorts of blur, black frame insertion and motion options, i'm still playing with mine :)

6. darket

Wise Guy

I have to say tho , that watching a 4k movie at 60 fps is possibly one of the most unpleasant viewing experiences I've ever had .

7. hornetstinger

Soldato

Nah motion plus or whatever it's called introduces noise. Bring up moving triangle pattern in Avia and lines are noisy with motion enabled.

8. lors111

Associate

You mean to much soap opera effect?

9. darket

Wise Guy

Absolutely , its amazing how 60+ fps was groundbreaking for gaming yet can make a great movie seem to have the production quality of sunset beach

10. Vega

Wise Guy

11. Azrael1

Wise Guy

Isn’t that without their tax though as different states have diff tax

12. Dave2150

Soldato

32" too small for 4k imo. 1440p better for a 32".

13. TNA

Capodecina

Will have to agree to disagree on that one :)

14. Legend

Soldato

If you have bad vision or like to look at big pixels, yes. Otherwise, no.

15. Howling

Wise Guy

I just ordered the 65" c9 ... my wallet hurts. And my soul ... I didn't realise wallets and souls were linked until I hit "Pay now" :D

16. JediFragger

Capodecina

Nice man, v nice :cool:

17. oldbanana

Gangster

I have been using the 55c9 as my monitor for a while, and I dont know why I didnt do it sooner, it`s just miles beyond anything monitors offer at the moment, and for 900€ it`s not that expensive either.
    Other than the few small issues, like not having a wallpaper and keeping an eye on turning off the screen via voice command, or setting up your turn off monitor setting to something short, I would reccomend this to everyone.
    It gets even better once the hdmi2.1 cards will arrive. It`s about 120-140cm away from me behind my desk and even 1440p is not an issue in games it`s awesome. Blacks are black not some grey mess, there is no bleeding like ips and VA panels have. Like that wasnt enough, you also get Gsync + HDR. I started another playthrough of the witcher3 and this game has never looked so good, all the games are something special again. And the size is just great even coming from 35" ultrawide this is just something else, ofcourse the 65&77 are better but didnt fit in my small budget.

18. aoaaron

Wise Guy

Yup!

I had a few naysayers on other forums when I first started reccommending it... its a different class of experience.

fingers crossed 77'' gets a 1.5k price drop lol

19. MikeLoader

Gangster

How about setting a 21:9 resolution guys?
    As you sit so close and that inky black. Surely it would be awesome right ?
    I mean, as it's so black the borders one get maybe dont be so noticable!

I am wating for the 48 incher. Seems like a perfect gaming monitor, and I could allways use UW if it is good on it :)

20. oldbanana

Gangster

I really dont see the point of the 48 you pay more for a smaller screen, just move ur desk abit and use the 55