******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
So you can't answer my questions then?

Furthermore, there's no need for them to actually release anything, because they can simply milk the player base ad infinitum, they've taken the the whole games as a service model to another level, it's now simply an ongoing business selling luxury items to whales, there's no actual need for a game. I bet Roberts can't believe his luck after 8 years endless broken promises and a litany of anti-consumer practices, there's still people happy to give him 3K for pixels, in his wildest dreams of developing a game he could not have imagined this. SQ42 is six years late on its own.

CIG have preyed on people's gullibility and sunk cost fallacy, let's say the game would cost $60, they have recieved maybe as much as 50K off some people and from thousands of people hundreds or dollars and from thousands of people thousands of dollars - sure no-one forced anyone to spend that money, but it's definitely preying on human weakness for profit. On top of that you have people who funded the project in good faith who have put very little into the project, maybe they just put in the box price of the game they've just been cast aside in favour of milking whales over and over again because there's more money in it.

Irrespective of whether someome can afford to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on ships in an unreleased game, how can they possibly be worth those sums of money? they can't. People have lost their minds, and CIG have expoilted that.

That's not how this works. You made the accusation, stake your case, the burden of proof is with you.

Your argument is its taking longer than you expect it should therefore "scam"

Work is getting done, Chris, tho i'm sure is earning a pretty penny out of this himself is paying his 600+ staff to do that work and this is not yet the longest in development game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well rather than derail the thread, we'll have to agree to differ on SC. There are none so blind as those who choose not to see.

8 years in already, and nothing to show for it speaks for itself, still there's plenty of people to fund Roberts ego and as long as that continues nothing will be released IMO.

They'll release/ditch only when there's no money left.

Caporegime
Well rather than derail the thread, we'll have to agree to differ on SC. There are none so blind as those who choose not to see.

8 years in already, and nothing to show for it speaks for itself, still there's plenty of people to fund Roberts ego and as long as that continues nothing will be released IMO.

They'll release/ditch only when there's no money left.

I will agree the longer money keeps pouring in the less incentive they have of getting it done. the other side of that is if the money stops it might not actually get done at all.

The amount of money that has poured in is a problem, its the reason Chris changed his mind on the scope of the thing to start with, and if money keeps pouring in he may never stop adding to it..... but this doesn't make it a scam. :)

Soldato
I will agree the longer money keeps pouring in the less incentive they have of getting it done. the other side of that is if the money stops it might not actually get done at all.

The amount of money that has poured in is a problem, its the reason Chris changed his mind on the scope of the thing to start with, and if money keeps pouring in he may never stop adding to it..... but this doesn't make it a scam. :)
WOW is a scam.

they keep adding content in that players pay for.

fortnite also the same. scammers

Associate
Is this a game that's going to be best played with a HOTAs, gamepad, keyboard and mouse or actually a combo depending on what you're doing in the game?

Caporegime
Is this a game that's going to be best played with a HOTAs, gamepad, keyboard and mouse or actually a combo depending on what you're doing in the game?

HOTAs gives more freedom of movement of your ship, its certainly easier if you have a throttle stick rather than using W - S or X and the mouse scroll wheel if you prefer to fly locked in cruse mode (C)

But Keyboard and Mouse is fine. its what i use.

Soldato
WOW is a scam.

they keep adding content in that players pay for.

fortnite also the same. scammers

I wouldn't bother arguing with these guys anymore, it's like talking to a brick wall. I've still got my account from when I first backed this the moment they opened their first funraiser, I jump in from time to time to see exactly where it stands and no matter how we argue, they will just scream nonsense.

Soldato

You might not feel that way if you backed early on, for whatever cost it was, and 8 years later it's still not finished, I know I would. ;)

Soldato
Does anyone else get severe stuttering when going into a different area / room?
Monitoring shows my cpu threads all on 60-80% usage and gpu (2080ti) on around the same when running 3440x1440 with everything turned up.
It’s like old games running on a HDD, loading a new area and the game clunks along as does the mechanical hdd sound.
The game is on a secondary 2tb m2 nvme ssd though, so doubt it’s that

Edit. Anyone get this on loading the game?
ERROR - CIG services (CODE 16007)
Acount data update failed.
Syncronizing account data with the game network either failed or timed out

This, appears to be not just me

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...ervices_Code_16007_Account_data_update_failed

It was after patching to 3.9.1 for me. Worked before (allbeit with the above stuttering problems)

Last edited:
Soldato
That's not how this works. You made the accusation, stake your case, the burden of proof is with you.

Your argument is its taking longer than you expect it should therefore "scam"

Work is getting done, Chris, tho i'm sure is earning a pretty penny out of this himself is paying his 600+ staff to do that work and this is not yet the longest in development game.

You do know this is an internet forum with a load of randoms not a court of law? :rolleyes::p

Caporegime
Captured the Invictus fleet....

Notice my frame rates drop from about <80 FPS to <40 FPS the instant they appear, the hitching that starts when the fireworks start is something to do with the recording, AMD's finicky never perfect software does that, as soon as i stop the recording the hitching stops. There is also about 10 FPS drop in performance.

Nvidia's recoding tech is better.... A shame that because the GPU its self is really good.

Associate
Why do the people that scream “scam” only come out when the game gets an update.. and update usually means the game is getting worked on, right?

Seems moronic to me to write on a forum, any forum, about your dislike of anything, especially a game that’s quite clearly NOT a scam, CIG have opened studios around the world, developing ground breaking tech, regular updates, and there are two games in development...

You don’t like it? Fine, You don’t like how long it’s taking? Fine, no one does even the players, You don’t like how much money it’s made? So what it’s not come out your bank account..

I just don’t get it, anyway I’m off to play this scam

Soldato
You don’t like it? Fine, You don’t like how long it’s taking? Fine, no one does even the players, You don’t like how much money it’s made? So what it’s not come out your bank account..
I think your missing a large number who are highly critical of it actually gave their money to the project, like I did. I was one of the original backers and after 7 years I still don't have what was promised, not great considering original time frame for competition was a year or two from original kickstarter. To be clear I do not think it's a scam, just a extremely poorly manged project

Caporegime
I think your missing a large number who are highly critical of it actually gave their money to the project, like I did. I was one of the original backers and after 7 years I still don't have what was promised, not great considering original time frame for competition was a year or two from original kickstarter. To be clear I do not think it's a scam, just a extremely poorly manged project

Then you are in agreement with him...

Soldato
Captured the Invictus fleet....

Notice my frame rates drop from about <80 FPS to <40 FPS the instant they appear, the hitching that starts when the fireworks start is something to do with the recording, AMD's finicky never perfect software does that, as soon as i stop the recording the hitching stops. There is also about 10 FPS drop in performance.

Nvidia's recoding tech is better.... A shame that because the GPU its self is really good.

Not sure if it helps mate, but check out Windows game options, there are a bunch of toggles for things in there that can help with performance once disabled and might be causing that drop whilst you're also running the recording software. I've seen it interfere before.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-and-remove-game-bar-windows-10-creators-update

Whilst we don't agree on Star Citizen, and I come across a ****. It's still a forum we all have a similar passion on and I hope the above helps.

Caporegime
Not sure if it helps mate, but check out Windows game options, there are a bunch of toggles for things in there that can help with performance once disabled and might be causing that drop whilst you're also running the recording software. I've seen it interfere before.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-and-remove-game-bar-windows-10-creators-update

Whilst we don't agree on Star Citizen, and I come across a ****. It's still a forum we all have a similar passion on and I hope the above helps.

I will look at that later when i have time, thanks man :)

Back
Top Bottom