LG OLED C9 as a PC monitor - Yes, I'm crazy, Yes time to get some burn in.

Associate
I had a message about a pizza shop in America pop up out of the blue onscreen the other day, it was just... there and then a second later gone..
I could find no reference to it in the menus so thought i had had a little too much Guinness and decided it was time ...to open another :p

However it apparently is indeed a thing and has been seen randomly on loads of folks sets over time, there are threads galore on it out there all saying the same thing about a place that does exist.

Something iffy with there Ad system, not that adds should ever come up on a TV in the first place.

Associate
Are many thinking of a 48 cx oled as there next monitor? Thinking about it myself. I have a 77c8 as my main TV but having a 48cx oled specifically for my pc monitor is very appealing.

The 48CX is on my wish list too.

Oh yeah one more here. It would be awesome I think. Seems like the more perfect size vs the 55 inch, for desktop.
But I guess if I get the 48 LG, I dont want to watch movies on my Sony 55 - XE9005..LOL!

So I might aswell get the 55, but then I have to move closer to the Tv. Ouch these decisions heh :)
I am thinking to get a nice gaming chair that also can use infront of my Tv as a couch. Is there anygod gaming chairs that one can lower the armchair really low ?
I mean so I can get that comfy couch feeling!

Soldato
Oh yeah one more here. It would be awesome I think. Seems like the more perfect size vs the 55 inch, for desktop.
But I guess if I get the 48 LG, I dont want to watch movies on my Sony 55 - XE9005..LOL!

So I might aswell get the 55, but then I have to move closer to the Tv. Ouch these decisions heh :)
I am thinking to get a nice gaming chair that also can use infront of my Tv as a couch. Is there anygod gaming chairs that one can lower the armchair really low ?
I mean so I can get that comfy couch feeling!

Get a Lay Z Boy single and use something like the Corsair Lapdog.

Associate
Get a Lay Z Boy single and use something like the Corsair Lapdog.

Thanks but no thanks. I dont want a recliner. I want a type chair with wheels, so I can use it for my desktop also. This seems like the best one I found yet. Looks really comfy :)
But the thing with it is; one cant change the height of the armchair hmm. What should I do. As I really want well say I could go with a recliner as you mentioned but, I need wheels so I can move it easily away or it will block my view when watching telly!

https://www.e-ville.com/sv/3045489-...-brI0YbLwtcu-izbQz-eWc2s_qtSlkhwaAjpNEALw_wcB

Associate
Thanks but no thanks. I dont want a recliner. I want a type chair with wheels, so I can use it for my desktop also. This seems like the best one I found yet. Looks really comfy :)
But the thing with it is; one cant change the height of the armchair hmm. What should I do. As I really want well say I could go with a recliner as you mentioned but, I need wheels so I can move it easily away or it will block my view when watching telly!

https://www.e-ville.com/sv/3045489-...-brI0YbLwtcu-izbQz-eWc2s_qtSlkhwaAjpNEALw_wcB

With gas powered office chairs you can usually buy shorter gas cylinders to lower the seat. OCUK sell them for the Noble Chairs range.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noblechairs-extra-short-gas-lift-replacement-30mm-gc-01h-nc.html

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
wow 1499.99 for the 48" that's more expensive than the c9 55"
That is the release price. The 55” was a lot more expensive on release. You need to wait until Black Friday at least. Will likely drop to a 3 figure sum, but it might not due to supply and demand on this occasion.

Last edited:
Soldato
That is the release price. The 55” was a lot more expensive on release. You need to wait until Black Friday at least. Will likely drop to a 3 figure sum, but it might now due to supply and demand on this occasion.
Not only that I am sure they keep an eye on what forums, Reddit etc are saying about the 48 and how they are desperate for it to use as a PC monitor. So compared to a monitor of such dimensions and spec it's a bargain.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not only that I am sure they keep an eye on what forums, Reddit etc are saying about the 48 and how they are desperate for it to use as a PC monitor. So compared to a monitor of such dimensions and spec it's a bargain.
Yeah. I still would not want to pay more than £800 for it though, probably even less. Will wait for everyone to use it for a year and beta test it and if all good I will jump in when the price is right.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
When you compare it to the cost of high end monitors I feel its not a bad price at all.
I do not take them into account personally. Those are loony prices that make no sense for what you get.

I would much rather compare it to my own OLED that I got on Black Friday. My one is 55” and cost me £994 and is HDMI 2.1 ready and has G-Sync. So why would I pay more than that for a smaller screen? Others can, I won’t. Price will eventually come down, I am in no rush :)

Associate
Thanks but thats not what I meant at all. I would like to change the possition on the armchairm, like the one chair I linked :)

You mean the armrest height? Armchair means an entire style of chair in English. Some here have modded non armrest adjustable chairs to use 4D armrests. You can buy just the 4D armrests separately quite cheaply and you might be able to replace them on that chair. Someone here modded an Ikea Markus to do that. Or maybe just look at Noble chairs or similar that already have adjustable arms.

Soldato
Is the difference between 48 inches and 55 inches going to really make that big of difference to someone using it as a PC monitor?

Back
Top Bottom