1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG OLED C9 as a PC monitor - Yes, I'm crazy, Yes time to get some burn in.

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by aoaaron, Sep 29, 2019.

1. sideways14a

Wise Guy

I had a message about a pizza shop in America pop up out of the blue onscreen the other day, it was just... there and then a second later gone..
    I could find no reference to it in the menus so thought i had had a little too much Guinness and decided it was time ...to open another :p

However it apparently is indeed a thing and has been seen randomly on loads of folks sets over time, there are threads galore on it out there all saying the same thing about a place that does exist.

Something iffy with there Ad system, not that adds should ever come up on a TV in the first place.

2. MikeLoader

Gangster

Oh yeah one more here. It would be awesome I think. Seems like the more perfect size vs the 55 inch, for desktop.
    But I guess if I get the 48 LG, I dont want to watch movies on my Sony 55 - XE9005..LOL!

So I might aswell get the 55, but then I have to move closer to the Tv. Ouch these decisions heh :)
    I am thinking to get a nice gaming chair that also can use infront of my Tv as a couch. Is there anygod gaming chairs that one can lower the armchair really low ?
    I mean so I can get that comfy couch feeling!

3. JediFragger

Capodecina

Good man!!!!!

4. hyperseven

Soldato

Get a Lay Z Boy single and use something like the Corsair Lapdog.

5. ToTheMax

Hitman

Mine too, combined with a future HDMI 2.1 gfx card should be amazing.

6. MikeLoader

Gangster

Thanks but no thanks. I dont want a recliner. I want a type chair with wheels, so I can use it for my desktop also. This seems like the best one I found yet. Looks really comfy :)
    But the thing with it is; one cant change the height of the armchair hmm. What should I do. As I really want well say I could go with a recliner as you mentioned but, I need wheels so I can move it easily away or it will block my view when watching telly!

https://www.e-ville.com/sv/3045489-...-brI0YbLwtcu-izbQz-eWc2s_qtSlkhwaAjpNEALw_wcB

7. PC777

Gangster

With gas powered office chairs you can usually buy shorter gas cylinders to lower the seat. OCUK sell them for the Noble Chairs range.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noblechairs-extra-short-gas-lift-replacement-30mm-gc-01h-nc.html

8. peahead

Mobster

9. nalla

Wise Guy

wow 1499.99 for the 48" that's more expensive than the c9 55"

10. TNA

Capodecina

That is the release price. The 55” was a lot more expensive on release. You need to wait until Black Friday at least. Will likely drop to a 3 figure sum, but it might not due to supply and demand on this occasion.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  11. Reppyboyo

Mobster

A bit higher than expected which is a shame but I'll probably still end up getting one.

12. MikeLoader

Gangster

13. hyperseven

Soldato

Not only that I am sure they keep an eye on what forums, Reddit etc are saying about the 48 and how they are desperate for it to use as a PC monitor. So compared to a monitor of such dimensions and spec it's a bargain.

14. TNA

Capodecina

Yeah. I still would not want to pay more than £800 for it though, probably even less. Will wait for everyone to use it for a year and beta test it and if all good I will jump in when the price is right.

15. Matson

Mobster

When you compare it to the cost of high end monitors I feel its not a bad price at all.

16. TNA

Capodecina

I do not take them into account personally. Those are loony prices that make no sense for what you get.

I would much rather compare it to my own OLED that I got on Black Friday. My one is 55” and cost me £994 and is HDMI 2.1 ready and has G-Sync. So why would I pay more than that for a smaller screen? Others can, I won’t. Price will eventually come down, I am in no rush :)

17. PC777

Gangster

You mean the armrest height? Armchair means an entire style of chair in English. Some here have modded non armrest adjustable chairs to use 4D armrests. You can buy just the 4D armrests separately quite cheaply and you might be able to replace them on that chair. Someone here modded an Ikea Markus to do that. Or maybe just look at Noble chairs or similar that already have adjustable arms.

18. melmac

Sgarrista

Is the difference between 48 inches and 55 inches going to really make that big of difference to someone using it as a PC monitor?

19. maschio

Gangster

For my desk the 48CX would be ideal then i see the 55CX may only be £300 extra..What to do...

20. Pleiades

Gangster

If you think £300 is 'only', then I reckon you should go for it! ;)

PS I'm using a 49" Samsung and it is a *bit* overwhelming on the desktop! :eek: