• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
I'm trying the dram calc again.

Division 2 still freezes and ctd.

Funny thing is my settings before I passed 4hrs of memtestx86.

In my experience stability tests are a waste of time. Play games. If it don't crash its stable. If it does it ain't.

You can pass 1001 hours of 1001 stability tests and then still crash in game so what's the point.

Saying so I'm running the memtest thing from the dram calc currently.

---

I punched in all the settings bar the LLC stuff.... in the dram calc it says things like level 2/3 but in my Gigabyte board it's normal, high, ultra etc... so I left it alone.

Also the dram calc recommended a value of 0 for the CAD_BUS _* timings. But there was no 0 on my board. So I left it on auto again.

just skimming through and seen this post.

Dont take the Division 2 hanging and crashing as a sign of an unstable computer, its a buggy unstable piece of **** at the best of times and will do that on any machine.

Soldato
Apparently Div 2 DX12 has issues with NV Pascal and older cards and is down to drivers. 1 year now Nvidia hasn't fixed the issue.

Use google to "Division 2 DX12 crash" and you will see what I mean.
Apex Legends had a CTD for a VERYYYYY long time until a driver a few weeks ago. I have no idea how anyone was able to play it until now with an Nvidia card. Anywho...

Try a variety of games. I know I got issues in Warfighter (old game now) with a GPU overclock for example, but not in anything else. Same with benchmarks/test software, they stress the CPU/GPU in different ways.

Soldato
I find d2 on 2070super very crashy on dx11, dx12 seems fine tho

I think someone mentioned that there are issues Nvidia haven't fixed with Pascal cards and DX12. I know they did a lot of work with the developer when the game launched to fix DX12 as there were known issues, but these fixes must have been for Turing.

When I play the D2 with DX12 I get a CTD eventually. No issues at all in DX11.

Soldato
Apex Legends had a CTD for a VERYYYYY long time until a driver a few weeks ago. I have no idea how anyone was able to play it until now with an Nvidia card. Anywho...

Try a variety of games. I know I got issues in Warfighter (old game now) with a GPU overclock for example, but not in anything else. Same with benchmarks/test software, they stress the CPU/GPU in different ways.

By using DX11.

I find d2 on 2070super very crashy on dx11, dx12 seems fine tho

Turing is not Pascal :p

Soldato
There is some other specific information which we have not heard off,especially regarding the status of AMD Milan production silicon. It looks Zen3 might be late 2020 at best or early 2021. There is also some more information about Zen4.

Soldato
10-15% is decent but yes would have expected a bit more also the way they were talking about it before. Only good news (if you call it that) from that info is that there will be less reason to go to Zen 4 if there's only gonna be a small increase from Zen 3.

Soldato
10-15% is decent but yes would have expected a bit more also the way they were talking about it before. Only good news (if you call it that) from that info is that there will be less reason to go to Zen 4 if there's only gonna be a small increase from Zen 3.

DDR5 and maybe PCI-E 5 with Zen 4.

Zen 3 is the last on the 'old' platform. Zen 4 will start the cycle again presumably.

So imo, you skip Zen 3 and buy Zen 4. Because AM4 will be a dead socket soon.

Soldato
Default TDP / TDP - 65W
i thought eco mode was aimed at the cpu's over 100w like the 3950x

the info says it will reduce TDP to 65w on the 105w CPU. i cant see how it would reduce the TDP of the 65w 3900 any lower.
it only dose 65W at 100% load

Seems eco-mode applies to most including 65W (drops to 45W) if this is accurate https://www.techarp.com/computer/ryzen-eco-mode-guide/

Just thinking it would be pretty nice to shoehorn a 3900 it into an air cooled SFF case.

Back
Top Bottom